Aldo vs Edgar 1 or Stipe vs DC - which match felt like more of a “Superfight”?

Stipe-DC for sure. Idk why more people aren't hyped for this fight, how much better can a fight be??

Stipe vs DC is a great fight, but not even a “Superfight”. This term superfight has been whored out to the point it has no meaning anymore.
I'm pretty sure both fighters being current champ meets the actual definition of superfight. I mean yeah the term is ridiculously overused, but in my mind it should be reserved for when actual dominant champs are fighting, which is the case here. Stipe is the longest running HW champ in UFC history, DC is a dominant LHW champ who has only lost to juiced up Jones (and happens to be 13-0 at HW on top of it). This is a true superfight.

DC vs Stipe easily. Both are actual current champs and being at HW there's a great chance for an epic KO. I was more excited for pre-USADA Showtime Pettis vs Aldo than Edgar vs Aldo.
penn vs aldo was the big one before bj fell off a cliff

How can DC vs Stipe have "felt" like a superfight if it hasn't happened yet

DC vs Stipe for me. Edgar was not the champ at the time and cut down after losing the strap.

Neither.

But if I had to pick I'd say Stipe/DC, due to it being the HW title imo.

One of these hasn't happened yet so it's hard to do a retrospective.

Thinking pretty much everybody knew that Aldo was going to win... I mean Frankie had an outside shot but Jose was on another level at the time...
Now Stipe vs Cormier. Champ vs Current 205 Champ. This should be an interesting fight.. Grinding/Boxing vs Boxing/Wrestling. Tune in Saturday to see who wins...

Stipe and DC are literally two of the top 5 best fighters on the planet period.

Thinking pretty much everybody knew that Aldo was going to win... I mean Frankie had an outside shot but Jose was on another level at the time...
Now Stipe vs Cormier. Champ vs Current 205 Champ. This should be an interesting fight.. Grinding/Boxing vs Boxing/Wrestling. Tune in Saturday to see who wins...
We’ll all be tuning in brother.

Blessed vs City is my main event.

Very few true super fights have happened in the UFC. I can't even think of many right now.
- BJ / GSP 2. True superfight where two legit champs, both on win streaks went at it. Sadly we saw what a heavier, just as skilled fighter could do.
- Conor / Eddie. I don't know if I would classify this as a super fight, Conor had just lost 2 fights prior, so he lost a little bit of his mystique. Eddie had just won the belt.

Aldo vs Edgar. DC has fought HW's before. He probably doesnt want to cut to LHW and they are just calling it a superfight.

The one that has two champs fighting.

I will say Miocic/Cormier, both are current champs and on winning streaks. Edgar was just moving down a division after losing the title. And also, Cormier has already had good success at HW so that makes it a bit more super

DC/Stipe. Bc of the weight class.... the HW Champ is always the baddest man on the planet. Edgar was one of the worst LW Champs and I knew Aldo would storch him.

The one that involves real men not manlets, naturally, since neither fight had any drama we're just talking about pure fighting abilities, and in terms of pure fighting abilities DC and Miocic destroy Edgar and Aldo.
"in terms of pure fighting abilities"

Back