Alex has beaten 4 UFC champs in 7 fights.

Slaikkaaja

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Two former LHW champions Jan and Jiri, Adesanya when he was the MW champion, and Strickland the future MW champion. All this in 2 years. He was also older than any of his opponents except when he fought Jan Blachowicz.

Interesting statistic. Has anyone done the same? Sure he was fast tracked to the Izzy fight, but anyway.
Alex is a bad man.

Taking into account his long mileage but relative inexperience in MMA, dude had a short window of opportunity to make it big and he passed with flying colors. Very happy for him.

I hope Glover and his coaches can help him take his grappling defence up a notch, because that still seems to be an obvious path to follow if you are aiming for his belt. But regardless of what follows, he already achieved a lot.

I'm actually surprised no one is attacking how he never defended a title in UFC yet. I like the way he fights and hyped for Alex. Glad he made it to the top in both divisions, but he's basically on par with Conor at this point without a title defense.

He looks skinny at LHW, I could see him bulking for HW maybe. Aspinall and Jones would be nightmare opponents though. Actually now that I'm thinking about it if Almeida dropped to LHW he'd be probably Pereira's kryptonite.

Back