3 min round gettin ready for fight

patferrari

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

im the one with the mullet and other guy is fighting as well nov 18th for calvin kattars promotion.

ill be fighting kickboxing and hell be fighting mma.

advice and etc, im all ears

I noticed two things off the bat.

When the other guy comes in with combinations, you just stand there most of the time, which seems like it's when you mostly get hit. Step back to create distance, or step forward to smother him. Or lean back and counter. I did see some nice slips though.

This is a common thing with less experienced fighters but you have a defense phase and offense phase. You let the guy attack you, and then it's your turn to attack.
Don't give him that initiative. You just let him attack you. Pop a jab as he comes in, lean back/slip/catch and shoot, do something to not make it easy for him to throw combinations.
Better yet, since this is a kickboxing match, throw teeps to keep him at bay.

Throw something back as soon as he lands something. He lands a low kick, immediately throw a low kick back for example.

I also noticed you would land low kicks and he would just take it without checking them or countering. Learn to take note of your opponents reactions. If he's not reacting to getting hit with low kicks, keep blasting him with them. If he does react, use that to set up something else up.

I noticed two things off the bat.

When the other guy comes in with combinations, you just stand there most of the time, which seems like it's when you mostly get hit. Step back to create distance, or step forward to smother him. Or lean back and counter. I did see some nice slips though.

This is a common thing with less experienced fighters but you have a defense phase and offense phase. You let the guy attack you, and then it's your turn to attack.
Don't give him that initiative. You just let him attack you. Pop a jab as he comes in, lean back/slip/catch and shoot, do something to not make it easy for him to throw combinations.
Better yet, since this is a kickboxing match, throw teeps to keep him at bay.

Throw something back as soon as he lands something. He lands a low kick, immediately throw a low kick back for example.

I also noticed you would land low kicks and he would just take it without checking them or countering. Learn to take note of your opponents reactions. If he's not reacting to getting hit with low kicks, keep blasting him with them. If he does react, use that to set up something else up.

I appreciate that very much thats actually great advice and things i can apply!!! Thank you for those

Yup he’s right just keep faking the hands and chopping the legs till he’s forced to do something about it, then switch tactics when he adjusts.
Will do!! More faints and keep the jab in his face

guess its a cardio thing at that point as well, my jabs are really good but hard to keep safe spamming jabs non stop haha, so need to get my cardio better!!

before people point out weight loss im working on it, i was 430 pounds april 2022 currently 235-240 goal is too get around 215-220

Your hands are frequently dropping or you are holding them very far from your face while throwing leg techniques, using head movement, combination punching, etc. I think keeping things a bit tighter in those moments will prevent you from getting caught with counter shots

Your hands are frequently dropping or you are holding them very far from your face while throwing leg techniques, using head movement, combination punching, etc. I think keeping things a bit tighter in those moments will prevent you from getting caught with counter shots
You are absolutely right on those calls! Thank you! Will work on that.

You can't let people back you up too much. You have to hit them with a stiff right to make them fuck off, or clinch them. Especially if they are shorter, just put that weight on them every time they get close enough to hit you.

What is your striking experience? How much years? I wouldn't take a fight til you're in better shape. Or have at least 1 year of training

Last edited:
Reminds me of Rico Verhoven with shades of Mark Hunt
Yeah thats exactly what we are seeing here o_O The embodiment of a tall and athletic Rico Verhoeven with his powerful jab , tight defense und low kicks together with Mark Hunts uncanny ability to read the oponnent, stay in the pocket avoiding punches while going for the counter. How could I miss that. Okeydokey.

Edit: not meant to make fun of the TS just that the comparison has well not much resemblance with reality

Last edited:
What is your striking experience? How much years? I wouldn't take a fight til you're in better shape. Or have at least 1 year of training
i been trainiing since 11 years old. im in great shape considering i was 430 pounds and 235 currently lol

i been trainiing since 11 years old. im in great shape considering i was 430 pounds and 235 currently lol

Training striking only since 11 or like wrestling and MMA? You have ways to go I would keep losing weight and trying to better your technique before competing. Striking isn't like grappling where you can be good enough to compete after only a couple months. Maybe try a semi contact point kickboxing match if you really want to compete but not full contact you'll get hurt

Last edited:
Training striking only since 11 or like wrestling and MMA? You have ways to go I would keep losing weight and trying to better your technique before competing. Striking isn't like grappling where you can be good enough to compete after only a couple months. Maybe try a semi contact point kickboxing match if you really want to compete but not full contact you'll get hurt
Lol idk if your trolling or not, i already have taken a fight lol. No ones getting hurt, i have my purple belt but prefer to strike

Yeah thats exactly what we are seeing here o_O The embodiment of a tall and athletic Rico Verhoeven with his powerful jab , tight defense und low kicks together with Mark Hunts uncanny ability to read the oponnent, stay in the pocket avoiding punches while going for the counter. How could I miss that. Okeydokey.

Edit: not meant to make fun of the TS just that the comparison has well not much resemblance with reality
To my defense my jabs are rlly strong cause im left lol but im with you lol

To my defense my jabs are rlly strong cause im left lol but im with you lol
My comment wasnt meant to talk down on you. So hope thats clear. I just found the omparison esp. with Verhoeven very strange.

My comment wasnt meant to talk down on you. So hope thats clear. I just found the omparison esp. with Verhoeven very strange.
No I know, im actually agreeing with you haha. Non taken boss man!! Was just fucking around. My jabs are preety sharp though ill stick by that and rob font has complemented my jab haha

Disagree mostly. He looks better than a lot of amateurs who fight regularly if he feels he's ready to fight then he's ready to fight. Composure is the most important thing in an actual bout, skills can get you so far but the ability to remain composed is one of the most important things. At no point in what I just watched did he look flustered or worried, he stayed composed and didn't fall apart. If I was his coach I wouldn't be worried about making a match up for him. I also disagree about the striking isn't like grappling, I know many people who took fights after only a few months of training and are pros now. You don't learn to swim without jumping in.

Disagree mostly. He looks better than a lot of amateurs who fight regularly if he feels he's ready to fight then he's ready to fight. Composure is the most important thing in an actual bout, skills can get you so far but the ability to remain composed is one of the most important things. At no point in what I just watched did he look flustered or worried, he stayed composed and didn't fall apart. If I was his coach I wouldn't be worried about making a match up for him. I also disagree about the striking isn't like grappling, I know many people who took fights after only a few months of training and are pros now. You don't learn to swim without jumping in.

thank you i appreciate that honest answer. i dont think he was being genuine with his reply. i been training preety heavy since i was 9 years old with the same coach. my weight issues got in the way because of life but thats no excuse and im grinding everyday still trying to get down to around 215-220. woke up at 233.5 this morning. i dont feel nervous or lose composure at all when in any situation. i have sparred lots of guys with SKILLS, like rob font, yorgan de castro etc and have been able to hold my own given the circumstances... i lost my fight at my heaviest at like 350 to a UD 29-28 to a hometown local guy that i think if it was in mass i would have won lol. but im a fucking animal and only getting better and need to show what im actually capable off.

his username is WolverReem so if thats the real Cody Stevens i would understand the salty comment because he got wrestlefucked by one of our guys Saul Almeida from dragon lair lol.

now i know i hAVE SOOO MUCH TO LEARN AND IMPROVE ON but dont we all?

Back