Law 5 Oklahoma officers charged in shooting of armed robbery suspect

I agree it is stressful as shit to be ordered by police to do anything let alone with guns pointed at you. I think he was trying to surrender and made a fatal error. He should have left the gun in the store and kept his hands visible. Everyone knows that, but stress is a motherfucker-and that goes for both sides.

But your “fine, upstanding officers” sarcastic comment makes assumptions that we do not know. Personally, I am guessing that the officer with the less lethal round fired and it triggered others to fire because they believed that officer saw a threat the others did not. But don’t assume these officers were dirty or anything because they shot a kid that just robbed a convenient store with a gun.
If someone fired a less than lethal round it likely set off a chain of sympathy fire. This goes back to what I said a few pages ago about officers becoming fixated on an offender and losing communication with each other. I have no interest in watching the video but if that’s what happened then they obviously didn’t communicate to the other officers or the offender that they were about to discharge a less than lethal round.

When you are in a situation like that with guns drawn. First off, YOU put yourself in that situation.
Secondly...it is a life/death situation and very important that you listen to the police commands. Do what they tell you to do, exactly.
Third If we charge the police for protecting themselves under threat of deadly force, who is going to want to do this job in the future?

This kid put himself in a life/death situation and fucked up hard. The police have a duty to protect themselves and the public.

You are right, the kid put himself in that situation however the police made mistakes as well. They are not absolved of their mistakes because this kid robbed a store. He gave up his gun and showed his waist so there should have been a longer pause before shooting him. But as I theorized earlier, I think the less lethal officer fired because he was not following orders very well and that triggered the other officers to shoot, which makes this a bad shoot. I don’t agree with charges in this instance, but the absence of charges do not automatically make it a good shoot

If someone fired a less than lethal round it likely set off a chain of sympathy fire. This goes back to what I said a few pages ago about officers becoming fixated on an offender and losing communication with each other. I have no interest in watching the video but if that’s what happened then they obviously didn’t communicate to the other officers or the offender that they were about to discharge a less than lethal round.

No, they didn’t communicate which led to the fuck up. I did not hear the less lethal officer warn anyone. Stress can make things like that happen. Maybe they thought they said it but did not, maybe they reacted when he reached into his pocket and did not feel they had time, but I am pretty sure what happened. The video is not graphic btw

I don’t think this kid was Wyatt Earp
The cops don't have time to wait. They wait 1 second too late and they can be the ones getting shot. They generally give people long enough to comply and in this instance the moment he reaches into his back pocket they have to act, they don't know if he is pulling out a gun or a twinkie.

Genuine questino, when does the act of committing begin and end? He wasn't actively robbing the place when he was shot. He was outside of the place that was robbed surrendering to police custody. Is it legally defined by actions, proximity, or time?
Inquiring minds want to know! Good questions.

Genuine questino, when does the act of committing begin and end? He wasn't actively robbing the place when he was shot. He was outside of the place that was robbed surrendering to police custody. Is it legally defined by actions, proximity, or time?

My guess would be once they secured the suspect.

The cops don't have time to wait. They wait 1 second too late and they can be the ones getting shot. They generally give people long enough to comply and in this instance the moment he reaches into his back pocket they have to act, they don't know if he is pulling out a gun or a twinkie.

Twinkies are dangerous. They will kill you. Very slowly, but surely.

I disagree. Superior numbers, cover for a few that I saw, the fact that he gave up his first gun and showed his waist. Look, I have been in that position quite a few times and if I had taken that shot, it would have been a mistake just like it was in this situation. I don’t think they should be charged, but it was a bad shoot.

did that dude not understand english?

When you are in a situation like that with guns drawn. First off, YOU put yourself in that situation.
Secondly...it is a life/death situation and very important that you listen to the police commands. Do what they tell you to do, exactly.
Third If we charge the police for protecting themselves under threat of deadly force, who is going to want to do this job in the future?
Fourth. Sadly, very few assholes on these boards look at this situation objectively and first they need to identify the race to remove any idea of made up motivations by the police officers. I treat these situations exactly the same regardless of the identity or class of the suspect. A trait very libtards can also claim to have.

This kid put himself in a life/death situation and fucked up hard. The police have a duty to protect themselves and the public.

If he keeps his arms up he is alive. He reached for something. Why? He was told to keep his hands shown, but he reached for something.

did that dude not understand english?
He is White-Mexican who no entiende ingles.

EpJhideW8AIacKn.jpg

Here is his accomplice - Wyatt Cheatham.
Wyatt-Cheatham.jpg

All these people including the cops look like they would be from Oklahoma; all have the Howdie Dowdie look to them.

Look at those two wankers. Shorty wants to be a thug

Bad shooting imo.

Does it concern anyone else that it requires zero degree of higher education to become a police officer? Hell, I’d even be fine if they graduated with a C average. Just as long as they have some understanding of critical thinking.

So I'm too dumb to be a cop, so im not one, but riddle me this. If you can get charged for manslaughter or murder in a case like this, why would you ever risk getting into a confrontation with someone armed?

Does it concern anyone else that it requires zero degree of higher education to become a police officer? Hell, I’d even be fine if they graduated with a C average. Just as long as they have some understanding of critical thinking.
you dont want smart people being cops. You want followers. Smart people question things, like unjust laws and procedures. Followers do what they're told.

I have no problem with this. I can’t shoot someone just because I see their hand go into their pockets, so police shouldn’t be able to either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back