ADCC 2015 (S

Lower weight divisions are staaaacked, I am excited about them.

The two top weight divisions look light. Absolute should be interesting.

I'm excited, the divisions look pretty good so far. Hopefully the majority of these guys stay in it.

Lower weight divisions are staaaacked, I am excited about them.

The two top weight divisions look light. Absolute should be interesting.

Honestly I'm probably missing some. Besides a few people I don't really pay nearly as much attention to the bigger dudes.

I think 99kg is traditionally the least competitive weight class.

I might be wrong but I vaguely remember the earlier ADCCs being from a more diverse grappling background. There is only BJJ guys in that list. I will still enjoy it, its just a shame.

It would be nice if Josh Barnett was invited. I very much doubt he would accept.

I might be wrong but I vaguely remember the earlier ADCCs being from a more diverse grappling background. There is only BJJ guys in that list. I will still enjoy it, its just a shame.

It would be nice if Josh Barnett was invited. I very much doubt he would accept.

I think the final list will be fairly different. There always seem to be some crazy last minute replacements. There's always some Japanese Shooto grapplers, a few wrestlers, etc. Some of the names on here aren't 100% confirmed and there are some slots left in every division. I know it still used to be more diverse back in the day. Everyone is also so goood now, that I almost wish they'd have 32 man divisions and 16 women divisions.

-77kg
1. Kron Gracie (2013 winner)
2. Otavio Sousa (I think invited?)
3. Garry Tonon (invited)
4. Davi Ramos (Rio Trials winner)
5. Gabriel "Palito" Rollo (Sao Paulo Trials winner)
6. Vagner Rocha (North American Trials winner)
7. Enrico Cocco (North American Trials winner)
8. JT Torres (I think invited?)
9. Lucas Lepri (I think invited?)
10. Lachlan Giles (Asian Trials winner)
11. Gamrot Mateusz (European Trials winner)
12. TBD (2nd European Trials winner)
13. TBD (2nd Asian Trials winner)
14. Benson Henderson (invited)

My coach just won the 2nd Asia Trials in Japan this past weekend.

Drew, can you add his name: Noh Young-ahm

Can you also add Joao Gabriel Rocha to +99. He got invited with all the other people in the first batch ~ 2 months ago(he took silver in 2013)

Updated to reflect the winners of the 2nd European trials, the 2nd Asian trials, Kron Gracie's absence, and Dillon Danis' invite. If anyone knows of any additions or subtractions, feel free to leave a comment.

Updated to reflect the winners of the 2nd European trials, the 2nd Asian trials, Kron Gracie's absence, and Dillon Danis' invite. If anyone knows of any additions or subtractions, feel free to leave a comment.

You are doing gods work!

I hope they invite Dominyka Obelenyte

Haven't seen her compete in NoGi in a while. I hope they invite Bernardo that would make it an awesome year for him if he were invited and won.

Make it happen Shiek!

uU0d6QO.gif

Bernardo would be awesome too!

Big Joao Gabriel Rocha fan over here. No idea what his nogi game is like but he is a fun big guy to watch.

During this years Worlds my commentary station lost feed for a little and when I changed to video camera 1 it showed him getting his second place medal. After the other guys left the podium he just stayed and sat on his second place platform. Very serious moment for him, tons of emotion with tears and all. Lots of hard work came to fruition that night and beating cancer just over a year ago.

Big Joao Gabriel Rocha fan over here. No idea what his nogi game is like but he is a fun big guy to watch.

During this years Worlds my commentary station lost feed for a little and when I changed to video camera 1 it showed him getting his second place medal. After the other guys left the podium he just stayed and sat on his second place platform. Very serious moment for him, tons of emotion with tears and all. Lots of hard work came to fruition that night and beating cancer just over a year ago.

It's funny dude because the stream quality in China was so awful that people in the chat and even live bloggers were reporting him as Buchecha. They looked so similar in the grainy footage. Even by the finals some people hadn't caught on and were really confused when they saw 2 Buchecha's step on the mat. :eek:

I don't remember a ton about him besides that he looked awesome. Glad he's in there.

Back