A salute to the fighters that have never tasted glory

That Korean dude that looked like a13 year old...Doo Hoy Choi (sp?)?
Edit: Also Leonard Garcia
and of course Artem...King of the Standing Hammer Fist...

Koscheck, he fought in TUF 1, grinded his way to a title shot shocking out rumble johnson in the process only to get the ts and have no fight IQ whatsoever and put himself through 5 rounds of torture, poor guy wasn't even invited to the tuf 1 reunion.

Tony Ferguson
I know he had the interim title but still
His ultimate shot at glory against Khabib was in reach so many times and it never happened

My pigeon salutes the eggplant

Salute to one of my favs Alexi Olienik hes had a fascinating career submitting cro crop , beating Werdum twice and a lot more . Wish i was a fan for longer so i couldve seen more of his fights live .
<RomeroSalute>

Beating Werdum twice? <FookIsThatGuy>

The boa constrictor does have an amazing career, the Ezekiel King really shoecked the world against Cro Cop; we talked about this fight a few days ago in the contenders so I won't write another essay, but I'm real glad he does pretty good in the UFC....

Jeremy Stephens.

This dude has been in the UFC for nearly 14 years and has fought Jose Aldo, Zabit Magomedsharipov, Rafael Dos Anjos, Frankie Edgar, Charles Oliveira, Renan Barao, Cub Swanson, Yair Rodriguez, Calvin Kattar, Anthony Pettis, Donald Cerrone, Max Holloway, Josh Emmett and Gilbert Melendez.

Chris Lytle and Court McGee
It shouldn’t have taken until page 3 for someone to say Lytle.

I’ll say Beneil Dariush. I get the feeling that his ceiling isn’t much higher then where he’s at presently but he’s racking up the bonus awards lately* after a stretch a few years ago where he could have easily been written off.

*Oddly enough not for his spinning backfist knockout because he missed weight.

I mean like real og's that have been in the game forever and have made it to the ufc and just hang around with 500 records. It has to be so hard just to get to the ufc if your name isn't cm punk and when you get there you compete against savages and sometimes all time greats.

I'm saluting Ed Herman. Short fuse has been in the game for 18 years. Dude is 40 still fighting. He will never get a title shot and spent his entire career without that in reach. Tough dude. I appreciate the hard work and sacrifice it takes to get to that level. There's nothing wrong with being an average fighter in the ufc.

Regardless, dude makes the top 10 greatest UFC comebacks eva imo. His last fight was epic, given the referee.

@SCTwins great shout on Chris Lytle mate, loved watching that guy fight.

Good thread TS, I like it.

I salute Brad Pickett. Never quite got there in the UFC but I was always a big fan of his.

Damian Maia deserves props for being extremely one dimensional but constantly in the title hunt for a decade.

Back