AC start capacitor replacement

Darth_Inv1ctu5

Yellow Card
@Black
Reaction score
Lwhere do I buy this in a physical store? I'm gonna blownmy brains if I have to wait till Monday in a house without AC at 85 degrees outside - but more importantly, the dogs won't survive this heat!!!

Help!!!

Lwhere do I buy this in a physical store? I'm gonna blownmy brains if I have to wait till Monday in a house without AC at 85 degrees outside - but more importantly, the dogs won't survive this heat!!!

Help!!!

It's trivial. Just check a youtube video and do it yourself. Order a part from Amazon. Your local HVAC store may stock it.

Help!!!

what model AC do you have? Pic of label/plate.

Just start calling the local HVAC stores, one of them will have it. If not, go buy a couple 20 lb bags of ice and a fan, make yourself a swamp cooler.

Any brand of capacitor will do, just needs to be the right farad rating. Is it possible to remove?

Make sure you discharge the capacitor before handling it.

+1 on discharging the capacitor. A microwave oven's capacitor stores 2100 VAC and can burn through your skin.

Help!!!
Local hardware store, also if the capacitor is out, the motor will still run it it’s needs help getting started. You can usually help the fan take off just watch your fingers.

Check to see if there is a Grainger supply store near you. I replaced the capacitor for my ac unit a few summers back for 30 bucks

Damn it guys. You're ruining all the fun

I've been shocked by dozens of capacitors. I work on filtration units and when I work on them, I try and work around the capacitors, but sometimes I'm not so careful.

Or Ferguson has lots of them that's were I go.

You can take the old one in and they can match it.

Back