Alex Jones Sued by Sandy Hook Parents

bref

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
This was one of the more disgusting conspiracy theories I'm aware of.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/...nes-sandy-hook.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Three parents whose children were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012 filed a defamation lawsuit on Tuesday against Alex Jones, the right-wing conspiracy theorist who has long claimed the shooting was “completely fake” and a “giant hoax” perpetrated by opponents of the Second Amendment.

AVmyV.gif

Hopefully he has fooled enough people to buy The Infowars Life Silver Bullet Colloidal Silver so he can pay his debts!

Hopefully he has fooled enough people to buy The Infowars Life Silver Bullet Colloidal Silver so he can pay his debts!
Colloidal Silver is the TRUTH!!:)
Case will get thrown out
They won’t get any money

I hope they take everything he has.

I hope I am not diagnosed with terminal cancer and given 2 months to live before the trial concludes. Because Alex is on the podium along with Nancy Grace and those Westboro Baptist douches as the people I hope to take out before I depart.

Hope they win , this shit has always bothered me , knowingly adding to the missery of those poor people is sick and twisted.

Sending out the Bat Signal to Sherdog's resident legal expert:
@alanb

What's your take on this case?

My first question is pretty simple:

What are the damages?

They won’t win. Claiming something didn’t happen isn’t grounds to take somebodies money.

They won’t win. Claiming something didn’t happen isn’t grounds to take somebodies money.
I'm pretty sure he accused specific people of being "crisis actors" (and kept doing it) which is very different from denying that an event happened. In that case- if it's that cut and dry- Jones would have to try to weasel out of it as parody or something, which probably couldn't work.

Jones admitted in court already in his divorce hearing it’s all an act.
He just will have to admit again he is a parody and the law suit goes away.
Won’t stop the Rubes from buying his act. That is what is amazing about modern politics. You can be a liar or in Alex’s case an actor and your suppoters will still support what you say as Gospel.

I'm pretty sure he accused specific people of being "crisis actors" (and kept doing it) which is very different from denying that an event happened. In that case- if it's that cut and dry- Jones would have to try to weasel out of it as parody or something, which probably couldn't work.

Well crisis actors are a real thing.

Jones admitted in court already in his divorce hearing it’s all an act.
He just will have to admit again he is a parody and the law suit goes away.
Won’t stop the Rubes from buying his act. That is what is amazing about modern politics. You can be a liar or in Alex’s case an actor and your suppoters will still support what you say as Gospel.
But if he damaged people's reputation with a malicious lie, that hurts his bullshit parody claim. The fact that people take his lies as gospel, like you say, is a strike against him.

Back