Law 61 year old Texas grandfather wrongly IDed for robbery by AI, gaoled for about a fortnight and gang raped, leaving permanent injuries.

are we certain this is not an AI generated story about AI? are there AI factions?

sorry for this man if this all happens

i'm still skeptical on the gang rape part happening

if true, he deserves more than $10M (tax free)

I was wondering when this story was going to make it here. This happened in Harris County Jail, Houston. I never knew getting raped in county was a thing. 😯

I'll always remember Harris County Jail because of the beginning of this song right here, used to enjoy singing it back in the 90's when we were all hanging out and getting drunk with the homies lol

Sittin in ole Harris County Jail, spending all my little time...

I'll always remember Harris County Jail because of the beginning of this song right here, used to enjoy singing it back in the 90's when we were all hanging out and getting drunk with the homies lol

Bro you just took me all the way back. I would give you all the likes if I could. Growing up in Houston in the 90's...

Are there different jails in Harris County? "He was booked into a maximum security jail."

All big cities and counties have multiple jails with different housing levels and security units, this aint Mayberry, Barney...

All big cities and counties have multiple jails with different housing levels and security units, this aint Mayberry, Barney...
Atlanta/Fulton County only has one jail.

Nevermind, looks like they have three facilities.

Last edited:
Sheesh, $10 million seems a little conservative.
This is the issue with the legal system. The damages seem to outsized for the crime less likely the reward size or longer court case dragged out. 10 million within many major corporations insurance payouts.

If he asked let's say 100 million they will drag out a settlement by fighting it in court. 10 million seem like a quick settlement an will not seek any challenges.

A concerning aspect in this story is the apparent enmeshment of corporate and state actors. Why is the police taking the word of a private company, whose software they're not familiar with, to make prosecutory decisions? Not to mention that a key aspect of AI is that you don't know why or how it reaches a conclusion, it's opaque, you should never take anything it outputs at face value without verifying. It's also strange that the company prepped the employee to point to the victim. It's like they were so convinced he was guilty because their dumb little AI told them that they were ready to corrupt the legal process to make sure he ended up behind bars. The loss prevention guy who pushed this through should be the one behind bars.

61 year old former criminal shit bag gets 10 mil... sounds about right

He had a lengthy record in his 20's, which is probably why he ended up in a maximum security prison.
Still doesn't sound right. 3 dudes who collectively commit to game rape have a known track record

Eh ... what happened to the standard operating procedure here?

They thought he robbed something so he was instanyl jailed with 3 hardened felons capable of committing gang rape?
Reasonable and probable grounds to believe he was the person responsible. Like I said, too much faith in the machines. And lazy police work.

It was on 60 Days In. Also has a pretty bad reputation (an inmate was recently killed by bed bugs).
Man, even the bed bugs are killers. 0/10, would not stay.

Put too much faith in the machines and this is what happens.

Terminator was a warning, not a road map.

The British Post Office scandal is a nasty one.

All right, maybe not AI, but the assumed infallibility of machines and that programming is guaranteed to be watertight really is an issue.

Back