401K could reach 1 million this year?

Nope. But thanks for making me feel poor.

Are you able to do mega backdoor roth? That's a lot to invest year after year!
No, don't have that option. Wife and I both have access to 401a's and 457's, so we can put in around $150k pre-tax dollars each year. I do a regular backdoor roth ira for both of us. It's only $12k a year, but a little tax-free money in retirement is better than none I guess.

Thinly veiled bragging thread. I'm not doing poorly either, but to those in more dire financial straits: this thread is biased toward those doing well, as they're more likely to post.

i'll be there in 8 years if the markets hold steady. the good thing is i'm in no rush to retire; so i have maybe 20 years of work left in me. the good thing for me is a civil service employee with 20 years in, so by the time i retire, i'll have a pension to hold me over in retirement, in addition to my 401k.

Thats great TS.

FYI. Any one on sherdog can be a millionaire if they start putting 10-15 percent of their pay check into a retirement account when theyre in their 20's that mirrors the S&P 500.

Mathematically Ill be in a millionaire by 50. And I'm an idiot.

What's the point when the Yellowstone Supervolcano is set to erupt within the next 5 years?

The rich need to be humbled.

Communism would solve this inequality my friend.
How many on your ignore/block list these days, Are u up to 30 yet?
Please add me.

Last edited:
No, don't have that option. Wife and I both have access to 401a's and 457's, so we can put in around $150k pre-tax dollars each year. I do a regular backdoor roth ira for both of us. It's only $12k a year, but a little tax-free money in retirement is better than none I guess.
How do you get around the maximum contribution caps?

Both portfolios (retirement & 2nd) doing well in this market.
Business is holding up & have investment properties & rentals (a couple of which share with siblings) that took a bit of a hit during covid, but back on track.

I should be allright for a comfy retirement when it’s time.

This scrub is barely in the 2 comma club and we let him in? What is happening to sherdog? Is he even 6'4"?

Two older guys I work with are technically millionaires and still keep working just cause they got bored after like 1 month of retirement

I'm only 29 and no where close

They aren’t just bored. Their wives probably drive them up the wall.

It's kinda silly to include your personal residence in your net worth if this is gonna be a humble brag thread.
It's not an investment that you can liquidate. Where you gonna live if you did?

If yo

If you have that much pre-tax income, above and beyond your living costs, you should look into real estate, specifically limited partnerships/ syndications on larger investments with accelerated depreciation. Can create paper losses that wipe out a large income along with better then market rate returns. No need then to defer taxes

Back