Media Alex Pereira Says He's Fighting vs Jiri Prochazka NEXT - "Giving Up" On Moving To Heavyweight

excellent, fuck goddard
If you're a Jiri fan you should thank Goddard. You're boy was about to get slept hard.

I'm a big fan of both so selfishly I'd prefer they both fought someone else.

Another fight where Alex Pereira's wrestling will not get tested.. Huge disappointment. Should be Ankalaev next.

Guy, Alex beat wrestle heavy Jan.

Ankaelev shit the bed with his opportunity. He's not an exciting fighter and needs to prove himself again. Fortunately LHW is shallow right now.

I don't really care to see them rematch so quickly, it's been 1 fight for each of them since Pereira KO'd him. They should've rematched Ank and Jan so that there was another option, or Jiri should have to beat one of them first.

Any other champ this wouldn't really be a problem, but Alex isn't waiting 6+ months to fight again. Not that I'm comlaining about an active champion though.

Oh no, it's so dissapointing that Pereira isn't fighting the mouthbreather who got wins over world beaters such as:
- johnny walker;
- anthony smith.

His best argument for a title shot is a draw with Jan lmao. And yet he demands a fight in abu dhabi. Embarassing.

The ugly, boring, Ankalaev thinks "he" can dictate terms to the crowd-pleasing Champ-Champion ... and so ruined his own chances.

No one to blame but himself.
Scaredy cat
Chicken
Bokbokbokbokbok

I thought Belal... I mean Ankalaev was promised the next title shot.
Ank won't fight until the end of the year and wants Abu Dhabi, where he last got away with a NC for a clearer DQ.
r/MMA - Magomed Ankalaev calls out Alex Pereira to a fight in Abu Dhabi, says he has no chin

If he would fight soon he would be next, but he had the weakest callout I have ever seen recently off a redo over Walker.
Edit:this was when Alex said he wanted to fight again fast and Ank had been chilling and asked for 6 months to prep...

Anyone want to lay out an argument as to why Ankalaev even deserves a title shot? Something other than he's a grappler, when he's really just a striker with low IQ.

Fun fact, Ankalaev has 0 submission wins in his entire career and has 10 KO victories.
Ank has one win in his last three fights.

What more could he possibly do to earn that title shot?
( on the date and location he chose)

Ankalaev will clean out the division before getting a chance lol. This is so stupid.
He has fought Jan, Smith , Volkan, Krylov and Walker x2 in the rankings...
He has 9 guys he could still fight including the champ and you could easily redo Jan vs Ank but the UFC is too scared to put that turd sandwhich on again.

Ank has one win in his last three fights.

What more could he possibly do to earn that title shot?
( on the date and location he chose)
18-1-1-(1) What a weird record haha. 1-1-(1) in his last 3 when it should have been a DQ loss anywhere else than one of the most corrupt local cards we have ever seen.
We had people getting clear nut shots and being told they were fine, legal knees resulting in recovery time and Ank vs Walker being a more clear DQ than Yan vs Sterling to name a few homegrown calls.

He has fought Jan, Smith , Volkan, Krylov and Walker x2 in the rankings...
He has 9 guys he could still fight including the champ and you could easily redo Jan vs Ank but the UFC is too scared to put that turd sandwhich on again.
Jan is out for double shoulder surgery. he's not coming back for a while..

Reactions: HHJ
@13Seconds thought so too.
Lol hey man as you said, we don't know shit about shit until contracts are signed.

What we do know is that Ankalaev called to fight at the end of the year. Pereira wants to fight sooner to stay active.

I hope the UFC can solve this and meet their requests in the middle. Ank doesn't call the shots and it's crazy to demand the champion to wait for the challenger. In the end, i think Pereira/Ankalaev is happening next. Or i hope so.

Hmm, wondering what retarded angle Jones is gonna come up with now to try and duck Tom. Don't be gay Jon, Tom is willing and waiting with the interim strap.

Lol hey man as you said, we don't know shit about shit until contracts are signed.

What we do know is that Ankalaev called to fight at the end of the year. Pereira wants to fight sooner to stay active.

I hope the UFC can solve this and meet their requests in the middle. Ank doesn't call the shots and it's crazy to demand the champion to wait for the challenger. In the end, i think Pereira/Ankalaev is happening next. Or i hope so.

Fair enough, bud.

Did he really demand it to be later this year, or was that just a suggestion/request?

Also, he DID get a title shot and he blew it.
yes and since getting that title shot and blowing it he has done less than jiri there is a strong argument for either, of course, everyone wants to see someone with a strong ground game fight poatan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back