A Single Sherbro Among Them

The ones good at bench, make it a staple and excel at it. Then the rest of us, just look at it as a mental defeat and ask why we wasting time doing something that requires you to lay still? :D Rather be doing something that is movement based .

For sure. I feel like most of the guys I've seen with a bench >2x BW usually focus on it to the detriment of other lifts, unless they're dedicated powerlifters or on gear. I just wish I had devoted all the years grinding on bench and bro splits when I was younger to squats and learning oly lifts. That would have made me bigger, stronger and almost certainly a better combat sports athlete. I still bench out of habit but that's only because I can't yet get any serious weight over my head (although making slow but steady progress on snatch and OH squats).

Last edited:
@boingyman , weren't you around these parts
My all-time best was in the high 300s at 170ish when I was in my 20's, however in most recent years pre car accident my PR was 325 @~160 lbs. I did it 2 separate occasions. This one was pre-COVID time

Although the last time I hit 325 before my car accident it moved much faster. I think 335-340 was possible and bodyweight didn't change. Since my car accident in April2022 I haven't gone above 275, but with my current block I plan to test a RPE 9-9.5. Based on my singles and rep work this past 2 weeks I’m hoping to hit 295-305 possibly at a RPE 9 in the next 2-3 weeks. My right shoulder is still pretty jacked and is my limiting factor to hit a heavier single, but seems to be slightly better over the past 2 months. Bodyweight sitting in the low 150s right now. Hoping to get back to 315 by the end of the year.

My all-time best was in the high 300s at 170ish when I was in my 20's, however in most recent years pre car accident my PR was 325 @~160 lbs. I did it 2 separate occasions. This one was pre-COVID time

Although the last time I hit 325 before my car accident it moved much faster. I think 335-340 was possible and bodyweight didn't change. Since my car accident in April2022 I haven't gone above 275, but with my current block I plan to test a RPE 9-9.5. Based on my singles and rep work this past 2 weeks I’m hoping to hit 295-305 possibly at a RPE 9 in the next 2-3 weeks. My right shoulder is still pretty jacked and is my limiting factor to hit a heavier single, but seems to be slightly better over the past 2 months. Bodyweight sitting in the low 150s right now. Hoping to get back to 315 by the end of the year.

That's what memory was pulling your name. In the logs it was progressing then your accident went silent for a while.Ant man strength.

300 pound bench is pretty insane. The small minorities who can lift that much : Powerlifters, big strong guys who weigh 240 or something themselves, very genetically gifted athletes. trt / juice club . Then there are the lifters that we see on youtube that have diet, training and everything dialed in for years and decent genetics. Yeah they lift that or pretty close.

As far as rest of society, its a very big number. If you can rep 225 you are strong compared to most people

I mean semi dedication to the bench press for a while most people should be able to bench 300 and it’s not that surprising

Dude what fairytale do you live in. How many friends do you got that bench 300. At my peak I benched 265 once. Record of my life.

You guys lie to each other online and pretend you can lift 400 pounds.

Or you don't go out the house or something.

A few months and you can lift 300 pounds. Wtf what parallel universe is this.

I mean semi dedication to the bench press for a while most people should be able to bench 300 and it’s not that surprising

Can I see a video of you benching the cool 300 ? Like show a piece of paper with the word sherdog and proceed to lift 300.

I'm out of shape and could 1 rep 200.

Can I see a video of you benching the cool 300 ? Like show a piece of paper with the word sherdog and proceed to lift 300.

I'm out of shape and could 1 rep 200.

check out my log I do PR videos. I think I recently did a close grip Larsen press @ 275

there’s nothing that remarkable about a 300 bench

check out my log I do PR videos. I think I recently did a close grip Larsen press @ 275

there’s nothing that remarkable about a 300 bench

That's the whole thing. You're doing the sport of powerlifting, right ? Do you've been lifting heavy for 5-10 years of your life. Average people don't even go to the gym let alone bench press 300.

I'm getting back into shape, more for kickboxing, and I'll feel normal when I can do sets with 225 so 100 kg. Right now I do 60-70 kg. That is I started training again since 1 week. Before that maybe 2 workouts a month or three.

Sets with 225 is decent for a heavy guy who wants to be good at kickboxing.

Too much weight lifting and I won't have energy to do kickboxing workouts.

300 is something 0.2% of general population can lift. Maybe 1-2 out of 1000 people.

But when you're dedicated to powerlifting for +5 years. You can do it and it's not impressive for the sport of powerlifting.

When someone outside that sport looks at it, they will think you're crazy strong.

Not for powerlifting but yes that’s true. Depends on bodyweight, nueromusclar efficiency as well.

Not for powerlifting but yes that’s true. Depends on bodyweight, nueromusclar efficiency as well.
I've never even trained my neuromuscles, but I feel like they are still pretty jacked.

Back