AEW Worlds End 2023 PPV Live Thread

Who Walks out of Worlds End as AEW World Champion?

• MJF

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Samoa Joe

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
Nah definitely not the worst, but it was looking pretty grim half way through last night. The last three matches really delivered and I enjoyed the reveal. I dunno how everyone was saying it was obvious when there were only so many candidates that made sense. I remember at one point people were convinced it was Jungle Boy, and then at another people were convinced it was Britt Baker.
And I wouldn't say the reveal was necessarily obvious, but nobody else would have made logical sense

Nah definitely not the worst, but it was looking pretty grim half way through last night. The last three matches really delivered and I enjoyed the reveal. I dunno how everyone was saying it was obvious when there were only so many candidates that made sense. I remember at one point people were convinced it was Jungle Boy, and then at another people were convinced it was Britt Baker.

We must be going to different places to read about wrestling because the overwhelming majority of people I've seen have called out these exact 5 people for several weeks now. The overwhelming majority of people commenting have also held out hope that it wasn't Adam Cole and even gave Tony Khan too much credit thinking he'd actually get creative and not do the obvious. It's been pretty much a given for months that Adam Cole turns on MJF, not if, but when, and as soon as this Devil shit started it was obvious. They were even doing the shit like the Devil mask hanging over Adam Cole while him and MJF sat in the locker room and so many people hoping they did that to swerve us instead of foreshadowing.

Most people I've read saying anything about Jack Perry or Britt Baker have said it in a joking manner as well, like "watch it be Jack Perry lol". The only reason people ever said Britt was because the first time The Devil came out on TV it was a tiny ass person under the mask built like a skinny woman. As soon as an actually grown man started appearing that Britt Baker shit was squashed pretty quick outside of doomers saying shit like "AEW sucks so bad it'll probably be Britt Baker".

We must be going to different places to read about wrestling because the overwhelming majority of people I've seen have called out these exact 5 people for several weeks now. The overwhelming majority of people commenting have also held out hope that it wasn't Adam Cole and even gave Tony Khan too much credit thinking he'd actually get creative and not do the obvious. It's been pretty much a given for months that Adam Cole turns on MJF, not if, but when, and as soon as this Devil shit started it was obvious. They were even doing the shit like the Devil mask hanging over Adam Cole while him and MJF sat in the locker room and so many people hoping they did that to swerve us instead of foreshadowing.

Most people I've read saying anything about Jack Perry or Britt Baker have said it in a joking manner as well, like "watch it be Jack Perry lol". The only reason people ever said Britt was because the first time The Devil came out on TV it was a tiny ass person under the mask built like a skinny woman. As soon as an actually grown man started appearing that Britt Baker shit was squashed pretty quick outside of doomers saying shit like "AEW sucks so bad it'll probably be Britt Baker".
When the devil spoke a hell of a lot of people were convinced it was Jack Perry's voice

My god. What a horrid ppv. So many lifeless matches that went on for eternities.

Opening 8 man was good. A lot of fun.

Andrade vs Miro was so bleh. And it went forever.

Women's title match was fine.

No Earthly idea why Swerve had a somewhat competitive match with Dustin fucking Rhodes after crippling him beforehand. Anything would've been better than this. Squash Dustin, cut a scathing promo on Lee while saying he's moving on to the world title.

Jericho 8 man was atrocious. Seriously, they couldn't just take him off the show? No! Sammy pins Starks to presumably set up a tag title match. Incredible stupidity. Unbelievable incompetence.

TBS title match went on and on and on...

Edge and Christian. Damn near saved this miserable show. Superb match. Two vets went out there and killed it. Christian winning the belt back was the icing on the cake. Dude is crushing it.

Mox vs Eddie was not to my taste. Pity. Crowd went nuts for Eddie none the less. New belt is fine, how many is that now - 30?

In a vacuum the main event was a good match. Very happy Joe won the belt. MJF needs to be sent to his room and think about what he's done. Miserable last 6 months. Bitterly disappointing title reign.

Adam Cole is the devil. Yeah, who cares. Womp womp of a reveal and this was the best case scenario. So what does he want from MJF now? Cole's group have the ROH tag belts and Joe has the AEW belt. MJF has nothing. I would love if AEW just completely forgot this storyline going forward.

Last edited:
My god. What a horrid ppv. So many lifeless matches that went on for eternities.

No Earthly idea why Swerve had a somewhat competitive match with Dustin fucking Rhodes after crippling him beforehand. Anything would've been better than this. Squash Dustin, cut a scathing promo on Lee while saying he's moving on to the world title.

Jericho 8 man was atrocious. Seriously, they couldn't just take him off the show? No! Sammy pins Starks to presumably set up a tag title match. Incredible stupidity. Unbelievable incompetence.

Edge and Christian. Damn near saved this miserable show. Superb match. Two vets went out there and killed it. Christian winning the belt back was the icing on the cake. Dude is crushing it.

Mox vs Eddie was not to my taste. Pity. Crowd went nuts for Eddie none the less. New belt is fine, how many is that now - 30?

In a vacuum the main event was a good match. Very happy Joe won the belt. MJF needs to be sent to his room and think about what he's done. Miserable last 6 months. Bitterly disappointing title reign.

Adam Cole is the devil. Yeah, who cares. Womp womp of a reveal and this was the best case scenario. So what does he want from MJF now? He has the ROH tag belts and Joe has the AEW belt. MJF has nothing. I would love if AEW just completely forgot this storyline going forward.
MJF lost the tag belts.

Adam Cole is the devil. Yeah, who cares. Womp womp of a reveal and this was the best case scenario. So what does he want from MJF now? Cole's group have the ROH tag belts and Joe has the AEW belt. MJF has nothing. I would love if AEW just completely forgot this storyline going forward.
Well ya ain't gotta get hot about it

So Andrade is done, Keith Lee is injured, Jericho has some accusations which may or may not be bullshit, who knows what is happening with MJF...

Maybe I'll recant my earlier WCW 2000 statement <Lmaoo>
But I thought CM Punk was the problem...

The Copeland Cage match was awesome. The ending fucking ruled. I think Nick Wayne botched that table slam and damn near broke his own neck.

So the Edge/Christian match was the only really good one huh? I only watched that match bec Christian must have the best heel run since I can't even remember.

Yeah, blame the person who "tattles" on the sexual harrasser.

Great look!
Proof he sexually harassed anyone other than CM Punk's friend comparing him to Harvey Weinstein? Didn't think so

Yeah I meant Cole has the belts. Too many pronouns!

"PRONOUN BOY!!!!!"

MV5BYzg4MjE2ZmEtNGE4My00YmY3LTg5MGMtODk5MWM0Yzc2ZWZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMzOTU3MDcz._V1_.jpg

Back