2018 PotWR Round 2: The Debate/ Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking News:

A fist fight between Presidential hopeful @Cubo de Sangre and his VP @Gutter Chris has broke out about their voter base being allowed to have hot girl avatars.

No fight. Chris is welcome to his opinions. Not like they matter when it comes to the duties of President. Lots of suckers don't seem to grasp that though.

Looks like you would return the war room to lawlessness. @JamesRussler will fight against such lawlessness, without fear or hesitation.

It would be more fun if your comments were grounded in at least the tiniest bit of reality. Just sayin'.

GNN Reports: Odds for candidates to advance to next round of voting

GNN.bmp

@luckyshot - 88%
Although luckyshot currently holds a smaller share of the overall polled votes than Cubo de Sangre, his support is much more firmly grounded than the embattled front runner. While de Sangre has suffered considerable losses to right-wing rival JamesRussler, luckyshot has consolidated left and center-left support through his Sanity Party base.​

@Cubo de Sangre - 82.5%
Cubo de Sangre continues to lead in the polls and is very likely to advance to the next round of voting. However, his support has appeared increasingly vulnerable in the past two weeks. While ridding the field of rivals snakedafunky and Clippy will surely increase his vote share, his most pressing concern is our next candidate.​

@JamesRussler - 59.5%
Russler has become the talk of the town with his recent campaign ads, slogans, and videos. His recent appointment of Contradictator to his Vice President spot could help him increase his chances to advance to the next round of voting, but the VP's lack of appeal to anything but the far-right could also short-circuit his campaign from progressing further.​

@Hunter Simpson - 38%
Like Lowmanproblem, Simpson suffers from luckyshot's existence in this race and he will struggle to secure the necessary left and center-left votes to advance to the next round. However, if he does, he will immediately become a strong candidate to advance further, as he will likely benefit greatly as second option for voters of candidates like Lowmanproblems, Tobacco, and snakedafunky. Additionally, in the unlikely scenario that left-wing leader luckyshot fails to advance and Simpson succeeds, he could quickly become a better's favorite to take the election. Should both candidates advance, it could spell trouble for both of their tickets.​

@Clippy - 36%
Clippy is perhaps the oddest candidate in the race. He lacks a clear message, a well-known running mate, an established history on the sub-forum, or a clear place on the forum's political spectrum. However, he may have a place on the autism spectrum - and frankly, that's adorable. His rapport with posters across the political divide, his strong name recognition, and his palatable campaign strategy make him a surprisingly viable candidate to advance.​

@Lowmanproblems - 29.5%
Lowmanproblems has a high floor and a low-to-intermediate ceiling that depends almost entirely on how effective his recent move to the center and his choice of Vice President is with voters. While Lowmanproblems' current polling numbers are underwhelming, advanced analytics show that his ticket enjoys unique support as a second option to voters across the race, making his single-digit polling numbers somewhat deceiving. He will win a certain amount of anti-Trump voters and posters otherwise admiring of his aggressive and full-throated political style. Like Hunter SImpson, he will suffer from luckyshot's consolidation of the left and center-left vote. But without Hunter Simpson's favorability with Sanity Party members and without the friendly forum rapport of posters like Tobacco and Clippy, he may struggle to sufficiently pick up votes at the margins, except through the influence of his running mate. Time will only tell, but it could turn out that his trademark sizzle will be a millstone on his success and on the perceived sincerity of his centrist campaign.​

@Tobacco - 27%
After Clippy, Tobacco may be the second hardest result to predict. Loved by some and likely by nearly all, Tobacco is himself a strong candidate. However, he has ran a flawed campaign. In addition to failing to select a running mate, his campaign message has been inconsistent and at times incoherent. Although he is currently polling higher than Lowmanproblems, one has to think these campaign gaffes will come home to roost.
@snakedafunky - 19%
Had snakedafunky chosen to run a more traditional and rigorous campaign, he'd likely be in a strong position to proceed further. However, the wily veteran made the baffling choice to run a novelty campaign and then welsh almost entirely on his campaign responsibilities during the latter half of the round. While the "plus" analysis bumps up his chances and is reflected in his present odds, expecting more than a single-digit vote share seems unreasonably optimistic given his recent inactivity.
@Headkicktoleg - 17%
Headkicktoleg has ran an admirable campaign: enthusiastic, fearless, and hopeful. However, Cubo de Sangre's early locking up of center-right support, combined with JamesRussler's recent far-right blitzkrieg, has created an uphill battle that will be very difficult to overcome for the candidate. He still has a chance, though, owing to the continued complacency of de Sangre and the undeniable possibility of a late-game boner by JamesRussler. If he wants to advance, he'll need to work hard on election day.​

@Slick_36 - 5%
Well, this was disappointing. While slick_36 enjoys resilient support from a small portion of the electorate, he has done very little to parlay that foundation into a more viable campaign. He will receive some votes, but success is earned and he simply hasn't put in the legwork to give himself more than a hail mary's chance to advance to the next round.​

@leto1776 - <1%
Leto1776 recently withdrew his name from consideration. While this would seem to suggest he should be excluded from our analysis entirely, he could still rescind his withdrawal and give himself a one-in-a-million shot to advance. Here at GNN, we don't discount miracles - and leto1776 would certainly need one.​

Failing to select a running mate isn't a flaw. I am running on a judment based platform and in the miniscule chance that I go mental like Homer and DQ myself I want the War Room to hold another vote between the next top three vote getters.

This isn't like the national election where we spend millions and shit. Just have another vote open for 3 days to pick a new President for the rest of my scheduled term.

I mean seriously... Did anybody even notice that Luckyshot was President when Homer fell? Tells you how useless the VP succession is.

Now a fair criticism is getting more people to spam PMs and shit would be a good strategy but I'll share thoughts on that later.

Btw the POTWR election certainly spills over and impacts private life. It was so in my case two years ago, I always wrote my speeches around midnight when my wife and kid were already sleeping. @Dr J got words from his wife over the WR if I understand correctly. Not sure about @Warlord Palis but I would estimate he lacked sleep at work during that time. Also sure @Hans Gruber spent way more time than he had planned in these threads.

So @luckyshot I feel your pain.

<21>

Umm yeah I’m sure I spent sometime as well lol

i survived uber to walmart and my driver said and i quote "you are the nicest guy i have ever ubered."

i survived uber to walmart and my driver said and i quote "you are the nicest guy i have ever ubered."

Did you sit in the front seat and give him a hand job?

Hello, @Dr.J ! But the case for @Hans Gruber was far greater than just the time he spent here. In fact the time spent here, tremendous as it was, was still a fraction of the time he spent in totality. So great was his concern for the outcome of 2016 that he made a prodigious effort to make such an effort and so great an impact across the entire net.He was on all major social platforms, Twitter, you name it. What he did, in retrospect was truly phenomenal,.
Yep, the man had no quit in him. He even dug up dirt on bestiality websites. <Eek2.0>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back