Media Al Iaquinta Appears to Retire on Call Me Al Podcast

It seems Al Iaquinta has either retired or is on the absolute verge of retirement on his Call Me Al Podcast.

Al has questioned his ability to compete due to injuries, due to the sheer hunger of the young fighters, and his focus on real estate. It's important to note that I hadn't heard Al actually call it a day, but he has come very, very close.

He seems to be of the opinion that, realistically, on the money he's on, there's not much point in having another fight.

If he does call it quits, huge respect to this man.

At the end of the day, if he is a go getter, he will probably make more money at Real Estate than fighting.

I’m with Dana on this one. If a fighter is thinking of retiring, he should retire. Al had a great career. He was ranked amongst the top 15 fighters in his division and fought the best fighter in LW history for a championship belt. He should be proud of his career, not everyone can brag about being one of the best pro athletes in an extreme sport like MMA. Hang em up Al, you’ve done your time.

I love Al, always comes to bang, with Mousasi he is one of the realest MFs in the sport.

For his own health I think retirement might be the choice, sometimes you either don't want it anymore or just not at the level mentally and physically you were at one point.

Whatever he chooses I will always support him.

Its not retiring, he’s moving up in position, a full time real estate agent makes more than UFC fighter.

That's a little disappointing. I always enjoyed watching him fight and didn't really know who to root for between him and Bobby Green. I'd love to see one more out of him, but if he really wants out then hope he keeps doing well in real estate.

Chandler and Gaethje should've made at least 1 million each for their fight.

Two top guys in their division, former champs and both entertaining af.

RIP Raging Al Yankovic

head-explode-weird-al-yankovic.gif

Yeah not surprised. He didn't look like he wanted to be there anymore in his last fight.

He had an exciting career!

Do people not follow news? He tore his knee in that last fight and prob needs surgery, after already dealing with bad knees the last few years. It’s not a matter of heart, it’s that he wants to be able to walk and function the rest of his life and making chump change on Dana’s prelims isn’t worth getting even more hurt.

Honest assessment from him. Much respect to him. He is a good fighter and had some good wins over solid opponents. I'm sure he will do well in what he pursues next.

Back