After 2nd laptop going off I'm switching to Apple

milenss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
It was a stupid idea to move all the electronics manufacturing to China. All brands are the same and you take no quality for your money.
They dont even accept them for a repair. Lol

I've made the same move 3 years ago, I didn't regret it for a second. I'd have a hard time returning to a Windows laptop.

I don't have anything to contribute, I just wanted to post this gif.

f1752f796d3760918827f9018ac75483.jpg

6 years ago I got a mac. It still runs like new. I’d never go back.
They are pricey for a reason.

i still have a macbook air, works like a charm, battery lasts alot and its the perfect work laptop

i used to talk alot of shit about apple but i ended up with an iphone and a macbook, they are excellent machines

I was thinking about it too. No fucking around updating Windows 10 for the 950680378946576329 time in a week.

You know where Apple computers are made right

Last edited:
Your know where Apple computers are made right

Yeah, but they are still under what I suppose is a strict control. It's different. The other laptops look like crap when you open them. It's like a home-made sh1t.

Yeah, but they are still under what I suppose is a strict control. It's different. The other laptops look like crap when you open them. It's like a home-made sh1t.

Thinkpads are still well made

It was a stupid idea to move all the electronics manufacturing to China. All brands are the same and you take no quality for your money.
They dont even accept them for a repair. Lol
Where do you think Apple gets their stuff? The company that makes their chips is worth more than they are, and is based in Taiwan.

What bothers me about this is people tend to rage about hardware failure that is totally random, and usually pertaining to some shitty $300 laptops they scraped off the bottom of Amazon. Meanwhile, when they finally "go Apple", suddenly they're dropping $1.5-$2.5K on a MacBook (Pro). Then they squeal, "Everything Apple just works better!" Offer specific comparisons because you're clearly not coming from a Dell XPS or a Microsoft Surface Book if they aren't willing to service it. You should be able to claim an RMA if you're still under warranty.

In other words, is your epiphany that you should stop buying Windows laptops, or that you should stop buying cheap, shitty hardware?

My wife’s uncle is a retired legal consultant for Underwriter laboratories. As I understand it from talking to him there is so much counterfeit and dubious quality goods that are extremely hard to trace a point of origin. The shady goods are made with the same machinery and in the same plant as legitimate items often using inferior quality materials to meet demand. The government of China isn’t exactly motivated to put a magnifying glass up to the problem because it interferes with profitability.

A 3k Windows laptop will do as much or more

All brands are the same?
Are you sure?
How many of them protected an American- murdering terrorist's right to keep his cell phone secrets?

My PC died when the original Windows 8 was new (late 2012 I think?). I had been buying one every couple years. I bought a new one at Costco and hated 8. Just hated it. The Apple Store here was doing 18 months same as cash so I got an iMac. It still works perfectly and I've long since bought into the entire ecosystem. Awesome products and awesome service in my experience.

My wife’s uncle is a retired legal consultant for Underwriter laboratories. As I understand it from talking to him there is so much counterfeit and dubious quality goods that are extremely hard to trace a point of origin. The shady goods are made with the same machinery and in the same plant as legitimate items often using inferior quality materials to meet demand. The government of China isn’t exactly motivated to put a magnifying glass up to the problem because it interferes with profitability.
It's impossible to counterfeit a semiconductor without a benchmark sniffing it on the first pass. If he managed to purchase a laptop with a counterfeit Intel Core processor in it, for example, then he's about as smart as my high school basketball teammates who bought those Rolex watches (against my advice) from the toothless vendor in an open-air Tijuana shopping market.

Otherwise, materials vary widely from laptop to laptop, so I'm not sure what we're supposed to glean from the fact that the same manufacturing equipment is applied to different materials.

The point of my posts is to warn less knowledgeable technofiles against the dangers of associating cheapness with Windows just because you thought you could "outsmart" higher spending. Notice that there isn't a single comment about software failure or tribulations in the OP. Nothing about annoying Windows updates or arduous software. Not a single thing that's actually about Windows. Yet he's associating his poor hardware and customer service with the entire operating system. It's inane.

6 years ago I got a mac. It still runs like new. I’d never go back.
They are pricey for a reason.
yup once you go Mac you never go back.

But OP- you do realize Apple products are made in China too rite? You can get really good or really bad of manufacturing in China.

Actually for certain kinds of electronics your only option will generally be China (or some similar Asian crap country) even for high end items.

It’s not like you couldn’t make a high end electronics manufacturing facility in another country, but the capital costs would be tremendous and there is no reason to do so.

In this day and age, the country where the product is made mean less than it ever was. What's more important is brand awareness and research.

Apple is made in China too, ditching laptops for Apple because they were made in China is the stupidest reason.

My Macbook from 2009-2010ish still works alright. They are beasts.

Where do you think Apple gets their stuff? The company that makes their chips is worth more than they are, and is based in Taiwan.

What bothers me about this is people tend to rage about hardware failure that is totally random, and usually pertaining to some shitty $300 laptops they scraped off the bottom of Amazon. Meanwhile, when they finally "go Apple", suddenly they're dropping $1.5-$2.5K on a MacBook (Pro). Then they squeal, "Everything Apple just works better!" Offer specific comparisons because you're clearly not coming from a Dell XPS or a Microsoft Surface Book if they aren't willing to service it. You should be able to claim an RMA if you're still under warranty.

In other words, is your epiphany that you should stop buying Windows laptops, or that you should stop buying cheap, shitty hardware?

lol... You'll never get through to them.

Apple provides great hardware (both phones & computers) at a premium. Especially for people who don't know their way around them. However, they treat their customers like drones with the restrictions on the software. But i guess it keeps morons from fucking up their systems with all those restrictions.

I know I have had to resuscitate my PC more than once because I was trying to work on it and messed it up. However, I learned a lot about how to work on them from those experiences too.

Back