Alex can’t do HW

You mean like Volk ?
You think Volkanovski can evermake 135lbs? You're crazy if you believe that. Just because Volkanovski is short that does not mean he's small for FW, that's where he belongs.

I think Pereira could do well against Aspinall, but I could see him struggle with someone like Jailton Almeida though.

He might do OK in heavyweight, and Im a huge supporter of Alex, but Jones would outwrestle and outgrapple him with little problem. Thats just the truth of it.

He is a HW. He cuts down to LHW and used to cut to MW, but is a 230 dude. Like he can’t bulk 10 pounds or something? By that logic Fedor was not a HW either. If he wants to go to HW, let him go, obviously he should leave his LHW belt up for grabs if he does so.
Man, I hate weight cutting.
I think you need to realize that Fedor was a HW at a time when the athletes were not of this caliber.

Brock Lesnar is a natural heavyweight, he walks around at 260 and had to cut to make weight. Alex is tall, and strong, but his structure is not that of a heavyweight fighter. Brock would take him down and keep him down, the difference in strength would be too much I think.

My all time favorite fighter, Kazushi Sakuraba, fought at LHW even though he should have been a MW at best and it cost him years of his life.

Gane is the only HW I want to see him fight. Aspinall and Jones are horrible matchups for him.

oar2.jpg

why?
they came from the same sport where one was at the very top and the other was one of the thousands "world/national/regional" champion.
both primarily striker (Gane is only a striker while Alex showed some progression in the grappling/jj), we already know who the best striker is between the two.

zero interest in this fight.

If only Pereira could do whatever routine Overeem did to transform into Ubereem back in the day and no one would have a doubt in the world. Even against Jones.

Maybe if Alex defends the LHW belt a few more times & does some circus HW fights against ranked opponents for curiosity and dominates...

Jon Jones might pack his bags and leave UFC entirely after some back and forth trash talk.

I find it strange that he went from being a top kickboxer to be champion of UFC in two divisions and now maybe a 3rd one without having to face a single wrestler. What he did is incredible, but I feel the road set in front of him was favoring his style.

The problem for him is that the HW top 15 is full of wrestlers and most of them are much heavier than him, if Jan can control him on the ground imagine what Jones, Aspinall, Blaydes, Almeida, Stipe, Pavlovich could do.

Alex walked into the cage at 235 lbs and looked lean. Probably around 240 lbs out of camp. Definitely has the frame to fight at heavyweight.

He was going to get smoked by Jamahal too.

Who really thought this though? Jamahal was never going to outstrike Alex, and he had no other paths to victory.

Alex is big enough for HW, but he lacks the wrestling to compete. Honestly, he could probably go to war with Gane--he is that good.

Although it will never happen, I would love to see Alex fight that multi-champ beast in ONE FC, Malykhin.

He will do well against strikers like Tuivasa and Rozenstruik.

He's a special athlete that hasn't hit his ceiling in MMA.
I think you are correct.
He absolutely would beat a decent amount of HW roster but I don't think he does well against a few of them.

In an Anderson Silva manner, they could super-fight him at HW for some legacy exposure.

You think Volkanovski can evermake 135lbs? You're crazy if you believe that. Just because Volkanovski is short that does not mean he's small for FW, that's where he belongs.
Yeah he’d be too weak

His bones are too thin
Jones looks like crap at HW and he’s taller than Alex

Those big guys would maul Alex into Bolivia
Alex shouldn’t fight HW, I don’t think Dana is down with it either, because if Alex does move up and wins, it waters down 3 weight divisions and then no weight class is special any longer

Bad idea
Aren't they the same height?

I'd like to see him face someone that can put him on his back. He has been facing tough opposition for sure, but everyone has been willing to stand and trade with him.

UFC heavyweight division being so stacked with elite highly conditioned muscular athletes and all...

<YeahOKJen>

And Alex would have about even height if not height advantage, more lean muscle mass than avg HW and equal if not better reach.

Dude would be dangerous anywhere

Back