Media Adesanya says he's gonna walk Costa down and KO him

You Will Vote For Dreyga

You have no choice
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.mmamania.com/2020/4/28/...t-fight-paulo-costa-ufc-fight-island-espn-mma

“You will be surprised how I’m going to walk this guy down at a certain point in this fight, how he’ll be the one taking a backward step,” he said before predicting that he will hand Paulo his first loss in MMA by way of knockout.

“It’s finishing – I’m knocking him out. That’s how I feel. It’s kill or be killed. Don’t get me wrong – like, I don’t think he’s going to catch me, and if he does, he’ll be quite surprised at my durability because a lot of people forget.

“They say, ‘Oh, he was scared of Romero’s power.’ It’s like, do you know how many (expletives) I’ve fought in this game – not just in MMA, but in kickboxing? Everyone has power, but there’s levels to this power (expletive).”

“I like ‘Fight Island.’ The movie, like the cinema I have in my head – because I’m the protagonist, right, and Costa would be the antagonist in the end of this movie – and to finish it off on ‘Fight Island,’ that just seems like some ‘Mortal Kombat’ type of (expletive). It’s just like, you couldn’t have scripted it any better,” Adesanya told MMA Junkie.“I like ‘Fight Island.’ The movie, like the cinema I have in my head – because I’m the protagonist, right, and Costa would be the antagonist in the end of this movie – and to finish it off on ‘Fight Island,’ that just seems like some ‘Mortal Kombat’ type of (expletive). It’s just like, you couldn’t have scripted it any better,” Adesanya told MMA Junkie.

He said the same thing about KOing Romero... We seen how much he bitched out after receiving one hit.

I actually think Adesanya will win this one. But he probably means he knows he can't get stuck on the cage against a guy like Costa. I doubt he "walks down" Costa but I could see him staying withing the black lines and keeping the jab in Costas face

<YeahOKJen>

Izzy is going to be on his bicycle as soon as the bell rings. NattyGOAT Costa will still find that chin though.

Translation: Kick him from range and never enter the pocket.

He said the same thing about KOing Romero... We seen how much he bitched out after receiving one hit.

the difference with the romero fight was he knew romero wouldn't run him down, Romero was perfectly content to stand in the center of the cage and jump vertically for 25 minutes

Costa is more dangerous when he's going forward than going backward. Izy's best bet actually IS to try to walk him down.

Costa is literally going to kill that skinny clown

Costa gonna walk into counters all night like Whittaker did.

Adesanya should keep his mouth shut after putting on the worst performance by a champion in UFC history.

Last edited:
Izzy is a joke. I could see him finishing Costa, but lets be honest, he literally will be backpedalling the whole fight. I would be happy to bet he doesn't take on step forward the entire fight.

Well... it did take the Anderson vs Maia fight for Silva to enter the matrix vs Forrest...

He probably means that after he rocks Costa he's not gonna let up. Counter, rock him, walk him down, don't let up.

Said that before Romero,
who didn't move.

This is the same guy who said he was going to end the myth of Romero and pretty much made it stronger, lol. The first and pretty much only time Israel closed the distance against Yoel he got walloped by a huge overhand and pretty much social distanced 6 feet+ away from Romero for the rest of the fight.

Back