6'7 Travis Browne, 6'7 Alex Volkov and the UFC height fallacy

For sure- and that’s definitely a different situation because you could be tall by everyday standards like Curry but be one of the shortest people on the court in a given game.

My point was more that once you pass a certain threshold of height, people care less about how tall you say you are cause you’re just insanely tall.

So a 5’9 person claiming 6 feet seems ludicrous but a 6’9 person claiming 7 feet far less so even though they’re equally off.
Dude, a lie is a lie.

I bet media producers love people with the mindset you have just shown in your post.

Height plays out more than looks in a fight.

Imagine if it had how handsome they were rated on the tale of the tape.
In the end it doesn't matter how many inches you got on your opponent if you fight shitty as a tall fighter for example, best example Struve

@Wadtucket what do you think is the more prevailing issue in mma height cutting or hairlines?
Fighters trying to do the shaved sides zoomer fade to hide their Norwaad 2.5+ disasters they call hairlines

DJ Tillashaw is a prime offender in this regard

unknown.png

terrible comparison. Watch the weigh in. Arlovski is wearing sneakers and Overeem is barefoot. They are the same height.
Maybe.. Maybe not.. they might be the same height but Reem isnt 6'4 if thats the case unless Andrei is 6'4 and not 6'3. we woulnt have these problems if UFC did their job right from the start.

alistair-overeem-andrei-arlovski-ufc-fight-night-87-pre.jpg
145675743.jpg

They're the same height there. Arlovski just looks talker cause of his hair
Agree too disagree then. Andreis forehead starts where Overeems hair ends. Which shouldnt be the case since Andrei is the one thats "shorter".

Agree too disagree then. Andreis forehead starts where Overeems hair ends. Which shouldnt be the case since Andrei is the one thats "shorter".
Wait Andrei is listed shorter?

They should do height and weight at the same time. People get smaller with age, I would love to see what a persons starting and ending height will be by the end of their career.

images

images

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

Browne is not 6'7. Volkov might be one of the only guys in the UFC who is billed his actual height (Jon Jones is another). He absolutely dwarfed Overeem today. What's funny is Overeem at one stage was billed as 6'5, when he's 6'3 at best.
1230987583.0.jpg

images

Struve is also no 7 footer. He's slouching and leaning a bit here but on a good day is probably 6'10 and a half.

8tkEIZTPgzRn2AOYZtu6Mn_jvB9gjVy0ah90gQn8qXU.jpg

This is struve with a guy who's 7'2. Clearly more than 2 inches here.
Struve looks small next to a sherdogger...its normal

Huh, yeah that's weird. Andrei definitely looks at least as tall as Overeem there if not a tiny bit taller.
Exactly its not much but since hes suppose to be the shorter one its just weird. They should swap their height nunbers if anything.

Exactly its not much but since hes suppose to be the shorter one its just weird. They should swap their height nunbers if anything.

I think they are both 6'4. In the pictures you posted, Reem has a more relaxed posture. Just look at the height of their shoulders and you will notice that if they were both 'standing tall' they'd probably be the same height without considering hair.

Arlovski is definitely not 6'3. His staredown with Browne is very telling too. Tall guy.

Jairzinho on the other hand is not more than 6'1 IMO.

ktHbYkxH5FtDgKMi9eaDctXUWoWCXGO_OrpRsh9tBDU.jpg

Travis must be 6’5” or 6’6” max. Still one big mfer.

Back