Media Alex Pereira meets Badr Hari

Who wins if they were to fight (open weight) ?

• Total voters
Right. They competed in sold out arenas, 60k+ spectators, but was only known to hardcores? Come on.
Japanese fans were hardcore fans. If you asked people on the street in the US if they knew what K1 was you'd get a bunch of puzzled stares.

Japanese fans were hardcore fans. If you asked people on the street in the US if they knew what K1 was you'd get a bunch of puzzled stares.
People in the US don’t watch other sports either, so they aren’t the relevant metric. Any sport that can fill such stadiums is not niche and is not a hc fan only thing. That’s like saying Amercan football is niche because it attract large crowds only in the US. We were watching K-1 stuff in Croatia back then on national TV and you could watch it in pretty much any European country.

Badr Hari went to the ring to literally kill. He's the most aggressive fighter to ever enter the ring alongside with Mike Tyson.

Hari has a special place in my heart, he'll be always part of my childhood, watching K-1 at Eurosport. I used to really hate him because of his rivalry with Saki and Samedov but all gone and forget.

He's a true legend and a real warrior. Sad to see him having so many L's lately but father time is undefeated at least he's collecting teh paychecks. Hari x Rico 2 was one of my most anticipated fights in the last few years (Fury x Wilders, Khabib x Conor are the other 2) with real life hype.

Badr Hari went to the ring to literally kill. He's the most aggressive fighter to ever enter the ring alongside with Mike Tyson.

Hari has a special place in my heart, he'll be always part of my childhood, watching K-1 at Eurosport. I used to really hate him because of his rivalry with Saki and Samedov but all gone and forget.

He's a true legend and a real warrior. Sad to see him having so many L's lately but father time is undefeated at least he's collecting teh paychecks. Hari x Rico 2 was one of my most anticipated fights in the last few years (Fury x Wilders, Khabib x Conor are the other 2) with real life hype.
I attended Rico vs Badr 2 with my dad and lil’ bro.
Hari’s walkout was fucking electrifying man. Shit gave goosebumbs, one of the most iconic moments in my life. He was the big star that night

Badr has not actually won a fight since 2015 and his chin is shot. He was an absolute killer back in the day but that was long ago. Despite being a huge HW Pereira doesn't look that small next to him. I'd favor Pereira at this point.

K1 is so cool, really don’t get how that style isn’t more popular as a sports package
Top guys were great, but it was a shallow talent pool. Same people fighting each other over and over again.

By 2007, Andy Hug had passed away, Cro Cop and Hunt went on to MMA, Ernesto Hoost retired, and many of the guys still around were passed their prime. Badr was a rising star but there really weren't many others at that point.

I attended Rico vs Badr 2 with my dad and lil’ bro.
Hari’s walkout was fucking electrifying man. Shit gave goosebumbs, one of the most iconic moments in my life. He was the big star that night

am inspired and so am right now watching Collision 1 and also Collision 2.....

here is 1st fight :

Hari so insecure and way past his prime, he's trying to big brother Alex. I say Alex wins after Hari fakes a shoulder injury after gassing in the third.

am inspired and so am right now watching Collision 1 and also Collision 2.....

here is 1st fight :

Hahah nice to see man!
Those fights were something special at the time man, I tell you that. The atmosphere during the second fight was absolutely insane, the stadium was so loud during Badr’s entrance with the song “Va Bene”… it looked like al 34 thousand people were singing together. Here’s the second fight:

@Doughie99
Oh and make sure to check out this post of mine on the first page of the thread aswell, for some sidenotes;)
Well, it looks like Badr is in a very weird place right now, where he can literally beat everyone on the world, and get defeated himself at any given moment in the fight.
Hari is still as game and dangerous as they come, however his ability to take damage declined and isn’t the best anymore.

On a good day he’s still able to beat everybody imo.
Look at his fights with Rico Verhoeven and Arek Wrzosek.
He was beating their asses until he eventually got injured (Rico fight) or knocked out because he lost composure and hunted the finish too much (Arek fight).
At some point in both fights Badr smelled blood and went into killmode, resulting in him getting KO’d/injured and therefore losing the fight.

Take a look at both fights if you want

Badr Hari vs Rico Verhoeven (2) full fight:

Highlights of the Rico fight:

Badr Hari vs Arek Wrzosek (1) full fight:

Highlights of the Arek fight:

Badr looked fast and explosive against Rico and had an aggressive approach with some nice level changes in his punch selection.
He also made sure Rico didn’t fight his own game and forced him to get into somewhat of a firefight with Badr.
Badr ate quite some big shots from Rico that didn’t seem to bother him that much aswell.

Badr had a good gameplan against Arek (going to the body) that he sticked to throughout the fight and he looked more calm and composed in his approach than we’ve seen him in recent years, resulting in him scoring 3 knockdowns, looking very dominant and in total control of the fight (until that legendary comeback-KO ofcourse).

Also, Arek Wrzosek earned a ton of respect from me that night, for not giving up and continue fighting where 99% would’ve stopped.
Therefore I’m a fan now:D

Hahah nice to see man!
Those fights were something special at the time man, I tell you that. The atmosphere during the second fight was absolutely insane, the stadium was so loud during Badr’s entrance with the song “Va Bene”… it looked like al 34 thousand people were singing together. Here’s the second fight:

It's unfortunate Hari got injured during the fight BOTH times. I couldn't quite see the knee or whatever that broke his arm in the 1st fight. Trying to see if the ulna or radius - it looked like one of those 2 bones broke near the elbow joint.
Nothing THAT obvious as far as what caused it but these are 2 very big dudes so they got a lot of power even when it doesn't look like a big strike.

@Doughie99
Oh and make sure to check out this post of mine on the first page of the thread aswell, for some sidenotes;)
I also watched Collision 3 -- Verhoeven vs Jamal Ben Saddik (even bigger dude at 6'9").
Saddik had Rico in trouble twice but then...clearly gassed out and the referee ultimately stopped it. Rico's stamina and cardio endurance is unmatched at this level IMHO.

Back