***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

Lol are you high?

Not even one shooter? he had Ray Allen, who for that time was the best shooter in the league ffs. On a team with Wade and Bosch, that's as stacked as it gets for that period.

Kyrie has always been a solid shooter, Lebron has had plenty of others too. The shooters from past teams only seem average because they're compared to today, because shooting went insane the last few years.

Kevin Love and Kyrie were elite for that time (nba is better now). The role players they had fit really well at the Cavs.

You're actually arguing that he hasn't had enough help?
You fell into his trap. No matter what you say and how right you are, he will just spin it and not admit to anything. Anyone with a brain knows no one superstar can win it without other all star caliber players anymore. Dirk was the last true player to do it without one and since then, it hasn’t happened again. Lebron is an all time great but he isn’t any different, he couldn’t do it alone either and has had the most help out of any player over the last 10+ years because he constructs these teams how he wants them.

LMAO, no teams benefited from the blockbuster trades:

- CanPee3 and Warios eliminated
- Ayton in a can team. Plus he’s in Porkland lol
- Dame Time going to be bounced once again in 1st round with the Cucks
- Beal and the Sons will be bounced against KAT

LMAO, no teams benefited from the blockbuster trades:

- CanPee3 and Warios eliminated
- Ayton in a can team. Plus he’s in Porkland lol
- Dame Time going to be bounced once again in 1st round with the Cucks
- Beal and the Sons will be bounced against KAT
Mavs….alrhough they weren’t blockbusters

If LeBron had an organization that drafted any amount of comparable talent he'd have like 9 rings lol

Imagine LeBron with a legit shooter in their prime while he was with the Cavs or the cHeat

LeBron didn't even have another player as good as Gaymond with the Cavs for crying out loud. Hell, Iggy was probably better than any of the cans on those Cavs teams.
Lebron will never know who you are, no matter how many accounts you go through, or how much hate you got for curry

The West is an anomaly. First time in history a conference has had 10 teams at least 10 games over .500.

Are you certain of that? Not saying you're wrong but the West has had a LOT of great years since the 90s where everyones fawning about how amazing the conference is. That doesn't sound right.

10 games over .500 is 46-36. West has never had 10 of those teams before?

I think it's more common now for more roster changes as teams have "windows" approach more. I think it's probably harder to have a dynasty these days than prior eras for that reason. So gotta tAke hat off for what Golden State did.

Anyhow, having heavy book ends of good teams and really bad teams I think is more common now, and skinny middles. I am going on a hunch, would be nice if someone looked into it.

You fell into his trap. No matter what you say and how right you are, he will just spin it and not admit to anything. Anyone with a brain knows no one superstar can win it without other all star caliber players anymore. Dirk was the last true player to do it without one and since then, it hasn’t happened again. Lebron is an all time great but he isn’t any different, he couldn’t do it alone either and has had the most help out of any player over the last 10+ years because he constructs these teams how he wants them.

Dirk winning with no all stars is revisionism. The 11 Mavs were stacked with older all stars. The reason they were underdogs is they had lost in the first round 4 years in a row at the time I think. They were good on paper but at that point people didn't trust the paper. In short they were the Clippers. They were a superteam you just assumed was going to implode cause thats what they did.

Are you certain of that? Not saying you're wrong but the West has had a LOT of great years since the 90s where everyones fawning about how amazing the conference is. That doesn't sound right.

10 games over .500 is 46-36. West has never had 10 of those teams before?

I dunno, I saw a graphic for it yesterday on Twitter. It said it was an NBA first, for either conference. I honestly don't remember a 10th seed having near 50 wins, seems pretty crazy actually.

EDIT: I looked in the 2000's before I got tired of it and stopped looking, I found no examples of a conference with 10 teams 10 games over .500. One of the craziest seasons I saw was 2012 when the #1 seed in the league didn't have 46 wins, how is that for crazy.

Here is a link to year by year standings. https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/standings.fcgi

Last edited:
Dirk winning with no all stars is revisionism. The 11 Mavs were stacked with older all stars. The reason they were underdogs is they had lost in the first round 4 years in a row at the time I think. They were good on paper but at that point people didn't trust the paper. In short they were the Clippers. They were a superteam you just assumed was going to implode cause thats what they did.

