Aaron "Tex" Johnson Accused of Rape

I don't know the details of the incident, but I'm tired of accusations ruining people's lives. If this is true then he should get what he deserves, but if it isn't then it is total bullshit that his name will be linked with rape forever.

Whose life has been ruined by a false accusation?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/07/nyregion/innocence-project-manhattan-rape.html

https://www.ajc.com/video/local-vid...eed-after-months-jail/7hd8TQqsZi8ZLp2bQ6ihNP/

I personally know a guy that had consensual sex with a woman. The dumb ass guy told some friend and eventually it got back to her fiancee and father. She turned around and accused my friend of sexual assault, he spent 5 years in prison and now is on the Sex Offender's list for life. He's had vigilantes print the picture from the registry and post it on the front door of the apartment. Can't get a decent job. His son was ridiculed.

Last edited:
There's a pretty profound difference between reserving final judgement and not letting accusations color your perception of people at all. I honestly don't get the stance of "we're not allowed to say anything util the court case is finalized".

After the heel hook controversy with Pena, people were asking why his own coach was yelling at him after. Then some stuff came out about him having a rep for hurting teammates in the gym, getting kicked out of Alliance for it, etc.

It seems in that situation people were able to take information in the overall context and color a perception from it just fine. I don't recall anyone saying that we needed to wait until Alliance gym guys filed assault charges that resulted in convictions. Nobody was saying that Alliance violated due process by kicking him out without a verdict of guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. We didn't get a bunch of helpful reminders that his former training partners may have just been crazy and made up stories about him for attention because they were jealous that he was finally getting good.

Strangely none of that stuff happened at all. People just looked at the overall pattern and updated their perceptions accordingly.

Strangely none of that stuff happened at all. People just looked at the overall pattern and updated their perceptions accordingly.

Yeah, this only seems to be a thing with regard to male-on-female sexual assault allegations. I understand why that is so, but it's inconsistent with how we handle most other claims against someone's character.

Are you joking? It happens all the time, but you never hear an apology. Search Google for the Duke Lacrosse team from the 90s. It's disgusting what shitty people do to others with false accusations.

I believe this woman already went to the authorities and they concluded it either wasnt factual or there was no evidence to back up the claims. Her accusation post linked to a gofund me account, proceeds going to her personally, and the number she listed for the authorities linked back to a hotel. I dont know this guys story or what he stands for, but the story isnt beyond reproach.

After the heel hook controversy with Pena, people were asking why his own coach was yelling at him after. Then some stuff came out about him having a rep for hurting teammates in the gym, getting kicked out of Alliance for it, etc.

It seems in that situation people were able to take information in the overall context and color a perception from it just fine. I don't recall anyone saying that we needed to wait until Alliance gym guys filed assault charges that resulted in convictions. Nobody was saying that Alliance violated due process by kicking him out without a verdict of guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. We didn't get a bunch of helpful reminders that his former training partners may have just been crazy and made up stories about him for attention because they were jealous that he was finally getting good.

Tex was literally on video ignoring a tap, if he was actually tried to rape Pena after heel hooking him nobody would be having any doubt if he should be lynched already.
The LI guys where recorded raping a girl and nobody that doesn't train at LI believes they are innocent even after the jury didn't convict them.

Tex was literally on video ignoring a tap, if he was actually tried to rape Pena after heel hooking him nobody would be having any doubt if he should be lynched already.

I agree they are different situations. And different situations color perceptions differently.

I'm just addressing the notion that the only thing that should ever color our perceptions is a criminal guilty verdict. I don't think that makes sense.

My perception here is not colored strongly one way or the other yet. It still seems early and not everything is clear.

It seems that Unity kicked him out for the time being as things stand. I'd probably have done the same if I were in their situation. I think that is the best way to handle it for now.

The fact that Unity gave him the boot is pretty damning on its own. That on top of his pattern of behavior and especially checking into rehab should tell everyone there's at least something to the claims.

Either way, not the time or place to start talking about the Me Too movement or make generalizations about rape accusations. It's actually pretty easy to just discuss this specific case.

- rape is bad
- falsely accusing people of rape is bad
- claims of rape always deserve a serious investigation
- women are fucking terrified of us for very good, factually-supported reasons
- brigading culture is ridiculous
- people have a right to be upset when they're treated like second-class citizens
- having the physical capability to take what you want and be admired for it does not make you strong. having the character to give everything you can whether or not anyone is looking is what makes you strong
- we all spend too much time being angry on the internet

What exactly is the story here? What specifically is she accusing him of doing?

The fact that Unity gave him the boot is pretty damning on its own. That on top of his pattern of behavior and especially checking into rehab should tell everyone there's at least something to the claims.
How does Unity giving him the boot prove much? It would have made sense for the do that regardless how credible the accusations where?

How does Unity giving him the boot prove much? It would have made sense for the do that regardless how credible the accusations where?

Well, that's untrue, because they'll look awful for not standing by their athlete if it comes out that the story was completely untrue. When someone is falsely accused, you stand by them and defend their character. It would make absolutely no sense to abandon a teammate under those circumstances. The decision to cut ties says that the people closest to the situation believe there's at least something to the story that will reflect poorly on them.

Well, that's untrue, because they'll look awful for not standing by their athlete if it comes out that the story was completely untrue. When someone is falsely accused, you stand by them and defend their character. It would make absolutely no sense to abandon a teammate under those circumstances. The decision to cut ties says that the people closest to the situation believe there's at least something to the story that will reflect poorly on them.
They would have to be 100% it's bullshit to stand by him.

Are you joking? It happens all the time, but you never hear an apology. Search Google for the Duke Lacrosse team from the 90s. It's disgusting what shitty people do to others with false accusations.

IIRC all the guys from the Duke case are doing fine. Their lives were far from being ruined.

They would have to be 100% it's bullshit to stand by him.

Hence the phrasing, "there's at least something to the story" which is just another way of saying it isn't 100% bullshit. His getting kicked out gives the story credibility. Why are you arguing semantics?

Hence the phrasing, "there's at least something to the story" which is just another way of saying it isn't 100% bullshit. His getting kicked out gives the story credibility. Why are you arguing semantics?
You initially used the words damning. I agree that them booting him out means here story had at least some minimal credibility (like she didn't say he shape shifted into a giant ostrich to rape her) but standing by him if there was a possibility of him not being obviously innocent would be a super risky move. I would have booted or at least suspended him if I was the unity owner.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/07/nyregion/innocence-project-manhattan-rape.html

https://www.ajc.com/video/local-vid...eed-after-months-jail/7hd8TQqsZi8ZLp2bQ6ihNP/

I personally know a guy that had consensual sex with a woman. The dumb ass guy told some friend and eventually it got back to her fiancee and father. She turned around and accused my friend of sexual assault, he spent 5 years in prison and now is on the Sex Offender's list for life. He's had vigilantes print the picture from the registry and post it on the front door of the apartment. Can't get a decent job. His son was ridiculed.

tbh id have killed her t have done that to me

mhm its sad the media does this too doesnt matter if they post something true even if the evidence eventually come so tthat persons rep is ruined by how media will make up things about celebs ect

obviously if someone claims rape they should investigate but it should nottttttt be put out there till the person is found guilty with pure evidence

Back