Media Alex Pereira reveals he weighed 227lbs/103kg during Jan Błachowicz fight

Does Poatan have the size to compete at heavyweight?

• Total voters
He could do the Jailton Almeida bulk and fight at hw but I think Almeidas fight style is more suited for being a cruiser - heavyweight

I know he’s loved on here cause he tko’d Izzy, but he is Weight bully. I want to see the same people who called jones a weight bully to say the same about poatan.

He’s really not though. He’s tall, lean and holds his weight well but when he fought against Jan he was definitely a bit soft around the midsection.

alex-pereira_ufc.jpg

Do you think a lot of 205ers are 225 come fight time? I think so but don't really know.

How much you think DC weighed when he was LHW? Tito was big. Bader seemed huge. Rumble was a large man.

Bader only weighed around 220-222 when he first started competing at HW (Bellator Grand Prix).

Alex looks like he has a lot of junk in his trunk, probably why he's got so much power behind his punches.

He has the frame, but not the size, and at this age it's unlikely he'll put on the size in enough years.

Look at a guy like Sergey Pavlovich. THAT'S a HW.

Last edited:
If that's the case 205 is the sweet spot for him

It is. He went to 185 because he knew he could get a fight with Izzy.

He was killing himself making 185 in kickboxing once he got into his 30s. He would have stayed at 205 full time if he had stayed in that sport by now.

Damn bet he prolly weighs 240+ off season. No idea how he made middleweight weight cut.

The commentary was going on saying how Jan was the bigger guy… I called bullshit Alex looked much bigger than Jan out there. Crazy how Alex is a big 205er coming straight from middleweight.

How much do you think Jan weights in fight night being less soft around the mid section.

Jan is not much bigger than Alex but definitely not the other way around

Most LHWs weight 220-225, that's their cage fight.
DC was 235.

Do you think a lot of 205ers are 225 come fight time? I think so but don't really know.

How much you think DC weighed when he was LHW? Tito was big. Bader seemed huge. Rumble was a large man.
Corey Anderson was 225, so not terribly egregious to be 227.

That is not a lot but I think he could and should compete at HW before he calls it a day. Maybe a one off vs a striker.

That's only a 22lbs gain over the weight limit, which is really not much for a LHW. I hear guys like Islam, Poirier, Usman do 30-40lb cuts

Pereira's build is perfectly good but not exceptional at LHW the way it was at MW, and too small for HW
True but weight cut vs rehydration weight are different

Back