Actors you would have liked to be more popular

Kevin J O'Connor: There will be blood, Lord of Illusions, Deep Rising

lord1.jpg

That dude from Boiler Room with the yellow ferrari. Never even heard his name lol.

Bobby Canavale

Intense actor. And he has a lot of range.

Since this turned into a Michael Wincott thread, & Gary Oldman was mentioned, here's an extremely rare instance of an actor being awesome by screaming in Gary Oldman's face. Usually, in order for an actor to be awesome, Gary Oldman has to scream in their face.

(timestamped to the scene)

Giovanni Ribisi. After Boiler Room it felt like he was poised to be this huge star. Never materialized. He was always great in everything he did.

Not that he isn't hugely successful, but Michael Shannon hasn't yet realized his due. He's one of the greatest actors of this generation, and he's going to start racking up the Oscar nominations over the next decade or two that will ultimately get him that attention.

victoria pratt is another one. She was a former fitness model turned actor who made a run in a few tv shows. she wasnt an amazing thespian by any means but solid and quite the eye candy

victoria-pratt-during-fredericks-of-hollywood-debuts-fall-2003-at-picture-id111163646

906921304.jpg

Victoria-Pratt-CelebHealthy_com.jpg

michael-biehn2.png

Michael Beihn
Never got his due, imo.

maxresdefault.jpg

William Fichtner
Even though hes a respected character actor, I'd like him to be a bigger presence in movies.

Also, I apparently really like shotguns.

Thomas Jane for me, I'll also second Michael Biehn.

michael-biehn2.png

Michael Beihn
Never got his due, imo.

maxresdefault.jpg

William Fichtner
Even though hes a respected character actor, I'd like him to be a bigger presence in movies.

Also, I apparently really like shotguns.
Ah good call on Beihn

Also find it hard to comprehend Christopher McDonald never could get bigger than Shooter McGavin.

Nonesense. He played Lt. Castillo in the Star Trek TNG episode Yesterday’s Enterprise.

Actually, that role kind of shows why he was typecast the way he was. No matter how virtuous his character is, he always comes across as smarmy.

Marc Singer
Dolph Lungren
Clancy Brown

Was just watching a movie called Brimstone last night and was thinking why the fuck isn't Guy Pearce more appreciated.

He was straight gangsta in that shit.

Not to mention Memento, LA Confidential, Ravenous, Lawless - dude has a bunch of great roles under his belt.

Back