Aldo’s decline

Volkanski? Volcanski? Volcan'tski? Valkuntski? Vilkonski? Vilkillski?

Aldo is amazing. He has a lot of mileage on him, but if he makes the weightcut, I reckon he is the perfect guy to trash Cejudo. He has perfect TDD, great striking, and a solid gastank.

IFFFF, he makes the weight.

Tbh he hasn't declined, maybe not at all. 145 just got better. The Aussie guy ain't as ordinary as they come, he's a monster and I expect him to tear through Max like Jones tore through Shogun. Have never been as certain of a title challengers success as I have with Volk. If the level of Aldo's competition dips I think he will look great again(this is why he wants to go to a 135 he's clearly too big for cause he knows he can win that belt). Dude was on top in the early 2010's from the WEC era, truth is he was dominating the early days of sub 155 MMA and the sport has just evolved. Aldo isn't old at all, he's in his early 30's and every time he faces a 5-10 guy he looks like "prime Aldo".
People say this about every fighter when they decline. Competition is just better. No. I'm pretty sure having such a long career at the top has took its toll. He's in his early 30s and spent nearly a decade at the highest level consistently fighting the very best available. And he literally lost to volkonovski due to inactivity more than anythin. But hurrr durr de competishin is so much betterrrr

What a depressing thread.

tenor.gif

Volk is much better than you think, he will take the title from Max

Aldo will see out the rest of his career fighting at Brazilian events maybe on a bit of juice, he's given us plenty of entertainment over the years and deserves to coast out the rest of his career.

He lost a close one to a guy that hits like 1974 VW beetle..........

ALDO's from at least two generations ago.

His career began before Gray Maynard, Jim Miller, Matt Brown, etc ... he's from the Clay Guida, Nate Diaz era. The dude has been fighting forever and the game has left him behind a little, like it has for all guys of that vintage. Even size-wise 145 has changed, he used to be a big 145er then the likes of Conor, Max and co came along and made him look small in comparison

And this is a guy who was training at Nova Uniao, where they stuck with the brutal old school sparring and weight cut methods well after other camps modernised.

And yet he's still stopping young contenders like Moicano and dangerous wiley vets like Lil Heathen.

They do mostly flow sparring

You make it sounds like it's farfetched that he could win a rematch but that fight lasted so little, it gave us very little sense of how they match up. If Aldo doesn't act uncharacteristically rashly and doesn't get caught, then what? We have no idea.

If, buts and maybes....... Conor would probably get in his head again, did we ever see anyone get inside Aldo's head like that before?

yeah its been evident that aldo is not championship material anymore.

he can be like urijah faber now and just beat prospects who are climbing the ranks.

max, volk, ortega, zabit, korean zombie and emmet beat him imo. the rest he beats.

Keep talkin out your ass. He already KOd Korean zombie in round 4 when they fought. Did you know that?

Oh lemme guess you mean Korean zombie of today and you totally knew they fought right ?

<YeahOKJen>

Keep talkin out your ass. He already KOd Korean zombie in round 4 when they fought. Did you know that?

Oh lemme guess you mean Korean zombie of today and you totally knew they fought right ?

<YeahOKJen>
oh right, he dirtily targeted zombies dislocated shoulder.

kz beats him in a rematch.

5 years ago I had him in my top 5 goat talks. His record is still the most impressive at FW regardless if Max and Conor had his number imo. He used to be a murderer in WEC and paced himself a bit on his UFC run as a champion going through the division twice. I'd like to visit the favela and trace the steps where this legend grew up

635757742034781794-GettyImages-479784898.jpg

Just give Volk no credit why don't you. Yea, the fight was boring as fuck, but he was obviously doing something right if Aldo didn't want to get aggressive and attack.

Nothing like the smell of COPE on a Thursday morning. Pathetic

<{1-8}>
KZ went to the army and learnt some cool combat shit that he added to his arsenal which he didn’t have the first time he faced Aldo.

Unreal how
Strong
And quick he was
During his champion run
And prime years.

If, buts and maybes....... Conor would probably get in his head again, did we ever see anyone get inside Aldo's head like that before?

Anything is possible. It's just as defensible for me to say that Aldo would learn from his mistake and not get caught again. He was able to shut down Edgar after a close first fight, for example.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back