3D printed Gun restrictions lifted per DOJ ruling.

1. Aren't you in effect doing just that? Because guns constructed out of 80% receivers seem to skirt many gun control laws.

2. What in particular do you dislike about the NFA? I'm not entirely familiar with that law.

1. You have always been able to construct your own firearm. Also I could buy a gun from a friend legally as well. Not much different, not registered or tied to my name in any way.

2. Suppresors should be legal and they have other stupid rules.

NFA item
Q-TP-HoneyBadger-SBR-Right_1024x1024.jpg

Not an NFA item
HB-BRACE-RIGHT-CLOSED_1024x1024.jpg

1. You have always been able to construct your own firearm. Also I could buy a gun from a friend legally as well. Not much different, not registered or tied to my name in any way.

NFA item

Not an NFA item
Honey Badger don't curr.

NFA item

Not an NFA item
Yes, I have several guns I received from a family member that can not be tied to me.

As far as the photo goes, I notice that the magazine size is different. I have no strong position on magazine size, but it is focus of people who want stricter gun control laws. Juxtaposing these two photos to demonstrate the the difference between the two is almost indistinguishable thus doesn't work in this case. The difference is important enough that NRA-type folks will go to the mat for it.

Yes, I have several guns I received from a family member that can not be tied to me.

As far as the photo goes, I notice that the magazine size is different. I have no strong position on magazine size, but it is focus of people who want stricter gun control laws. Juxtaposing these two photos to demonstrate the the difference between the two is almost indistinguishable thus doesn't work in this case. The difference is important enough that NRA-type folks will go to the mat for it.
The magazine has nothing to do with the NFA. It all has to do with the stock/brace.

Check that photo I dropped on the last page.

DSC00221_zps7idcg8k4.jpg

Top gun is non-NFA. Bottom 2 are... tell me the damn difference.

https://www.wired.com/story/a-landmark-legal-shift-opens-pandoras-box-for-diy-guns/

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/07/11/justice-department-ruling-legalises-3d-gun-printing/

Cody Wilson of Defense Distributed has won his case allowing him to freely disseminate information on how to 3D print the "Liberator" pistol.

In 2015 he was forced to remove the files from his website because the government alleged that this was a form of arms exportation.

Cody Wilson made an appeal on First Amendment grounds, and just won.

Another win for liberty, and the good guys!

What say you Sherdog? For those who believe that the spread of this information is somehow a negative, you need to actually demonstrate why the spread of this information would be a negative. The general availability of arms and ammunition being considered a negative will not be taken as a given. Private firearm ownership has increased in this country, all while violent crime rates have dropped. If you oppose the dissemination of this information, you're going to have to have a better reason than just "guns=bad".
Have a good friend of who works at DD, Cody is kind of a right wing anarchist a la Ernst Junger, interesting fellow.

Has nothing to do with the magazine. It's the stock. One is a stock and one is a brace. One is considered a short barrel rifle, the other is a "pistol".

Brace
72E89F78-DBA3-42E4-A4F2-66C29A18E6DE.jpeg

Stock
Honey-Badger-300BLK-5.jpg

Here's a better example

"Short barrel rifle" nfa item
TAK01B-with-gun.jpg

"Pistol" not a nfa item
Haus-of-Guns-AR-Pistol.jpg

Has nothing to do with the magazine. It's the stock. One is a stock and one is a brace. One is considered a short barrel rifle, the other is a "pistol".

Brace
72E89F78-DBA3-42E4-A4F2-66C29A18E6DE.jpeg

Stock
Honey-Badger-300BLK-5.jpg

Here's a better example

"Short barrel rifle" nfa item
TAK01B-with-gun.jpg

"Pistol" not a nfa item
Haus-of-Guns-AR-Pistol.jpg
Lol? So I'm shown a picture of two similar guns and correctly note a difference between the two and now I get photobombed by everyone. I think the guy who juxtaposed the two guns I differentiated made a poor choice given that a key distinction between the two (and a very relevant distinction from a gun control standpoint) is irrelevant to his point.

If you're going to play this game, play it better. I have no strong opinion on the NFA, but playing spot the difference with guns and then having the goalposts moved when I spot a difference is tiresome.

Lol? So I'm shown a picture of two similar guns and correctly note a difference between the two and now I get photobombed by everyone. I think the guy who juxtaposed the two guns I differentiated made a poor choice given that a key distinction between the two (and a very relevant distinction from a gun control standpoint) is irrelevant to his point.

If you're going to play this game, play it better. I have no strong opinion on the NFA, but playing spot the difference with guns and then having the goalposts moved when I spot a difference is tiresome.
That's kinda the point. The NFA is completely arbitrary in what falls under it's review.

