3 years ago Rondas comeback fight

I was happy to see it. Ronda was always a bully with an attitude problem. Most overrated fighter in MMA history.

Yes, he is. If you want to split hairs and differentiate between the various types of tko/ko/ktfo finishes, you can have a field day. But when looking at the FW division over the past 10 years, he is irrefutably one of the biggest punchers in the division's history.

When he hit the UFC, he leveled up his punching prowess and became a "striker" more than a "wrestler," just like others (Hendo, Koscheck, Hendricks). Mendes was a reliable decision machine before becoming one of the more formidable strikers in his division- just like Hendo.

6 of his last 7 victories- all of which were in the UFC- have been tko/ko victories. There can be excuses made for every one of them: "Elkins was sloppy." "Guida was beaten up." "Who the fuck is Yaotzen Meza?" "Cody McKenzie... come on."

6 out of 7. 5 in round one. It cant be denied.

He gave current champ Volkanovski a battle on the feet too, dropped him if I remember

no matter what bad things are to be said about ronda, and god knows she may be a horrible person who got her just rewards in the end, considering everything nunes has done since......the fact she hit ronda with a number of clean shots (one nearly took her chin off) and ronda was still standing (don't say the fence stopped her falling as she still had her legs under her) shows she had one hell of a chin haha

Loved it.

Such a disgusting and disrespectful woman.

Glad Nunes embarrassed her.

ROFL @ Chad Mendes doesn't have KO power....The only reason he didn't have a championship career is he has a 66 inch reach. Dude fought 23 times and was always at a reach disadvantage...usually a big one.

In hindsight the skill gap was just too much. A lot of people might not have seen that at the time because Ronda was so dominant before losing the title.

Ronda was like the Royce Gracie to me of early UFC MMA. She was great against the competition she faced until it evolved past her. Instead of focusing on what she was insanely good at she was in a shit camp. With a striking coach that gave her confidence in something she was never very good at. She was probably one of the best pure grapplers in WMMA history... But between a bad coach, movies and all the other media bullshit she was doing she stopped improving and the sport passed her by. It's the same reason why elite fighters who step away and stop evolving tend to be wrecked when they come back. Ken Shamrock was once a great fighter... Did WWE bullshit, came back and was never the same.

Ronda looked great in her fight with Nunes. I'd love to see her fight Nunes again.

But yeah from a fans perceptive it was a dumb move to make. She was headkicked by Holly and took a semi long break in between this fight. My only theory is either it was do or die for her career, where she would move on if she failed or she just wanted one more paycheck.

The funniest part of it all was her silent treatment towards the media and fans. Ronda probably thought it was cleaver to ignore the media like she was punishing them. Quite the opposite reaction IMO. In the long run it probably hurt her rather than help her future WWE career.

The sad part is she basically took a huge steaming pile of brown dump on her pre WWE fans and some of them still love her for it.

Love her or hate her that's Ronda Rousey for you.

Last edited:
Why anyone thought rushing Ronda into a match with Nunes still blows my mind.

because she was a once in eva fighter, and this was just a warm up before she went on a tear through the mens division. Herb ruined her legacy with this early stoppage.

And what does this have to do with Amanda nunes? Chad fights nothing like Amanda. Kind of weird to pick chad name into all this in the first place.
he didn't say they fight alike, he said nunes punches like/as hard as mendes. (obviously she doesn't but she can definitely crack)

you seem a bit slow there buddy.

Ronda vs Nunes was one of the easiest fights ive ever had to predict. I knew Ronda had no chance and would retire after, I even said it.

I was surprised by how many people picked Ronda and how she was the favorite.

i dont understand your line of thought at all. the ufc needs gsp, gsp does not need the ufc. gsp will not be "fucked", hes a millionaire goat and any org will jump at signing him first chance they get.

Ronda will be retired by years end after losing to nunes and conor could retire at any time, and has already threatened too.

just because they have like 2-3 stars doesnt mean they dont need gsp. they need gsp badly to bring back the canadian market.

ultimately the ufc is just hurting themselves by not giving gsp a good contract.

ill laugh my ass off if they lose him to bellator but i dont see that happening.

tumblr_oj1csvYJLN1r7vh24o2_r1_400.gifv

hi-res-c2f5f0d8f204a16e9d7d6a980a0e5da0_crop_north.jpg

giphy.gif

he didn't say they fight alike, he said nunes punches like/as hard as mendes. (obviously she doesn't but she can definitely crack)

you seem a bit slow there buddy.
Nunes put people on their face does chad does that? No. You gonna call someone slow dumbass

Back