a new hipster way to enjoy noodles: pho, deconstructed

thats what white people say when they use a fork and spoon to eat pho instead of chopsticks.

my new way is just so much more civilized.

Come over to my house and show me how you eat it you overzealous twit.

Did anyone bother reading your mini dissertation on how to eat pho the civilized way? I just picked up on a couple of your defiant tag words and felt I should say this.

Could this work?

Basically you have a platter of all your elements, and eat out of bowl that is small enough to slurp, not requiring a spoon.

PROS:

-every bite is right temperature, instead of scalding hot at the beginning and then tepid at the end
-You can customize every bite, like adding tons of a particular condiment without adulterating the rest of the broth
-noodles stay Al Dente
-herbs don't wilt as much
-a deconstructed presentation looks prettier
-adds an element of ritual, like a japanese tea ceremony, and allows you to take your time while you eat.

CONS:

-might take up more space?

IMG_9972.jpg

Pho-broth-going-on-noodles.jpg

Go for it. Doubt it will catch on though.

viet girls are cute

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UFDb0e3sJrg/U26j5aq52QI/AAAAAAAAB0g/CooSgOzLlik/s1600/IMG_0072_Fotor_Fotor33.jpg/img][/QUOTE]

derailing ur own thread already?

just admit u got burned by the hot broth eating pho 2day & ull b more careful next time XD

also

[MEDIA=youtube]GSBz5fpttmY[/MEDIA]

mods delete if inappropriate

sounds similar to mazemen - a type of ramen where you get a bowl of cooked noodles, a bowl of strongly flavored sauce, and all the other stuff that comes with ramen. then you mix your bite however you want.

I have never had Pho before.

The broth is very bland compared to ramen. You probably wouldn't like it.
I personally hate the meatball that gets tossed in with the meat.

The broth is very bland compared to ramen. You probably wouldn't like it.
I personally hate the meatball that gets tossed in with the meat.

You're insane. Pho broth is just as tasty, if not more flavorful than ramen broths.

And meatballs? What kind of pho joint are you eating at, bruh?

You're insane. Pho broth is just as tasty, if not more flavorful than ramen broths.

And meatballs? What kind of pho joint are you eating at, bruh?

Pho-Dahn-Beef-Meatball-Pho-1024x768.jpg

See those circle/round shaped things?
They put that in every pho bowl I've ordered at various Vietnamese restaurants.

You would fit in here in Seattle, TS. They would deconstruct re fried beans here, if they could get away with it. Not everything needs to be "civilized" up. Take your mutant pho elsewhere.

Back