Alex Pereira is both the official and lineal light heavyweight champion if you score Jones vs Reyes accurately

Unfortunately the judges disagreed. It is what it is. Considering only SW, and male BW are the only UFC divisions with the lineal champion actually holding the belt. I don’t really care. If you’re the indisputed champ.. You’re the champ.

If you vacate the title you are not the lineal champion...how do MMA fans not understand how lineal titles work? Khabib isn't the lineal LW champion lol.

Any honest and knowledgable mma fan had Reyes beating Jones on the score cards.

The way I look at it, Reyes won the mma contest, but Jon was coming on strong in the last 2 and probably would have won the “fight”

With that said, it’s a race under the 10 point system, and Jon started too slowly losing the first 3 rounds hands down. It’s about effort management and he didn’t do enough early, perhaps that was why he finished so strong. He lost under the unified ruleset.

If you vacate the title you are not the lineal champion...how do MMA fans not understand how lineal titles work? Khabib isn't the lineal LW champion lol.
Most of them don't understand material empirical reality. Abstract concepts not based on conspiracies are far too much to ask.

I didn't. Watching it live thought it was very close but jones won. On rewatch i had Reyes. 48-47 either way would have been ok with me. I guarantee I know more about all aspects of combat sports than you do.

Last edited:
Reyes beat Jones
Blachowicz beat Reyes
Glover beat Blachowicz
Jiri beat Glover
Pereira beat Jiri

Also

Santos beat Jones
Glover beat Santos
Jiri beat Glover
Alex beat Jiri

Any honest fan, actually.
A child could see that Reyes won easily the first 3 rounds.
When you have more strikes than your opponent, when you have more powerful strikes than your opponent, and when there is no wrestling involved, it's a pretty clear sign that you won that round.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I didn't. Watching it live thought it was very close but jones won. On rewatch i had Reyes. 48-47 either way would have been ok with me. I guarantee I know more about all aspects of combat sports than you do.

Ps I actually had a 2003 or 2002 (can't recall) account before it fell before the mighty ban hammer after i insulted BJ Penn and PB leveled his unholy and irrational wrath in a wave of bans. If you really had a 2004 account you'd get this.
Automatically started reading this in an obnoxious brat's voice - you're a complete blow hard. Yuck!

Automatically started reading this in an obnoxious brat's voice - you're a complete blow hard. Yuck!

So sad snowflake. Did I hurt your efeelings? Maybe grow a thicker skin.

Boohoo, so sad. Yuck.. etc etc
You're the obnoxious one, irony, hypocrisy etc etc

I had fun. To my ignore list you go.

I adore how posters pretend live scoring is easy and in no way a partly subjective activity informed by the time and place you see the fight. Jones V Reyes was not a robbery or even that decisive. The notion thst anyone who didn't have Reyes watching it live doesn't understand MMA is frankly more telling about the person that posted that asinine take that anyone who gave it to Jones.

Scoring MMA is actually pretty hard compared to MT, Boxing or Kickboxing. I've judged all four and MMA is by far the hardest. (trying to figure out some of the Mt fights in Thailand might be harder, not that ive ever scored one, just lost money on the :(. )

So sad snowflake. Did I hurt your efeelings? Maybe grow a thicker skin.

Boohoo, so sad. Yuck.. etc etc
You're the obnoxious one, irony, hypocrisy etc etc

I had fun. To my ignore list you go.
Why do you have a zero “reaction score”?

Why do you have a zero “reaction score”?
Haven't posted for an age, maybe about 6 years. Reaction score didn't even exist last time I posted :)

My sister passed away suddenly and afterwards I ceased all social media as I shifted across the world to help her husband with her young children, got a new lcturing job, then I fell out of the habit. When I posted a lot I was basically retired with time to kill.

Santos, loses to Glover, who beats Jan the official champ, then loses to jiri, who comes back and “loses” to Alex, so sure, if you count early stoppages he’s the lineal champion

Back