2018 Green Bay Packers v.3..... Who's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Takes three years to fully install Pettine's system. It's a work in progress. Fans need to give it time, one step at a time.
This is true, and hopefully LeFleur took the job knowing that. But, more often the case with head coach changes, will be a new defensive philosophy too

This is true, and hopefully LeFleur took the job knowing that. But, more often the case with head coach changes, will be a new defensive philosophy too

I already liked the pick of Lafleur, but when I read that he had a section in his interview presentation specifically devoted to retaining Pettine, I was sold.

Now, only on to personnel
Step 1: Sign Lamarcus Joyner or Earl Thomas
Step 2: Sign CJ Mosley or Jordan Hicks
Step 3: Sign a veteran G and veteran T
Step 4: Double down on Edge rushers in the Draft
Step 5: Win Super Bowl in five consecutive seasons

Yeah, we had a top 5 defense in terms of pass rush efficacy. At one point around Week 15, it was #1.
Now if only they could limit the big bombs on the ground and in the air.

I just want consistency. Don’t need a #1 though that’d be nice I just want a consistent defense

Now if only they could limit the big bombs on the ground and in the air.

I just want consistency. Don’t need a #1 though that’d be nice I just want a consistent defense

I think it will be improved tbh, but who knows. Run defense is my big thing. If anyone here can remember the 2003 season before Grady Jackson was signed, having a really bad run defense is as frustrating as anything in the league. Followed by having bad pass protection imo.

Vic Fangio leaving the Bears to go coach the Broncos

giphy.gif

Vic Fangio leaving the Bears to go coach the Broncos

giphy.gif

We play the Broncos in 2019. First time since the infamous shellacking in 2015.

Better than having to face his defenses twice a year though.

Fat Mike and his stale ass offense are sitting next season out. LMAO @ the lack of interest.

See ya MM.

Fat Mike and his stale ass offense are sitting next season out. LMAO @ the lack of interest.

See ya MM.

Team GM: So what is your resume, Mike?

Mike McCarthy: Well, I one a SB. Made the playoffs in 8 consecutive seasons. Made it to 4 NFC title games with two hall of fame quarterbacks.

Team GM: Wait, you had Brett Favre for only a couple seasons, but you won only one SB with Aaron Rodgers?

Mike McCarthy: Yes. That is all true.

Team GM: And this was nearly a decade ago?

Mike McCarthy: Correct.

Team GM: That's one title with Aaron Rodgers?

Mike McCarthy: Once again, all of your facts are true.

Team GM:
giphy.gif

This is kind of the worst part of being a packer fan. Obviously it's optimism season for everyone, but like, I'm genuinely unsure if I should expect an NFC championship or another sub 500 "rebuild" year.

See ya MM.
Lmfao at him turning down the KKKardinals though. I'll always love and respect McCarthy, glad he didn't want any part of that dumpster fire

Step 4: Double down on Edge rushers in the Draft
there are no words in the English language (nor to my knowledge, Chinese, Korean, and Ojibwe, all of which I've studied in some depth) that could express how happy this would make me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back