The reason we play "spot the difference" is most people couldn't tell you the difference between an NFA SBR or an AR-pistol on first glance. The goalposts literally were not moved because the NFA/BATF put the field goal posts on a fucking baseball diamond.

Another example.. THIS is not an NFA item:
23322.jpg

However, THIS is:
07D95464-D39F-4392-976F-4222448ACADD.jpg

The SBR vs AR Pistol images are used to prove how fucking ridonculus the NFA is and how arbitrary and dumb it is as well.

Also, the idea that suppressors make guns silent is asinine too:

Yeah, it's quieter but it literally only takes it from just about deafening to still loud but don't really need hearing protection unless you're running a specialized sub-sonic round designed to be shot out of a suppressor which is expensive.

EDIT:
You going straight to the magazine kinda proves the point that gun owners have about the NFA. To non-gun people they don't know what it falls under and even some gun people don't either.

You spotted A difference but not THE difference the NFA uses to make distinctions in firearms. To add even more to the clusterfuck... any barrel under 16" on a rifle or a certain overall length of the firearm as a whole is considered an NFA item.. but it ISN'T an NFA item if you drop a 14.5" barrel on the AR and then pin/weld (basically permanently affix) a muzzle device to the barrel that takes it over the 16". Which basically means you can use any muzzle device but the A2 stock birdcage.

What are you talking about? I didn't tell you to spot the difference. I literally posted that one was nfa and other was not. The point is that they are almost indistinguishable and functionally the exact same thing. Same caliber, same capacity, same function, same rate of fire, can be held and fired the same. I was pointing out that imo nfa sbr laws are stupid. Magazines aren't nfa related either.

One just has a stock, the other a brace. The one with a brace I can buy and walk out of a store in 5 minutes with it. The one with the stock I have to ATF Form 4, CLEO Form 4, for the atf copy provide 2 passport photos, 2 finger print cards, $200 check to the atf, more extensive background check and the wait time is like 9 months for this to get approved.

What are you talking about? I didn't tell you to spot the difference. I literally posted that one was nfa and other was not. The point is that they are almost indistinguishable and functionally the exact same thing. Same caliber, same capacity, same function, same rate of fire, can be held and fired the same. I was pointing out that imo nfa sbr laws are stupid. Magazines aren't nfa related either.

One just has a stock, the other a brace. The one with a brace I can buy and walk out of a store in 5 minutes with it. The one with the stock I have to ATF Form 4, CLEO Form 4, for the atf copy provide 2 passport photos, 2 finger print cards, $200 check to the atf, more extensive background check and the wait time is like 9 months for this to get approved.
Add to that SBR's as a whole are at least another $300 more even if it's the same fucking gun like the Honey Badger is.

Don't forget about 80% finished guns you can buy without background checks or registration. Just have to CNC the last 20%. AR ghost guns!

Edit..... Beat to it big time. My bad

OK, this is huge.

Cliffs:
--You can now print your own guns up to a .50 caliber
--Semi-autos like the AR-15 included
--Liberal states who banned these weapons may face legal consequences

cody_wilson.jpeg

In 2013, hot-shot crypto-anarchist Cody Wilson warned the world that downloadable guns were imminent and gun control as we know it, a mere fantasy. Some five years later, fresh off a huge effective win against the State Department — which allows for Wilson to post his 3D-printable gun files online, "communist style," as he calls it — Wilson says gun control is officially dead. And he killed her.

"I barely put a million bucks into this and I got you the Second Amendment forever," he boasted to The Daily Wire in a phone interview. "What has the NRA done for you lately?"

Due to the terms of the surprising settlement of the United States government, Wilson can begin posting his open-source technical data, including files for every gun up to .50 caliber available through commerce, on July 27. An irrevocable content dump, according to Wilson, which renders gun control efforts increasingly futile....

One thing is clear, the Second Amendment and the global right to self-defense is more enshrined today than it was mere months ago because of Wilson’s radical, and perhaps irrational, dedication.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/3287...tm_content=071118-news&utm_campaign=position2

lol ‘printing’ out a gun isn’t something you can just casually do. There’s more to it than the phrase implies.

Neat article tho.

I see we have a new fog bank rolling in. All sherbros and shergals put your rebreathers pronto we have a strange fog bank rolling in and we don't k now whats coming with it. I feel like these rules need to be revised and looked over. But then again it is going to happen. I can see these as good and bad.

The Ghost Gunner one is a mill. But you can get 3D printers that will print gun parts in plastic. I don't think there are any affordable metal 3D printers at this time.
Indeed, and sweet:
Ghost-Gunner-2-660x353.jpg

The gun grabbers should take solace in the fact that guns save far more lives each year than they take.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back