2020 Potential Fighter of the Year?

It's easy to be a revisionist but Hernandez had a ton of hype and Al had just bear Kevin Lee handily when Cerrone beat them. Cerrone was already a top 5 guy when he lost to Gaethje and Ferguson, who were top 5 guys theirselves.

It's not hard to comprehend when you look at it.

Except he was ranked at LW not WW where the fight was contested. And you are right it's easy to be a revisionist by looking at the fact that Cerrone got finished in his prior 2 fights to McGregor. Rankings are based on actual wins over ranked opponents. You lose, the ranks drop. Iaqunita was Cerrone's only top 10 win in over 3 years at any weight class. Actually 4 years when I look at it because brown had dropped out of the rankings by the time he and cerrone had fought.

Hope you realize we may not get any fights until the fall. Not too realistic someone like Tony fights twice this year. He's been fighting once a year since 2016. Weili is a good pick. Hope she rematch e's Joanna later this year. That fight was 50/50.
Fine then she takes it

No.
As usual, I call it down the line and the way it is but I'll read the comedy you're about to spew ( I'd quit while you're not ahead )

Cerrone has difficulty cutting to LW. Conor has a shit and he's on. You said it In your post, Cerrone is taller than McGregor. He's bigger.

How did WW favor McGregor?

Cerrone has difficulty cutting to LW. Conor has a shit and he's on. You said it In your post, Cerrone is taller than McGregor. He's bigger.

How did WW favor McGregor?
??? I never said anything about welterweight favoring McGregor ( again, not that it was " welterweight " anyway).
Cerrone is taller ( that's how he makes 155). Napoleon has put on some density to his frame but good ole genetics has him hitting a wall. He might fight someone who is 10 pounds heavier than him come the walk but he wont fight a real welterweight ( you know , someone who makes the walk at 188-190). Usman had recently said something about fighting McGregor.....never going to happen. It would look like a circus fight and UFC doesnt do those.....uncle Dana doesnt need to protect Conor cause McGregor and coach have been kings of lip service.

??? I never said anything about welterweight favoring McGregor ( again, not that it was " welterweight " anyway).
Cerrone is taller ( that's how he makes 155). Napoleon has put on some density to his frame but good ole genetics has him hitting a wall. He might fight someone who is 10 pounds heavier than him come the walk but he wont fight a real welterweight ( you know , someone who makes the walk at 188-190). Usman had recently said something about fighting McGregor.....never going to happen. It would look like a circus fight and UFC doesnt do those.....uncle Dana doesnt need to protect Conor cause McGregor and coach have been kings of lip service.

You calling it McGregor weight clearly implies it's favorable to him.

I can only agree with all that other stuff.

You calling it McGregor weight clearly implies it's favorable to him.

I can only agree with all that other stuff.
No - my theory has nothing to do with anything favoring him ( he prefers not to cut weight as he really does want to be at welter but , again, it seems that he cant get to where he wants to be).

I don't like Conor but ( if you read my posts) I still consider him an elite top tier 155er. However these " welterweight " fights are just a facade. Hes not some crazy kid that will fight anyone at any weight like Uncle Dana likes to sing.

This was about him beating cerrone and if they were to give an award out to someone after one fight . I spoke /typed candidly and honestly.

The sh'doggers wish it( topic), I dish it.....straight.

Considering it took 40 seconds to take out a top 5 guy? How isn't it? And obviously the higher prolific wins have more value than something like John Dodsons KO over Nathaniel Wood.

Cowboy was not a top 5 WW, and was coming off a first round KO loss to Gaethje, and a TKO beating from Tony. Get real man.
Du Bronx victory over Lee was much better. He's not getting a title shot this year, but he strings together another 2 wins, could easily be FOTY. Conor's FOTY days are over by about 3 years.

lol how is Conor's win even close to a great win for 2020?

because there 8 cards this entire year and it was a 1st round main event KO on the biggest card of the year so far...................

Just trigger responses eh? No thoughts, logic, just triggered

because there 8 cards this entire year and it was a 1st round main event KO on the biggest card of the year so far...................

Just trigger responses eh? No thoughts, logic, just triggered

It wasn't a big win though. Also what does the card have to do with it? What the fuck.
Zhang vs Joanna is indisputably a much better fight and win. Also had a title on the line.

Zhang is the clear answer so far this year.

I’m honestly astonished at people clamoring for it to be Mcgregor he beat Cerrone coming off two back to back knockout losses. He went out and did precisely what he was supposed to, I’d love to see him fight some Legitimate ranked opponents now (like work his way up the food chain maybe a real top5 at the class he hopes to rematch the champ in).. The Cerrone matchup was a fight set up to spark the Conor fandom of casuals and looking at the shiny new profiles from the people making the most mcgregor noise on here I see it’s working wonders. @GangGangGang I’m speaking to you bud. I would have rather seen Conor take a fight against Kevin Lee at LW for his return fight. Not because of his rank but because of his similarities to Khabib (obviously not as good), if Conor can’t fend off Lee’s takedowns or overcome the grappling exchanges why would I think he’d be ready for a LW or WW title fight? He has weaknesses in his game which doesn’t take away from his greatness but Conor “2.0”? I’m faaaar from sold on that narrative.

Back