Media Alex Pereira currently weights 232 pounds

Out of all those terrible prison looking tattoos, the one that just says,"kickboxing", has got to be the best.
The Glory Kickboxing championship belt on his left bicep is solid, and the dragon around his belly/chest/back/ is scary

upload_2022-8-10_18-34-52.jpeg

He makes weight every time at the middleweight limit so good for him, but damn, that must be an absolutely miserable training camp to get into water cut range of 185.

We're 13 weeks from fight week. assuming he water manipulation cuts 20 pounds the final 10 days, he's gonna have to diet/train away over 2 pounds a week between now and then.

105.6kgs = 233lbs (to the nearest pound). so higher than 230.

105.6kgs = 233lbs (to the nearest pound). so higher than 230.

Yeah. That's why my thread title said 232. I just rounded down since he was fully to the next pound

Costa was cutting from 240 lbs (and failing), so these Brazilians are definitely not shy when it comes to weight bullying.

And people want to tell me he wouldn't have an insane size advantage over Izzy and Khamzat.
Fucking Idiots who complain about grappling but to dumb to actually follow Muay Thai or Kickboxing.
The guy used to eat at some fucking fast food joint daily and posted it on his IG while in Glory, this guy is comically huge for a MW and not built bulky thats a fucking nightmare for everyone at MW

He has fought at both Middleweight and Light Heavyweight in Glory (won titles in both divisions)

I would guess that part of his signing to the UFC was that he would compete at 185 to set up the rematch vs Adesanya.

I would also guess that if he loses to Adesanya, he will move up to his more natural weight class at 205.

That's a big man at MW. And people wonder why the HW division is so much weaker than it used to be- it's because half the HW's from back in the day would be cutting to LHW and MW in modern MMA. If he were fighting 20 years ago, Alex Pereira would be a juiced up 245lb HW running through the HW division.

He would be LHW no problem but i don't think he has a frame to compete in HW. It's not in natural weight

Some people are clueless about what fighters do in camp to cut weight in the best shape. It's all water lol. Even Adesanya must be very heavy right now.

He would be LHW no problem but i don't think he has a frame to compete in HW. It's not in natural weight
1,5 years ago in Glory, Alex Pereira demanded a fight against heavyweight champion Rico Verhoeven to become the first ever Glory Kickboxing triple champ right after defeating Artem Vakhitov to become Glory Kickboxing double champ.
You have to be a scary individual to ask for that fight..

If Poatan felt confident in taking on Rico Verhoeven he sure as hell must feel confident in taking on any heavyweight

Back