After 25 years watching NBA again - where to start?

The evolution of the game.

a841M3.gif

Can't play defense, can't hit open shots, can't dribble and load managing in-game.

Lol at LeCan James being a top 5 player all-time.

<36>

Grew up watching college and NBA during the Jordan era but then realized team sports are nothing but bread and circuses.

They did their work in the paint because they couldn't shoot the fucking ball lmao

Bullshit.

Even less than agile centers like Patrick Ewing had a shot from outside the paint that he could make without even being able to create his own shot like more athletic big men (e.g., Hakeem).

Try again.

Bullshit.

Even less than agile centers like Patrick Ewing had a shot from outside the paint that he could make without even being able to create his own shot like more athletic big men (e.g., Hakeem).

Try again.
Patrick Ewing shot 36% from outside the paint. Was a significantly less efficient Jonas Valanciunas

Patrick Ewing shot 36% from outside the paint. Was a significantly less efficient Jonas Valanciunas

Patrick Ewing shot roughly 50% from mid range most of his career. Keep in mind people actually played defense then. Ewing would be converting at > 70% in today's game.

Stick to living in an igloo, soon.

<36>

Patrick Ewing shot roughly 50% from mid range most of his career. Keep in mind people actually played defense then. Ewing would be converting at > 70% in today's game.

Stick to living in an igloo, soon.

<36>
Lmfao "roughly 50%" = I don't have a fucking clue what I'm talking about

Patrick Ewing shot above 43% once in his entire career outside of the paint. He's a sub 40 career mid range shooter.

Keep in mind that this was also when double teaming was illegal. Defense in the 90s was so rudimentary that a good high school team would likely stomp the 90s Knicks based on improved defensive IQ alone.

Lmfao "roughly 50%" = I don't have a fucking clue what I'm talking about

Patrick Ewing shot above 43% once in his entire career outside of the paint. He's a sub 40 career mid range shooter.

Keep in mind that this was also when double teaming was illegal. Defense in the 90s was so rudimentary that a good high school team would likely stomp the 90s Knicks based on improved defensive IQ alone.

Absolutely false. Anyone can verify his Knicks years when he was still healthy.

Lmfao "sub 40" = I don't have a fucking clue what I'm talking about.

MARTCAN.

Ewing would absolutely dominate the festival of cans parading around the NBA right now flopping around like retards and just jacking up uncontested shots.

Last edited:
Absolutely false. Anyone can verify his Knicks years when he was still healthy.

Lmfao "sub 40" = I don't have a fucking clue what I'm talking about.

MARTCAN.

Ewing would absolutely dominate the festival of cans parading around the NBA right now flopping around like retards and just jacking up uncontested shots.
Lol. They started tracking fg% based on distance during the 96/97 season. A season which Ewing played in 78 games (healthy) and shot 40.7% outside of the paint.

Stick to reruns of family matters and blossom you retarded nostalgic boomer. You clearly get slapped around in any discussion involving basketball

Lol. They started tracking fg% based on distance during the 96/97 season. A season which Ewing played in 78 games (healthy) and shot 40.7% outside of the paint.

Patrick Ewing's career started in 1985, my little Taylor Swift fan. He was already 33 by 96/97 and clearly declining yet he shot 41% outside of the paint. What % did he shoot in 1988?

You made this claim though:

Patrick Ewing shot 36% from outside the paint.

Provide a source since they started tracking only in 96/97.

Stick to reruns of family matters and blossom you retarded nostalgic boomer. You clearly get slapped around in any discussion involving basketball

{<jimmies}

Stick to listening to Drake and telling everyone your pronouns to keep yourself warm. You know fuck all about basketball and I will always be your daddy.

MARTCAN. Lmao.

Patrick Ewing's career started in 1985, my little Taylor Swift fan. He was already 33 by 96/97 and clearly declining yet he shot 41% outside of the paint. What % did he shoot in 1988?

You made this claim though:

Provide a source since they started tracking only in 96/97.

{<jimmies}

Stick to listening to Drake and telling everyone your pronouns to keep yourself warm. You know fuck all about basketball and I will always be your daddy.

MARTCAN. Lmao.
Lmfao..I gave you the numbers as they're tracked. You made an insane claim that he shot 50% outside of the paint when his fg% was 50%. ( Lol at a supposed great center shooting 50%. Really shows you the level of "skill" at the time) its what happens when your collective knowledge of the beautiful game is from youtube videos of VHS recordings during the dark ages of the sport.

Embarassing. But expected from you.

Lmfao..I gave you the numbers as they're tracked.

No, you didn't. You said this:

Patrick Ewing shot 36% from outside the paint.

Would you like to change that statement or would you like to continue to prove that you're a disingenuous idiot?

You made an insane claim that he shot 50% outside of the paint when his fg% was 50%. ( Lol at a supposed great center shooting 50%. Really shows you the level of "skill" at the time)

His FG % was consistently well over 50% during his prime years. He shot 57% in 1988-89.

<36>

You couldn't be dumber if you tried. Why would you engage in a discussion about players you know nothing about?

its what happens when your collective knowledge of the beautiful game is from youtube videos of VHS recordings during the dark ages of the sport.

Embarassing. But expected from you.

Everything you know about the NBA is from Tiktok clips in between your favorite Taylor Swift and Drake videos.

MARTCAN. Daddy loves you.

Lol @ how rustled this octogenarian is because his argument lead to the realization that his favourite center from the 90s is less skilled than Walker Kessler hahaha.

50% for an "all time great center" you couldn't make this up if tried.

I really can't blame you. You didn't realize at the time the 90s were a low skilled expansion era with a significantly shallower talent pool to choose from.

50% fg for HOF center. Jesus Christ LMFAO.
Should be end/thread

Lol @ how rustled this octogenarian is because his argument lead to the realization that his favourite center from the 90s is less skilled than Walker Kessler hahaha.

50% for an "all time great center" you couldn't make this up if tried.

I really can't blame you. You didn't realize at the time the 90s were a low skilled expansion era with a significantly shallower talent pool to choose from.

50% fg for HOF center. Jesus Christ LMFAO.
Should be end/thread

Daddy obliterated you so badly that you're too scared to directly respond anymore.

<36>

I understand. It's not easy being a complete can and getting embarrassed in front of your boyfriends.

Patrick Ewing's beautiful 57% FG percentage translates to shooting >70% in this era of cans. Guy would be magic from every spot on the court.

Imagine Ewing going up against this shit. Lmfao.

a841M3.gif

Back