30 Days Sober

I got 14 days now. Which other than rehab earlier this year is the longest ive gone in 15 years. Feels great.

Gotta remember how fucking terrible, lazy, depressed, and sick you felt all the time when you get that craving.

you are doing great

I am doing a voucher system. I'm sober 265 days a year. I've got 50 vouchers for 1-3 drinks, 25 for 4-9 and 25 for 9+. Keeps me accountable and I think will help curve my overall alcohol consumption.

I would have 3 drinks and say fuck the voucher system.

Good for you bro. Might not seem right to ingest another substance...... but yiu especially you should do shrooms. I was in the same boat and that shit cleared my head. Never looked back. Started my love of mushrooms. Oh and go identify those milk caps I posted in your thread!

That’s good man. I’m thinking it’s time to put the bottle down again for while for me too. I had stopped for a few months before the pandemic but I’ve been drinking a lot since it started. I know it’s been making me feel tired and shit.

tenor.gif

of all the times to go sober, you chose the covid lockdown?

5 hours for me. Just called in sick.

Grats boys!

I wanna go sober I make it about a week then drink every Thursday or Friday ... I do the same with cigs I quit for a week then smoke when I drink ... I drink out of boredom but the cigs are legit hard to give up... want one so bad haven’t smoked since last Thursday .. so six days .. was smoking about 12 a day so down to like a pack once a week on drinking night ... saving like 45 bucks a week but wanna quit for good at some point

Weed gives me horrible anxiety now or I'd definitely be smoking. I can't drink though, there's no "in moderation" with me. After the first sip it's drink until I black out.
Same I wish I could just have one or two a night

Dude the most amazing shit.. since I've quit drinking, weed doesn't give me anxiety anymore. No bullshit I've been smoking for 3 days fine.
Maybe I should pick up weed . I tried to vape once to quit but it doesn’t give u that feeling in ur chest cigs five u ... like it was missing the sensation

This is the first time I've been sober more than a week since 2002. This is new territory for me. Don't know what it's like to be a sober adult.

I used to think to myself, if I was sober then wtf else would I be doing? Couldn't imagine not being fucked up all the time. Didn't understand how people did it at all. But I'm really enjoying it. It's almost like a whole new type of drug.

Anyone else trying to do the sober thing

yup. you said it exactly right. for someone who is always, "on something", being completely sober can at first feel like another type of drug. it does feel good to be sober. you're super focused, and on top of everything. but at least for me, being totally sober becomes boring after a while, and i feel the need to alter my mind from time to time. getting high, having a few drinks, is never a problem. just have to keep it within limits.

I wanna go sober I make it about a week then drink every Thursday or Friday ... I do the same with cigs I quit for a week then smoke when I drink ... I drink out of boredom but the cigs are legit hard to give up... want one so bad haven’t smoked since last Thursday .. so six days .. was smoking about 12 a day so down to like a pack once a week on drinking night ... saving like 45 bucks a week but wanna quit for good at some point
I was the same way for a long time and it was 100% because of the people I worked with and hung around. I got a job where no one smoked and was able to finally quit.

Back