2018 PotWR Round 5: The General Election

Sherdog PotWR Round 5: General Election Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think well enough of Cubo to be holding on to my vote up to this point but he is not entirely innocent of personal mud flinging.

None of us are innocent (I am admittedly probably the most guilty), but the insult I’m referring to was on another level entirely. It was below the belt. I can’t discuss the content of it because it’s confidential. You can ask Cubo’s wife (Tufts) how she feels about it.

All I’m saying is it’s understandable. Cubo is still yer boy, and you gotta show out for ya boy!

I'm not sure how to read the tone of your last sentence but I personally am not sure what post you're referring to. The exchanges between @Fawlty and @Cubo de Sangre make clear that there's a lot of history and antipathy between the two and regardless of whose position I favor in any part of this I'd like to see the healing begin.

I think well enough of Cubo to be holding on to my vote up to this point but he is not entirely innocent of personal mud flinging.

This whole thing is a shitshow, i just don't have time for people pretending things are one sided.

Dear Sherbros,

I have a statement to make on my campaign that's born from much deliberation and soul-searching. I want to start out by saying that this process has been an amazing experience for me on so many levels. The hope, the competition, the questioning of ethics, and finding out if I could accomplish what I've wanted to see around here for a long time. Not to mention the bonds that I've formed with posters like @Gutter Chris, @JamesRussler, @N13, @Lowmanproblems, @Sketch, and @luckyshot. What an experience we've all shared.

I entered the race because I wanted to use the one power of the Presidential sticky-threads to elevate our discourse by disallowing insults and off-topic derails. Secondary to that was setting a bi-partisan tone. The folks I consulted with early said that sounded good but expressed little confidence in my chances of success. And I agreed it was all but a pipe-dream. But you know what, I wanted to try. Not sit around wondering what if. So I tested the waters for support and found some. This gave me the encouragement I needed. To me the Presidency is a means to a goal, and campaigning a necessary evil.

It's become obvious my platform isn't of concern to many. My hope of uniting us in a way where we appreciate each other as community members hasn't been well-received. Some prominent lefties liked my platform but never liked me as a candidate enough to attach their names with votes. No matter how I tried behind the scenes I couldn't make it happen. As the election has progressed it became clear I was going to end up the right's candidate in another partisan shit-show. I would have dropped out last round but felt a sense of obligation to see things through, due to all the work and support others put in on my behalf. It's been one Hell of a dilemma for me.

This morning I woke up feeling clear on the matter for the first time. This campaigning business has compromised my ethics in that I've allowed myself to descend into the kind of treatment of others that I stand against. I admit there was some fun in it, but that fun as run its course. I don't wish to represent one side, but that's the position I've been shoved and pulled into. I wanted to stand in the middle and bring together all the moderates on both sides. I've failed. I disavow partisan attacks no matter which side they come from.

I've lost all appetite for this process. Instead of changing the system I let it change me. Now I'm changing it back. If you like what I stand for please express that with your vote. Win or lose, I'd like to know who you are. Hespect.

While @luckyshot won't add anything new to the War Room like has been my intent, he's been to me a good human being, and I expect if he wins he'll treat all sides with decency and fairness. These are my last words on this campaign other than to offer my sincerest gratitude to everyone who voted for me at any stage, who made posts on my behalf, who sent out PM's vouching for me, and @JamesRussler & @Warlord Palis for elevating the contests with their .gifs and videos. I'm just not willing to play this game any longer because my Sherbros mean more to me than forcing upon the forum a vision not shared.

This is no concession. It's just the truth, and I felt it was time to share. Thanks for your time if you made it through this wall of text. :eek::D
I'm going think about this and come back with some thoughts concerning this statement @Cubo de Sangre . I have some first thoughts, but I need to give them a minute to breathe.

Cheers.

Last edited:
To broaden the issue somewhat, I think living peacefully in society requires both a commitment not to give offense gratuitously and not to take offense gratuitously. Fawlty's already made it clear that he didn't intend any offense to her, and I think anyone reading the exchange could have seen that beforehand. We should make an effort to try to understand each other so we can both learn rather than trying to score cheap political points in a kind of offense-taking arm's race.

I never heard him apologize or anything. TBH, Fawlty’s the only guy I ever really sensed meant the insults personally. He wasn’t “playing around” IMO. Just calling it as I see it.

