3 package bombs kill two in last 10 days. Austin - Update: Suspect Exploded

Mark Hunts FIST

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Well this is kind of interesting. In the last 10 days there have been three separate package bombs left on people's doorsteps. First one killed the man (10 days ago), second one killed a teenager (today) third one has injured a 70 year old woman(today).
First two were black families. Unknown race of 70 yr old.

We do have Sxsw going on right now, so maybe some out-of-town crazy?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...y-package-bombs-texas-capital-linked-53689221

woah but when i watched this on netflix they caught the guy

Haven't seen anything in the news.

Well this is kind of interesting. In the last 10 days there have been three separate package bombs left on people's doorsteps. First one killed the man (10 days ago), second one killed a teenager (today) third one has injured a 70 year old woman(today).
First two were black families. Unknown race of 70 yr old.

We do have Sxsw going on right now, so maybe some out-of-town crazy?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...y-package-bombs-texas-capital-linked-53689221
They're saying no record of delivery at USPS, UPS, or FedEx - It sounds like the terrorist is leaving them there personally, so maybe more local.

Hope they catch them and make them pay.

This guy covered it. First I'd heard of it as well

Two today, one more in the last 2 weeks. They're saying the person doing it is just dropping shit off at houses, not sending through mail. Extra nefarious since it's also spring break.

Edit: Third victim was 75 year old hispanic female

Last edited:
There's been three bombs discovered on the coast near me recently. Two near public restrooms, third was near a school I believe.

probably a homegrown terrorist trying out science for the first time after watching black panther

Wow. I haven't heard of this at all. There's something especially frightening about seemingly random violence

I really hope the race thing is just a coincidence and not the driving factor. Rip to those so needlessly killed

Last edited:
I don't feel like there's enough info to speculate just yet.
They'll find the perp.

What really weird about it is that they said (at least for the last victim) that the package blew up as soon as she picked it up outside her house, not when it was opened.

I don't know anything about making bombs but wouldn't that suggest that it was remotely detonated? I mean the unabomber was a genius and even his bombs required the package to be opened to detonate. Which would mean that the person would have to be able to see the house that they dropped the package off at to blow it up at the right time.

That's some serial killer shit.

What really weird about it is that they said (at least for the last victim) that the package blew up as soon as she picked it up. I don't know anything about making bombs but wouldn't that suggest that it was remotely detonated? Which would mean that the person would have to be able to see the house that they dropped the package off at.

Could have easily been set on a spring trigger. Like in the movies where someone steps on a mine but it doesn't go off until he lifts his foot

Could have easily been set on a spring trigger. Like in the movies where someone steps on a mine but it doesn't go off until he lifts his foot

Interesting, like I said don't know much about explosives. Thanks for the info.

What really weird about it is that they said (at least for the last victim) that the package blew up as soon as she picked it up outside her house, not when it was opened.

I don't know anything about making bombs but wouldn't that suggest that it was remotely detonated? I mean the unabomber was a genius and even his bombs required the package to be opened to detonate. Which would mean that the person would have to be able to see the house that they dropped the package off at to blow it up at the right time.

Thinking about it, the first thing that came to mind is a gyroscope. We've got em in our cell phones, but it probably isn't as simple as it sounds

Yes, pressure or spring triggers are definitely possibilities, as those are the most likely. There are lots of possibilities, honestly though. It's a shame when people do terrible things, particularly so needlessly.

Back