2018 PotWR Round 3: The Jungle Primary

Sherdog PotWR Primary Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lead I would guess the candidates have really pushed hard this round, and while we had more voters, they didnt actually take the time to keep up with the content of the thread.

Lol @ people playing handbags in a place they know it won't happen....

I suppose.

2016 Round 3 1,327 posts 19,757 views 111 votes (66.87% participation)
2017 Round 3 2,425 posts 57,139 views 189 votes (63.21% participation)
2018 Round 3 3,611 posts 33,623 views 249 votes (71% participation) since I last updated

So this year had more posts and voter participation both in volume and rate so I guess I shouldn't complain over views.

Did you have the 10-vote limit on mass tagging before?

@Lead I would guess the candidates have really pushed hard this round, and while we had more voters, they didnt actually take the time to keep up with the content of the thread.

Yea. I also think tagging was overly done last year too IIRC.

Did you have the 10-vote limit on mass tagging before?

First year, I think I just said to not use the entire list and it was after it was done a few times. Second year, I believe I had the same rule we have this year but people just did more posts using the 10.

pcptornado was involved last year and was seen as an OT character so it's possible the thread got more OT lurkers

But you see the other option being problematic too, no? People have mentioned already that this place is becoming a "no snitch" culture and giving out that information would make it ten times worse. The report function is very helpful for moderators and I don't want people to hesitate if they legitimately think something is report worthy.

I would ask @SBJJ what moderator told him that and then ask that moderator.

Moderators just banned a poster with a decade-old account and then publicly stated that it was because he was reporting too much - knowing the "snitch" narrative (which had already been fueled by moderators) would result. And now accusing persons of reporting posts is being openly used dishonestly, which is on top of rampant trolling and shit-posting.

So even if decent posters try to be good sports and refrain from reporting misconduct (I am predicting I report a post about once every 4 months on average), they still get hit with the accusations and are sandwiched between unchecked shit-posting and still getting accused of ratting on said shit-posting.

Not sure why this hit a nerve, as SBJJ is generally a harmless enough poster, but it did.

First year, I think I just said to not use the entire list and it was after it was done a few times. Second year, I believe I had the same rule we have this year but people just did more posts using the 10.

pcptornado was involved last year and was seen as an OT character so it's possible the thread got more OT lurkers

Just to clear, we're comparing Round 3 voter participation year to year, right?
I'm wondering if the final vote will be less since people will inevitably forget to login, etc.

I'm wondering if the final vote will be less since people will inevitably forget to login, etc.

This will be the first year we have had a final four.

Moderators just banned a poster with a decade-old account and then publicly stated that it was because he was reporting too much - knowing the "snitch" narrative (which had already been fueled by moderators) would result. And now accusing persons of reporting posts is being openly used dishonestly, which is on top of rampant trolling and shit-posting.

So even if decent posters try to be good sports and refrain from reporting misconduct (I am predicting I report a post about once every 4 months on average), they still get hit with the accusations and are sandwiched between unchecked shit-posting and still getting accused of ratting on said shit-posting.

Not sure why this hit a nerve, as SBJJ is generally a harmless enough poster, but it did.

Homer was the only example I can think of that had ongoing abuse of the report button. Anyone else who abused it received a pm and adjusted to only use it at correct times. Homer was warned more than once to stop doing it and didn't stop. He was warned to cut down on hotdog gifs and didn't stop for a month or so either. There were multiple issues that came up over the past few years that ultimately led to his ban.

Also, I gave you a good route to go. Ask @SBJJ what mod said it. If he says who it was, ask that mod. If he doesn't, why would you be concerned who believes that?

There are wide spread reports that if you try voting for Lowman that the Deep State wont let you do so. Some of you guys should try it out and report back.

Yea, that was Round 3 year to year. Round 4 won't have something to compare it to since it's new. Round 5 (Past two years Round 4) hasn't happened yet.

Homer was the only example I can think of that had ongoing abuse of the report button. Anyone else who abused it received a pm and adjusted to only use it at correct times. Homer was warned more than once to stop doing it and didn't stop. He was warned to cut down on hotdog gifs and didn't stop for a month or so either. There were multiple issues that came up over the past few years that ultimately led to his ban.

Also, I gave you a good route to go. Ask @SBJJ what mod said it. If he says who it was, ask that mod. If he doesn't, why would you be concerned who believes that?

It's concerning because it sets the clear precedent that not only will shit-posting be tolerated, but even when decent posters refuse to report shit-posting the shit-posters will lie that they are reporting it constantly. For instance, I now fully expect this will become a talking point (more than it is now) that Homer's wing here reports a lot - and even though we can prove otherwise, we are not allowed to.

EDIT: And for the record, this is not about @SBJJ, who I don't think would be a problem in this area. This was just about a bet. But it does touch on a pretty giant hole in forum regulation

It's concerning because it sets the clear precedent that not only will shit-posting be tolerated, but even when decent posters refuse to report shit-posting the shit-posters will lie that they are reporting it constantly. For instance, I now fully expect this will become a talking point (more than it is now) that Homer's wing here reports a lot - and even though we can prove otherwise, we are not allowed to.

Talking about who reports or doesn't report is derailing anyways so it would just get deleted in a normal thread. I can only tell you I wasn't the mod who said that I don't even believe a mod said that to him.

EDIT: And for the record, this is not about @SBJJ, who I don't think would be a problem in this area. This was just about a bet. But it does touch on a pretty giant hole in forum regulation

Ask @Ruprecht maybe. He settled one once before with Palis and some other guy.

Talking about who reports or doesn't report is derailing anyways so it would just get deleted in a normal thread. I can only tell you I wasn't the mod who said that I don't even believe a mod said that to him.

While we're at it I would like an unbiased group of MODS go through my post history to prove I never attacked ANY posters family. I then want Trotsky punished for that lie when I'm vindicated

Enough Trots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back