starfield-ign-sq-1643334195275.jpg

Armored.png

Lies.jpg

Pikmin_icon_4.jpg

Lethal-Company-1-1.jpg

likeadragongaidendemo.jpg

Last edited:
What are the voting criteria, TS?

If it’s everyone’s personal top 1 (or 3 or 5) of 2023, a poll won’t capture that without option bloat. We can run something separate in that case as planned.

If it’s blockbusters only and from a more clinically technical and narrative evaluation, I think this works. Just touching base with you on scope.

There have been some great indy hits that are not represented in the aforementioned list. Slay the Princess is my pic for GOTY

What are the voting criteria, TS?

If it’s everyone’s personal top 1 (or 3 or 5) of 2023, a poll won’t capture that without option bloat. We can run something separate in that case as planned.

If it’s blockbusters only and from a more clinically technical and narrative evaluation, I think this works. Just touching base with you on scope.

Yeah pretty much the most well known games of the year I suppose. But anyone can name a game that's not on the poll. I'll just add it or I'll add (other - specify).

Out of that list this is what I played and what order I would put them in.

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Tears of the Kingdom
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Dead Space
5. Starfield

I also played Forza Motorsport and I'd put it smack in the middle with RE4. I entered this year assuming Zelda or Starfield would be my GOTY, both were disappointments to a certain degree, but Starfield was just flat out bad.

Last edited:
Just going off of what I enjoyed the most this year, not necessarily what was the best. I haven't spent a ton of time on BG3 so I can't really give it my vote. Blasphemous II was up there for me as well.

I would probably go (based off of what I played):

1.) CP2077 PL - This entire package is fantastic. Is this game, in it's current state even without the expansion, was released at launch, it would be considered an all time title. I urge people to give this game a shot and take it in, delving into the world CDPR has created. I've gone back to it just like I did Witcher 3. It deserves your time.

2.) RE4 Remake
3.) Dead Space Remake

Hey, I'm sucker for nostalgia, survival horror and pantheon level titles getting best in class remakes. These are both exceptional games. I loved them when I was younger. I love them now.

4.) Blasphemous II: I love a challenge. I love a side scroller. Metroidvania titles are my thing. The soundtrack is great. It's creative. I had a ton of fun with it.

5.) Diablo IV.

I'm sure when I'm more than ten hours into BG3, it'll knock Diablo off the list and I'll get to AWII when one got time next year and it's on sale, but I just don't have a ton of time to game nowadays.

Last edited:
I have three opinions for what GOTY should be -

Baldur's Gate 3 - I have the physical XBox release preordered at Gamestop, so I haven't played it myself but I absolutely respect the opinion its GOTY due to its universal praise. I expect it will be my 2023 GOTY after I play it next year.

As for the games I have played, these are the 2 options.

CP2077-PL : After the 2.0 Update + Phantom Liberty expansion this finally is what the 2018 demo promised it would be at release, but the wait was absolutely worth it. GOAT FPS/RPG by a very wide margin.

Dead Space : This isn't only the GOAT remake, its not only the GOAT horror game, its the GOAT horror experience/narrative ever... and thats compared to the best horror novels & movies.

I'm very torn between these two as which one is 'better.'

RE4 Remake for me. It took a classic and improved upon it in every way. I couldn’t get enough of it as evidenced by my nearly 150 hours lol. I’ll be doing a VR play through soon as well.

Shoutout to Armored Core 6 and Spider-Man 2 as well.

Back