Rumored According to Tom Aspinall, Stipe Miocic turned down interim title-fight against Pavlovich

Understandable decision?

• Total voters
but he is earning nothing and by not accepting he will never fight Jones.
the interim winner will fight Jones next. don think it was a clever move by Stipe

Jones wants to fight Stipe and retire. He has no interest in fighting young up and coming heavyweights like Aspinall and Pavlovich.

Jones, Stipe and Dana all agreed that this is the way forward. Also, anyone thinking Jones would have accepted a short notice fight against pav are delusional.

Why would Stipe fight him? His resume is 90%~ built off beat geriatrics exclusively

...do people just not know he got bodied in his last fight 2.5 years ago? Is that why people were hyped for it?

Yes but he almost scored a KO in the process. He got caught.

Shows that Stipe thought he could beat Jones. If he was just going in there to take an L and get one last paycheck, he could do that just as well against Pavlovich

Stipe has consistently said and has stuck to no fighting unless its for the title. I don't like it any bit, and I'm not sure how he has fans with how inactive he has been. I'm not surprised.

Lol at the poll results. Sherdog and it’s classic double standards…

If it was Stipe who got injured and Jones refused to fight Pav, the whole forum would be ragging on Jones. But since it’s good ole boy Stipe, it’s a completely understandable decision… even though he’s 2-2 in his last 4 fights still getting undeserving title shots.

Sherdog gonna Sherdog.

ExigtvgVIAQ2gIZ.jpg

Hey everyone, look at this genius who's angry that context matters.

Stipe has consistently said and has stuck to no fighting unless its for the title. I don't like it any bit, and I'm not sure how he has fans with how inactive he has been. I'm not surprised.

Stfu Tom Stipe is 41 you're like 29. Stipe fought Nganpu twice, DC three times, JDS ect. Let's see if you will compete when you're over 40

I understand turning down a short notice replacement. The entire thing smells of Dana making dumb moves and telling different things to both people as they are saying the Jones Stipe is still happening.

Stipe is the greatest UFC HW, Aspinall will beat Pavlovich and he will make it look easy.

He is UFC HW Goat yes.

Aspinall is amazing too we will see. If Pav's ground game is as dogshit as it looked against Overeem and Aspinall can take him down, it's possible.

But I got Pav by ko in r2.

Stipe is likely shot he probably knows this, the Jones fight will be a big payday unlike Sergei who will likely knock him out and for a lesser payday.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2023/10...of-ufc-295-felt-like-i-got-kicked-in-the-nuts

“How did I feel when I woke up today? Like I got kicked in the nuts,” Miocic said. “In the morning, I woke up to my phone vibrating. It was dark, I had my son on top of me, trying to move and get my phone. I finally got my phone and had a text message from my manager saying my fight was off. I couldn’t sleep the rest of the night. I was supposed to fight Jon Jones in about two weeks in New York, UFC 295, Madison Square Garden. I was pretty excited about that. Actually really excited. I guess he tore something in his chest. Unfortunately that happens. It’s part of the game. Hopefully he gets better and feels better, but what happens now. Do I fight somebody else? I don’t know.”

“I don’t know why I didn’t get picked, which is fine,” Miocic said. “I understand they have a direction they want to go. I’m okay with that. Every guy in the division is tough. I definitely want to fight the biggest fish, which is Jon Jones. It wasn’t my choice, it was theirs. Listen, everything happens for a reason. The fight being canceled, it sucks. No question about it. Unfortunately that’s just the game we’re in. It happens. Like I said, I hope he’s okay. You want to be the best, you’ve got to beat the best. I want that belt back. It’s my belt. It’s going to happen.”

Back