After a Year of Insulting Fans and Mishaps, Battlefield V Sales Estimates Look Grim

they should have gone back to modern warfare with jets and helicopters thats how they fucked up, could have gone futuristic too like 2142 but instead went with the most lackluster and unexciting time period right after basically the exact same thing in their previous release, has nothing to do with the marketing stuff if a game is good people play it they don't care if characters are gay or females or aliens or whatver

I wish they weren't trying to kill one of my favorite series.

Is there another series that's like BF but isn't run by dickheads so I can fill the void until they get their shit together?

I thought the game itself rocked (with the exception of Tides of War, which can kindly go fuck itself).

Success-wise, though, it's been nothing short of a complete mega-flop.

yeah they really sank themselves by saying "IF YOU THINK IT SUCKS U ARE RACIST SEXIST AND DONT BUY OUR GAME" well ok

seems like a lot of people took their advice <rawsun>

I think the worst part is that 99.9% of people who watched the first trailer saw it and were reviled by it because it looked fucking stupid and disrespectful. WW2 wasn't some shooting gallery with proto cyborg women running around one shotting tanks and shit.

There are so many brave, poignant and beautiful stories of heroism in the face of the most dangerous threat humanity had ever seen. Yet, they show zero respect, and even fuck up so bad as to disrespect real heroes in real stories they thought to turn into lazy action fodder.

BF was supposed to be the more realistic game. You had weight to your movement, dirt was thrown in your face, and you were in terror when you heard a tank roll up. Now it's BF1 with the IronMan suits and BF5 with the needlessly inclusive revisionism done not even half assed.

...you guys don't remember when wwii was won by steampunk amputee british women rampaging through europe?

I forgot it even existed, which isn't good for the game.

Remember Battlefield 1943? It was like $15 and came with only a couple of maps but they were all great? This is maybe more about the games industry in general but I want another simple one like that, the franchise is too convoluted and is falling over itself.

Are there still servers for 1943?

Remember Battlefield 1943? It was like $15 and came with only a couple of maps but they were all great? This is maybe more about the games industry in general but I want another simple one like that, the franchise is too convoluted and is falling over itself.

Are there still servers for 1943?
Yeah pretty sure servers are up for that game

Biggest issue for me with the released game was the very fucking slow output of maps.

they should have gone back to modern warfare with jets and helicopters thats how they fucked up, could have gone futuristic too like 2142 but instead went with the most lackluster and unexciting time period right after basically the exact same thing in their previous release, has nothing to do with the marketing stuff if a game is good people play it they don't care if characters are gay or females or aliens or whatver
I like ww2 games. The issue is not the time period but the developer's poor execution of it.

It is weird how EA screws up public relations so bad. They take something clearly minor like that female character and instead of just shrugging it off and saying they thought she was cool they attack fans.

Probably to distract from their ineptitude in developing titles.

It's not selling because it released with limited maps, it's starting to get churned out as rapidly as CoD and the jumps between iterations is starting to lag.

They need to do a follow up to Battlefield 2142.

This might bring me back. I've never been a fan of fighting in old wars with old guns. That's never interested me at all. I want modern day or future only.

This might bring me back. I've never been a fan of fighting in old wars with old guns. That's never interested me at all. I want modern day or future only.

Not that there’s anything wrong with old timey guns, but they’ve done it a million times. Give me some lasers, rail guns and a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Not that there’s anything wrong with old timey guns, but they’ve done it a million times. Give me some lasers, rail guns and a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Yea there's nothing wrong with it. I played BF1 and it's fun and all that but if I had a preference BF4 was better and I just prefer modern day\future stuff in general more.

I forgot it even existed, which isn't good for the game.

It was being bundled for cheap, and put on sale like a month after it launched. Never a good sign. It's really not even a terrible game, but that PR campaign was a disaster, and really proves that yeah, it does matter how you treat your fans when they voice their concerns.

Lesson 1: Do not tell your fans to fuck off and not buy the product if they have some issues with it.

i think ive spent the least time playing this iteration compared to the previous titles

not because of "women in my videogamez" but rather that im not a fan of WW1- 2 theme

as some pointed out before, id rather take a modern or moreso a 2142 style of Battlefield over any other kind

It was being bundled for cheap, and put on sale like a month after it launched. Never a good sign. It's really not even a terrible game, but that PR campaign was a disaster, and really proves that yeah, it does matter how you treat your fans when they voice their concerns.

Lesson 1: Do not tell your fans to fuck off and not buy the product if they have some issues with it.

Gaming is the only industry I can think of where the companies and media continue to openly bash their consumers and then act shocked when they start to lose business. Its actually insane all the negative shit games media publishes about gamers you dont see that anywhere.

Gaming is the only industry I can think of where the companies and media continue to openly bash their consumers and then act shocked when they start to lose business. Its actually insane all the negative shit games media publishes about gamers you dont see that anywhere.

I think the movie industry is getting there. However, I don't see a massive impact from some of the political rhetoric that has been inserted into it to hype up movies, and bash anyone who has a dissenting opinion on the forced political themes of said movies. Probably because the movie industry has a far more diverse audience, so they can get away with playing these political games here and there. As opposed to videogames, which has a pretty significantly specific core audience, which is young males. Trying to sell "Battlefield" to a female audience is futile to begin with, but to then top it off by telling your core audience to fuck off if they don't like it, is just hilariously self destructive.

Back