• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

860 Raw Squat WR @ 220 video

Only about 550lbs more than me at about the same body weight. In other words, don't blink, I'm coming for that record.

Nice squat but I thought the video was weird. The slow mo made it difficult to appreciate the difficulty.

Only about 550lbs more than me at about the same body weight. In other words, don't blink, I'm coming for that record.

Nice squat but I thought the video was weird. The slow mo made it difficult to appreciate the difficulty.

Same here. I'm hoping to hit 7x bodyweight total next meet. So yep, I'll I need is to add another bodyweight amount to each lift, and I'll be right up there. Wow.

But yeah, I got the impression a freshman film student got a hold of the raw squat footage (no pun intended) and got on a bit of a roll with the effects, editing and sound. It doesn't take away from the achievement, obviously, but it doesn't work for me from a viewer standpoint. I'd rather just watch the lifts.

Wow that is insane how long did you lift to achieve such a level my year end goal is to lift half of what you just did and i thought it was a lofty goal. Congrats on the achievement

Cratos being e-fuct and banned again. This thread has made my day.

index.php

I think Cartos brought a certain level of entertainment to this forum, but maybe that's just me. Awesome squat! The video production was top notch as well.

I'm also curious to know how you maintain training with all of your travels.

Great squat. On a kind of related note, I went to watch a national championship powerlifting meet on Sunday.

I still can't decide whether it's extremely motivating or depressing to see people who are that much stronger than you.

The squat was clearly high.

The amount of nut-hugging here is ridiculous.

Looks fine to me.

Im no world judge or overly experienced meet competitor doe.

a couple inches off parallel, but amazing strength.

That squat is high. According to your sherdog whiteboard:
SQUAT:
I will typically use the 'water test' when judging all squats.
If there was water on your thigh:
1. It rolls toward your hips - good lift.
2. It doesn't roll either way - borderline, but we'll count it.
3. It rolls toward your knees - no lift.

I'm going to stay out of this debate for the simple fact is my philosophy is to not critique people who are way better than me, unless the squat was ridiculously high or something.

But in regards to the whiteboard rules, I am a little against them. I believe you can achieve a good parallel lift and still get disqualified according to that water test. If your quads are huge, for example.

That's why I think kabukis lift is good because when I look at his lift, I try to imagine that I can see his femur, and from the knee to where it attaches to the hip, his femur is parallel to the ground. But it just looks high since his quads bulge out so much.

Back