Aldo isnt even in the top 5 of wins in UFC FW history?

It was an entirely transplanted division too

Aldo wasnt the only guy from WEC and he was in the UFC same amount of time as others who came over.

If I add Swansons WEC he has 15 too.

Don't act like Aldo had a shorter career when he came to ufc. He's been in since WEC merger same as the other guys who came over.

I don't think OP is disrespecting Aldo in anyway, wind your necks in you divvies.

It's an interesting observation, not seeing Aldo on them lists is weird, you automatically assume he would near the top of them all.

Aldo wasnt the only guy from WEC and he was in the UFC same amount of time as others who came over.

If I add Swansons WEC he has 15 too.

Don't act like Aldo had a shorter career when he came to ufc. He's been in since WEC merger same as the other guys who came over.
What the holy hell...

All I was implying is that everyone’s wec career might as well count toward their UFC tally since the ufc FW division started out as just the WEC division moved over. I don’t know what weird Aldo hate has got you by the balls so hard to make you write all that silly shit responding to a conversation me and you never had. Seriously wtf is going on in your head? I’m not going to engage with you in any real debate because you sound like a loon in this thread

He was already the champ when they merged WEC.

People tend to fight less once they get the belt and become the guy to beat. The target on their back make them want to fight at 100 percent only. Active fighters becoming rather inactive once they have the belt has happened countless times in this sport.

Aldo is known for pulling out, it happened like 5 times during his 7 years reign, right ? Well look at Holloway. There s no denying the dude is a warrior and he has pulled out three times in barely a year already. Look at Conor. His motto was "be comfortable in the uncomfortable" and would fight many times a year, yet was nowhere to be found once he got the belts he wanted. Just a few examples.

But I guess Aldo is just a bum eh TS ?

What the holy hell...

All I was implying is that everyone’s wec career might as well count toward their UFC tally since the ufc FW division started out as just the WEC division moved over. I don’t know what weird Aldo hate has got you by the balls so hard to make you write all that silly shit responding to a conversation me and you never had. Seriously wtf is going on in your head? I’m not going to engage with you in any real debate because you sound like a loon in this thread

I'm not the one triggered over a STAT

But he does have 6 title defenses. Furthermore, Aldo came into the UFC as a champion and with that said, he only fought two times a year like all other champs do. When you're a champ you just fight less with those circumstances of being a champ, and there are many. Contenders and outside top 15 guys are more active as they are trying to move up.

Look at Max, from the start of 2014 to end of 2016 so three full years he fought 9 times before winning the title end of 2016. Upon winning the title, 2017 and 2018 so far he's fought 2x.

Saw this during the Mendes fight.

1. Holloway - 16
2. Elkins - 13
3. Swanson -10
4. Mendez - 9
5. Bermudez - 9
6. Lamas - 9

He also has less knockouts than Mendes or Mcregor.

you do know that being champ aldo cant fight every month like max right.

Quality > quantity.

Every fight he had was for the belt with the exception of the 2nd Edgar fight (against a top 10 GOAT fighter) so yeah... I'll take his wins over the trail of cans those other guys had before reaching contender status. Does Aldo really need to KO a few Cody McKenzies to justify his legacy? Unless you're a clown who just blindly looks at stats, you know who the true FW GOAT is.

I remember seeing Aldo on Versus when they showed WEC. I still think he was the best fighter in the world at that point.

So much butthurt. It's a fucking stat quit crying.

Last edited:
its like people don't understand that champs dont fight as much as people title chasing.

no shit a prospect or contender isn't going to fight 3/4 times a year while a champ is typically fighting twice a year.

Last edited:
It’s easier to fight many fights in a shorter period of time when you are fighting low level guys in 3 rounders.

The thread is about a specific stat (UFC wins)

The thread is not about who beat who.

Is that too hard to understand or?

Some people fight cans four times per year while other defend against championship contenders.

To be clear.

the WEC FW is the UFC FW division.

There is literally no difference other than name.....All the UFC did was slap a new label on it.

Jose Aldo will always be the FW GOAT. His 9 title defenses will never be matched.

Back