Has Alex Surpassed Izzy's legacy?

Leon Edwards

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It is strange to even contemplate this but I actually think Alex has done it.

He is a much more decorated combat athlete winning belts in multiple weight classes in two combat sports.

He has beat Israel 3 times and twice by stoppage.

Izzy knocked out Alex but in that fight Izzy was getting outclassed.

He moved up in weight class and won the belt and then defended the title.

He ko Strickland, the guy that Israel got beat badly by.

Izzy moved up and fought Jan, Jan beat him badly out struck him and almost stopped him with GNP in the 5th. Alex was able to work Jan and beat him convincingly.

Unless Izzy does something spectacular like moving up in weight I do not see him touching the legacy of Alex.

Last edited:

He is a much more decorated combat athlete winning belts in multiple weight classes in two combat sports.

Unless Izzy does something spectacular like moving up in weight I do not see him touching the legacy of Alex.
Come back when Alex defends the belt 5 times.

No in addition to not having an extended reign he hasn't cleaned out a division or proven himself against good wrestlers.

What makes Izzy unusual is that he came from kickboxing and is very good at shutting down wrestlers despite being lanky.

Kickboxing career - Alex won 2 titles and beat Izzy twice. Izzy has more wins but never won the title and was flatlined by Alex so I give it to Alex

MW - Izzy by a landslide, due to clearing out the division and multiple title defenses. And they are 1-1. Izzy has the better wins in the division

LHW - Alex won the belt and defended once. Three wins to 0 for Izzy

Also, Alex never committed heinous, sexually based crimes on his dog so I give the edge to him having the better legacy

Yoel is an Olympic medalist in wrestling. Are you experiencing a stroke? Also Brunson was an NCAA D2 All American.

Wanna try again?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Izzy "fighting" Yoel

A bit like Izzy outclassed Alex in every fight they've had....

Back