I never heard him apologize or anything. TBH, Fawlty’s the only guy I ever really sensed meant the insults personally. He wasn’t “playing around” IMO. Just calling it as I see it.

Did you actually read the exchange in question?

Dear Sherbros,

I have a statement to make on my campaign that's born from much deliberation and soul-searching. I want to start out by saying that this process has been an amazing experience for me on so many levels. The hope, the competition, the questioning of ethics, and finding out if I could accomplish what I've wanted to see around here for a long time. Not to mention the bonds that I've formed with posters like @Gutter Chris, @JamesRussler, @N13, @Lowmanproblems, @Sketch, and @luckyshot. What an experience we've all shared.

I entered the race because I wanted to use the one power of the Presidential sticky-threads to elevate our discourse by disallowing insults and off-topic derails. Secondary to that was setting a bi-partisan tone. The folks I consulted with early said that sounded good but expressed little confidence in my chances of success. And I agreed it was all but a pipe-dream. But you know what, I wanted to try. Not sit around wondering what if. So I tested the waters for support and found some. This gave me the encouragement I needed. To me the Presidency is a means to a goal, and campaigning a necessary evil.

It's become obvious my platform isn't of concern to many. My hope of uniting us in a way where we appreciate each other as community members hasn't been well-received. Some prominent lefties liked my platform but never liked me as a candidate enough to attach their names with votes. No matter how I tried behind the scenes I couldn't make it happen. As the election has progressed it became clear I was going to end up the right's candidate in another partisan shit-show. I would have dropped out last round but felt a sense of obligation to see things through, due to all the work and support others put in on my behalf. It's been one Hell of a dilemma for me.

This morning I woke up feeling clear on the matter for the first time. This campaigning business has compromised my ethics in that I've allowed myself to descend into the kind of treatment of others that I stand against. I admit there was some fun in it, but that fun as run its course. I don't wish to represent one side, but that's the position I've been shoved and pulled into. I wanted to stand in the middle and bring together all the moderates on both sides. I've failed. I disavow partisan attacks no matter which side they come from.

I've lost all appetite for this process. Instead of changing the system I let it change me. Now I'm changing it back. If you like what I stand for please express that with your vote. Win or lose, I'd like to know who you are. Hespect.

While @luckyshot won't add anything new to the War Room like has been my intent, he's been to me a good human being, and I expect if he wins he'll treat all sides with decency and fairness. These are my last words on this campaign other than to offer my sincerest gratitude to everyone who voted for me at any stage, who made posts on my behalf, who sent out PM's vouching for me, and @JamesRussler & @Warlord Palis for elevating the contests with their .gifs and videos. I'm just not willing to play this game any longer because my Sherbros mean more to me than forcing upon the forum a vision not shared.

This is no concession. It's just the truth, and I felt it was time to share. Thanks for your time if you made it through this wall of text. :eek::D
th

Dear Sherbros,

WTF if I had known that voting for you would leave you so rustled....

What is this non-partisan weak shit BTW?

When did the WAR ROOM become such a gathering of old pussies?

I don't come here to cuddle.

<DisgustingHHH>

This is the nerdiest shit ever and I played Neverwinter Nights and I do a great yoda impression

WoW, FFXIV or duel at sunset.

Ps I can recite all of The Wssteland from memory.

I've lost all appetite for this process. Instead of changing the system I let it change me. Now I'm changing it back.

How? You're saying that you should have denounced your handlers SBJJ, Sketch, and Palis, and that you regret not doing that, which sounds honorable, but then ... you're not going to actually do it, and we should act as if you did?

That's like a conman saying, "I shouldn't have stolen all that money from those orphans. It was wrong of me. Now, let's all go to my yacht and have a party."

WoW, FFXIV or duel at sunset.

Ps I can recite all of The Wssteland from memory.

Isn't dawn ideal? Pistols for two, coffee for one?

To broaden the issue somewhat, I think living peacefully in society requires both a commitment not to give offense gratuitously and not to take offense gratuitously.

Did you make this up yourself?

It's beautiful and extremely on-point.

Dear Sherbros,

A very Presidential statement by you. Well said.

Dear Sherbros,

Your passion has been a big positive and negative throughout the campaign. You have my respect and appreciation, but I can't support you while you represent the worst posters on here who do nothing but divide. If you want to bring the War Room together, condemning them would be the first place to start.

