Multiplatform Alan Wake II

Will it be on the switch? Alan Wake was a great game but for some reason I got near the end and didn't finish it... I bought it for $5 from a pawn shop recently so I could finish it...

Might get a gaming desktop, if so this will be on the list of games to get for sure.

*Edit: wait, it's digital only? No thanks...

Hold on for a second.... you want to buy a gaming PC and you won't buy digital games? Oh boy I've got some news for you....

Hold on for a second.... you want to buy a gaming PC and you won't buy digital games? Oh boy I've got some news for you....
Yeah, it's a conflict for me... I will pirate games tho... Or buy physical when I can. It would be a entry level gaming PC as I don't care much about the graphics. Mostly looking for a high powered PC for editing and occasional gaming when it's not available on Switch. Or emulating dos games...

THQ Nordic has offered to partner with Remedy to make physical media release happen for AW2.

Full read here.

AWII recently had a closed-door demo made available; they (Remedy) only made the demo for the PS5.

Impressions ranged from amazing to outstanding.

Confirmed awesomeness as recapped by Benji:
  • Next-gen visuals
  • True 3rd-person survival horror
  • Detective work solving cases
  • Alan missions are very "dark"
  • Influenced by True Detective, Coen Brothers, Fargo, and Se7en

AWII recently had a closed-door demo made available; they (Remedy) only made the demo for the PS5.

Impressions ranged from amazing to outstanding.

Confirmed awesomeness as recapped by Benji:
  • Next-gen visuals
  • True 3rd-person survival horror
  • Detective work solving cases
  • Alan missions are very "dark"
  • Influenced by True Detective, Coen Brothers, Fargo, and Se7en

I can get behind all of this. Remedy is one of the best at atmospheric story telling. Love the influences. I'm curious how the detective work will play out, how immersive it will be and what unique ways they will try to make you feel like an actual detective.

I’m very much looking forward to this. Been replaying all the Remedy games in anticipation. Never played American Nightmare but just got it for cheap with the xbox deals going on right now.

I’m very much looking forward to this. Been replaying all the Remedy games in anticipation. Never played American Nightmare but just got it for cheap with the xbox deals going on right now.

I just finished Quantum Break this weekend and thought it was fantastic. Shorter than I expected and the TV shows were a bit cheesy but overall pretty good.

I just finished Quantum Break this weekend and thought it was fantastic. Shorter than I expected and the TV shows were a bit cheesy but overall pretty good.

I started a playthrough of it last year but never finished. I’m coming back to it soon.

I started a playthrough of it last year but never finished. I’m coming back to it soon.

Yea I did the same thing. Started it up for like an hour but just wasn't in the mood and stopped. This time I finished it though. It's also surprisingly easy. Beat it on hard with very little trouble until the last boss who will be a PIA no matter what difficulty you choose.

Yea I did the same thing. Started it up for like an hour but just wasn't in the mood and stopped. This time I finished it though. It's also surprisingly easy. Beat it on hard with very little trouble until the last boss who will be a PIA no matter what difficulty you choose.

I think I got pretty far in my play through but the episodes started to wear on me. I just wanted to play the game, not watch TV. Other games ended up grabbing my attention more and pulled me away from it. Hope it goes better the next time around. I’ll be dreading the last boss now lol.

I think I got pretty far in my play through but the episodes started to wear on me. I just wanted to play the game, not watch TV. Other games ended up grabbing my attention more and pulled me away from it. Hope it goes better the next time around. I’ll be dreading the last boss now lol.

Honestly I watched all the TV episodes and it's not even necessary to watch. It fleshes out the story and characters a bit more but not much. It kind of focuses on the side characters of the game so it's not a huge loss if you miss it.

Honestly I watched all the TV episodes and it's not even necessary to watch. It fleshes out the story and characters a bit more but not much. It kind of focuses on the side characters of the game so it's not a huge loss if you miss it.

Cool, I’ll keep that in mind if I find myself not getting into it again. I appreciate that they were trying something different but for me, gaming and watching a show are such distinctly different activities. When I want to game, I don’t want to watch something and vice versa.

Cool, I’ll keep that in mind if I find myself not getting into it again. I appreciate that they were trying something different but for me, gaming and watching a show are such distinctly different activities. When I want to game, I don’t want to watch something and vice versa.

Yea I wont lie when I first booted it up I was mid way through act 1 maybe even a bit more. I was just getting into the combat and got hit with a 24 mins tv show and was kind of annoyed. It's better after that since I played a full act then got an episode but the first time I was just wanted to keep playing.

I know what you mean though. I appreciate them trying new things but it doesn't work.

for me, AW1 was one of the most disappointing games i've ever played. i just didnt enjoy the 'aim your flashlight until they pop, then pop them again' gameplay. maybe i'll pick up aw2 if the reviews are extremely favorable and its discounted 50%

for me, AW1 was one of the most disappointing games i've ever played. i just didnt enjoy the 'aim your flashlight until they pop, then pop them again' gameplay. maybe i'll pick up aw2 if the reviews are extremely favorable and its discounted 50%

Looks like the exact same thing in #2. Probably just not your type of game.

Launching two weeks before Hallowe'en 2023, more AWII gameplay facts to absorb (official):

• Two co-protagonists
  • Two realities
  • Two desperate journeys
  • Nightmares becoming real
  • Survival horror gameplay
  • Majestic Washington State landscapes
  • Twisted, nocturnal New York

Launch pushed back 10 days, confirms Remedy, for what many are now cheering as a prime Hallowe’en release.

Remedy with announcement adds that October already has too many games launching for players so doesn’t mind relaunching end of month.

Thread title updated from 17.10 to 27.10. Spookiness incoming.

Finally played the first game and the dlcs since it was on ps plus. Really enjoyed it, it's a bit cheesy but was a cool game, didn't really feel dated either, the light mechanic was done well.

Looking forward to the second game now.

Last edited:
Finally played the first game and the dlcs since it was on ps plus. Really enjoyed it, it's a bit cheesy but was a cool game, didn't really feel dated either, the light mechanic was done well.

Looking forward to the second game now.
It is one of my favorite 360 era games. I'm bummed AW2 will be digital only. Hopefully someone picks up a limited physical run.

It is one of my favorite 360 era games. I'm bummed AW2 will be digital only. Hopefully someone picks up a limited physical run.
Yeah, THQ Nordic offered but as that was May-June, it's not happening, I think. The game actually went gold just some 48h ago so physical disc printing would be (announced and) starting quite literally now, I imagine, as 6-12 weeks is the industry printing window norm before launch, if I remember right.

Back