Alabama Student Expelled For Online Racist Comments

And you guys cry about how colleges are "going downhill".

You don't give a shit about education, you're just ass blasted that nobody cares to deal with your idiocy. Bigots BTFO!

<22>
I accept your concession.

Who is that targeting? If i'm running around doing it indiscriminately, classroom to classroom, while professors desperately try and get me to fuck off, I should be immune according to the logic used.

That's what we're saying here. Free speech at all costs. That's what it entails.

Whos going full retard now ? She wasnt doing any of that and like I said you are making a bad comparison

Making a video saying retarded shit in private is not the same thing as running around the campus like a madman which like I said would be threatening and we have decided as a society that you may say what you wish you may not threaten others because that isnt reasonable

If you were running around campus yelling racial slurs it would be seen as threatening behavior and check this out ....... Im still not sure you should be booted for that but I wouldnt find it unreasonable for someone to ask you to explain yourself .

Whos going full retard now ? She wasnt doing any of that and like I said you are making a bad comparison

Making a video saying retarded shit in private is not the same thing as running around the campus like a madman which like I said would be threatening and we have decided as a society that you may say what you wish you may not threaten others because that isnt reasonable

If you were running around campus yelling racial slurs it would be seen as threatening behavior and check this out ....... Im still not sure you should be booted for that but I wouldnt find it unreasonable for someone to ask you to explain yourself .

She directed it toward "people complaining about her usage of the word" in the second video. Alabama students and student athletes were the target. The entire reason this blew up is because a current Bama player noted it on his own twitter.

The fact that you can't see where the example I raised and what she did are functionally the same is a problem with your logic in the discussion, not the example presented. Just because it's online doesn't mean that it's any less of an objectionable act. In fact, i'd argue it's worse since me going into a lecture hall is localized to that lecture hall, broadcasting things online has the potential to reach a far wider audience and provoke a far greater reaction.

Sorry dude, thems the bricks.

Man if there was ever a recording of my gaming sessions (especially Counterstrike) and they could be linked to me I would be kicked out of every private and public schools out there. I said some disgusting shit but it was all mostly in jest and/or trolling.

ok she's a racist... now that she has been outed as one let her stay in school and see how that pans out. hell they could make money from streaming how she's handling it. you bozos enjoy watching that semi-real pretend real life shit on screen yeah?

Man if there was ever a recording of my gaming sessions (especially Counterstrike) and they could be linked to me I would be kicked out of every private and public schools out there. I said some disgusting shit but it was all mostly in jest and/or trolling.

ok she's a racist... now that she has been outed as one let her stay in school and see how that pans out. hell they could make money from streaming how she's handling it. you bozos enjoy watching that semi-real pretend real life shit on screen yeah?
Prepare for doxxing.

I think the universities (and public schools) can expel for behavior, including speech, that disrupts their ability to further the mission of educating the students. Emphasis on "think" because I haven't really looked it up yet.

I think the details of this situation certainly raise the potential argument that not disciplining her would be highly disruptive to the campus.

This isn't a random student making racist remarks in their social media. This student is clearly attaching her ability to use racist language to her presence in Alabama, and no longer in NJ. I think the free speech argument is strong but not infallible from the university's side.

I think the universities (and public schools) can expel for behavior, including speech, that disrupts their ability to further the mission of educating the students. Emphasis on "think" because I haven't really looked it up yet.

I think the details of this situation certainly raise the potential argument that not disciplining her would be highly disruptive to the campus.

This isn't a random student making racist remarks in their social media. This student is clearly attaching her ability to use racist language to her presence in Alabama, and no longer in NJ. I think the free speech argument is strong but not infallible from the university's side.
Wouldn't the burden be on the university to prove the video affected their ability to teach? Would some students saying that their ability to learn was disrupted by this be enough to validate the expulsion?

Not a strong response for defending the targeting of hateful or offensive language.

Luckily I didn't sign any codes of conduct ayyyyyy.

But really, I don't give a shit that she said it. I said i'm okay with the school taking action based on a totality of the circumstances.

You should know by now my posts aren't politically correct.

Luckily I didn't sign any codes of conduct ayyyyyy.

But really, I don't give a shit that she said it. I said i'm okay with the school taking action based on a totality of the circumstances.

You should know by now my posts aren't politically correct.
Should probably read the warroom rules.

Rules
Flaming
- There are limits to flaming that will not be tolerated. If you find your posts only containing flaming, you'll likely receive infractions. This is a form of derailment in which you are no longer discussing the topic at hand and choosing to just personally attack another poster. A strong line is drawn on any threats (whether violent/sexual) to the other poster or members of their family.

She directed it toward "people complaining about her usage of the word" in the second video. Alabama students and student athletes were the target. The entire reason this blew up is because a current Bama player noted it on his own twitter.

Backwards unless im not understanding the order here

She makes a dumb video about no one then gets responded to then responds is that not correct ? That wouldnt be her harassing anyone infact that would be her getting harassed. Which she deserved. My issue is I dont think the school should be able to expel her over it not that racism isnt wrong just so we are clear on that

Should probably read the warrom rules.

Rules
Flaming
- There are limits to flaming that will not be tolerated. If you find your posts only containing flaming, you'll likely receive infractions. This is a form of derailment in which you are no longer discussing the topic at hand and choosing to just personally attack another poster. A strong line is drawn on any threats (whether violent/sexual) to the other poster or members of their family.

If a mod finds my content objectionable, they're more than welcome to dub or ban me as appropriate. Unlike the bleeding vaginas that constitute most of the right wing peons around here, I take responsibility for what I post.

<22>

If a mod finds my content objectionable, they're more than welcome to dub or ban me as appropriate. Unlike the bleeding vaginas that constitute most of the right wing peons around here, I take responsibility for what I post.

<22>
Lol

Some people just need a beating. Only an asswhopping can sort this girl out

if you are going to spout bullshit then own it. dont act like it was an accident. i wont believe you

you are only sorry you got caught.

you also have to be stupid to not know how fast shit spreads around on the internet. watch what you say.

Back