Real simple. Folks central to the Lucky camp tried to paint me as a bad person for having voters with what they considered questionable ethics. When it was brought up that a poster who voted for them claimed to have witnessed girls being drugged and doing nothing, they chose to defend the situation by nit-picking how that abhorrent claim was re-told. Instead of condemning saying nothing, they were content with that poster not having to stuck around to actually watch the rape occur.

Not sure if it's honesty or another dishonest miscalculation, but Trotsky then said he also saw a girl get slipped something and chose to leave rather than get in a fight.

Now think of that behavior the Lucky team condones and then look at how they vilify me for standing up for my wife. Looks like to me like they take a shitty position towards women. Especially with a VP who proudly rocks an AV of a guy who...well...you know.

Dude, this thread is too long to get to the bottom of this. Does your wife post here?

Hello War Room!

You don't know me. But I know you. How is that? Because I am a Sherdogger. I have been a member of the SMC since April of 2017. Before that however, I knew about you boyz for years. I have heard all the stories.

I have been following the election and have been very impressed with all the effort everyone has put in. I have enjoyed the humor and the comraderie, the snarky comments, the .gifs, and Clippy, what a hilarious train wreck eh?! You have made me ROFL.

At one point I was insulted by someone who had never met me. Under the guise of humor, something crass was said to a close friend of mine @HomeCheese, one of the nicest, most woke dudes you will ever meet. I mentioned to my husband that I had been brought into the fray, and like the man that he is, he came to my defense, guns blazing. This got him some serious cuddle time, if you know what I am saying ;)

As the round of four was coming to an end though, I saw some comments that bothered me. Not sure how any man can say he is a man and watch a woman get drugged and abused. I expected more.

And then in his opening speech, @luckyshot , who I felt until then was a decent guy, talked shit on my husband for defending me, calling what his VP said a joke. It wasn't and we all know it. What were you thinking bringing this back up? We had let it go. Whether I am attractive or not should be irrelevant (I am btw!), I'm still someone who is supposedly a "friend's" wife. That's who you joke with, amirite, with friends? So you would say what was said on line, and then in PMs, to a friend about his wife? My friends wouldn't. Of course, my friends also don't turn away when they witness women get drugged and abused.

Why I was even looking at the posts was questioned (coz I'm invested in the outcome, and I've been a part of the creation of an original campaign to make the War Room a better place before most of you even realized the election was coming up). And I was referred to as a bitch (which I can be, but choose not to be, since the world has enough ugliness). It was disappointing that the party I have always supported and always voted for seems to condone violence against women and wants to promote being a dick during what should ideally be a civil discussion.

While I realize you don't agree on much, I thought you agreed that family was off limits.

I also thought during this time of anger and chaos that civility would be welcomed.

It is not ok to talk shit on people's families. It is not ok to drug and rape women.

I still have hope though.

I therefore endorse @Cubo de Sangre for War Room president. I have known and loved him for almost 23 years. Sack up and be decent men and vote for what is right.

It's nice to meet you, gentlemen!

Mrs. Cubo de Sangre

@MusterX - Never stop following your instincts!
@sickc0d3r - Thank you for the kind words. I look forward to meeting you in person as well.
@europe1 -överraskning!
@Bullett - secrets revealed!
@the muntjac - Welcome back!

Thanks @Cubo de Sangre.

The company @Cubo de Sangre keeps is...less than ideal.

@Cubo de Sangre if I vote for you, am I gonna have to do more work laying the hands on these mark ass tricks, or are you gonna keep the goons in line?

Because if one of these marks ends up in a position of power, well brother i'm gonna have to shock the system.

Dear Sherbros,

Wow dude.

Let me say I understand more than you'll believe. Two years ago, I created a platform that was intended to make a better War Room: reward good posting, punish bad posting by calling people out and most of all, encourage self-policing of political camps (I promised a month of Plats account for people who nominated posters for the POTM/SPOTM awards against political leaning).

The way the whole process was set up though (only one primary to identify the top 2) made it necessary that I challenged the frontrunner (Palis) right away. So I did, but because he was the darling of the right, and only few right-wing posters were willing to follow me (quality folks though, I have listed them earlier), this didn't work out (close though).

I didn't go through the same process that you did, so I won't pretend. But it's clear that this whole election process is so tough that it has an effect on you. I am glad you reflected that for yourself and came to the conclusion that it is not worth it. It speaks for you as a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back