Its not revisionism, when you say no all stars it means for that season. The reason there were no all stars on that team in 2011 is those "older all stars" were no longer all star level.

Its not revisionism, when you say no all stars it means for that season. The reason there were no all stars on that team in 2011 is those "older all stars" were no longer all star level.

Thats not how I interpret the phrase. There are not many all stars and all star caliber players don't make the team various years for various reasons. I feel you're really talking about other "superstars" players who make the all star team almost every single year. I'm talking more about 3rd players in a big 3.

And they weren't "older all stars". They were older all stars. They made all star teams and they were older.

Its revisonism because the way that team is viewed now is not the view it was viewed in that era. Even if it was correct revisonism it is still revisonism.

I dunno, I saw a graphic for it yesterday on Twitter. It said it was an NBA first, for either conference. I honestly don't remember a 10th seed having near 50 wins, seems pretty crazy actually.

I doubt they would lie but this might be one where theres been 9 having 46 wins a bunch of times and the 10th seed had 44 or 45. If this is the best WC ever its by a hair.

Thats not how I interpret the phrase. There are not many all stars and all star caliber players don't make the team various years for various reasons. I feel you're really talking about other "superstars" players who make the all star team almost every single year. I'm talking more about 3rd players in a big 3.

And they weren't "older all stars". They were older all stars. They made all star teams and they were older.

Its revisonism because the way that team is viewed now is not the view it was viewed in that era. Even if it was correct revisonism it is still revisonism.

I doubt they would lie but this might be one where theres been 9 having 46 wins a bunch of times and the 10th seed had 44 or 45. If this is the best WC ever its by a hair.

Its like saying Klay is an all star, he isn't. He's old and broken down. You can't say a team had a guy who was an all star at some point in his career so now that counts as having all star help.

As far as the team records, I found 1 season that had 9, one. In fact, most seasons the 10th seed had a win total in the 30's and some seasons both conferences 10th seed had win totals in the 20's. In 2012 apparently the shit was thick because the #1 seed in the league didn't have 46 wins. EDIT: The 2012 season only played a total of 60 games, just noticed that while looking through again.

Its like saying Klay is an all star, he isn't. He's old and broken down. You can't say a team had a guy who was an all star at some point in his career so now that counts as having all star help.

As far as the team records, I found 1 season that had 9, one. In fact, most seasons the 10th seed had a win total in the 30's and some seasons both conferences 10th seed had win totals in the 20's. In 2012 apparently the shit was thick because the #1 seed in the league didn't have 46 wins.

Even if you were correct Dirk had like 4 or 5 of those guys on that roster. Also what about guys in their prime who weren't all stars that year for whatever reason? Like Tyson Chandler who was also on that team. LeBrons 2013 Heat IMO were the most stacked team top to bottom in NBA history but the 2011 Heat? They had some serious depth problems.

Ok interesting. I just remember the West shattering these short of records every other year for like the last 20 years. I don't remember what the records were though just they were similar.

If you want to win at the top level, you have to do what it takes.

Just ask Lebron, he had three superteams purpose built for him. Can't even count how many restructures those teams had, just to suite him.

Curry built a team and a culture from the ground up that won 2 chips without recruiting top stars.
A 73 win team had to bring in the 2nd best player after they choked away a finals 3-1 in order to beat Lebron. Both Durant and Corey knew on the a level playing field that they could never compete against him.

Fuck the Warriors. First title was LeBron and Matthew Dellavedova vs Steph/Klay/Draymond, who won 73 games the next year..and lost against the same team "when healthy', and needed to add Durant...the reigning MVP to win two more. Full disclosure, against the Celtics it was 100% legit..but aside from the Durant years they're nothing special. They honestly should have one championship. However now, we're forever forced to see Steve Kerr as an "all time great " coach, and Draymond as a hall of famer.
I’d even put an asterisk on the last title. Faced the nuggets without Murray and MPJ then the grizz without Morant. Never seen a team benefit from injuries more than the Warios.

Curry vs LeCan in the playoffs: 17-11 Curry.

<{you!}>

After having the best team in the East and choking year after year as heavy favorites, LeCan needed to jump ship and get carried by Wade, Bosh, and Allen.

Back