Media Alex Pereira teases return to middleweight for a fight against DDP | Dricus reacts

Who wins this potential fight at 185?

• Total voters
DDP was beating a gassed Strickland in round 4..... Round 4!
I scored the fight for Strickland but to think DDP would get tired is silly as hell.
I though Dricus looked EXHAUSTED on the stool in between I think rounds 2-3.

Credit to him for pushing thru.

I think Strickland was also exhausted after round 4 and managed to rise to the occasion and put on a sloppy but at least spirited round 5.

The fight was a mess, but I do feel like both men pushed themselves and had to fight thru pretty significant fatigue.

DDP was beating a gassed Strickland in round 4..... Round 4!
I scored the fight for Strickland but to think DDP would get tired is silly as hell.

Sean Strickland ≠ Alex Pereira

Strickland couldn't even make it to the third minute of the 1st Round with Pereira, so what's really "silly as hell" is to think fighting one is the same as fighting the other.

Maybe actually watch Alex's fights.

Every single fighter who has tried to keep Alex down, gets tired trying, and starts getting eaten alive — including Jan Błachowicz at LHW.

I think will Błachowicz would murder DDP, and Alex was eating Jan up after those takedown attempts in the first.

I though Dricus looked EXHAUSTED on the stool in between I think rounds 2-3.

Credit to him for pushing thru.

I think Strickland was also exhausted after round 4 and managed to rise to the occasion and put on a sloppy but at least spirited round 5.

The fight was a mess, but I do feel like both men pushed themselves and had to fight thru pretty significant fatigue.
Stricklands a know cardio machine and even seemed to put cardio Izzy. Being gassed along side Strickland shows high level cardio imo.

Me saying DDP won't get tired is silly but it's just crazy to me how dismissive everybody is about everything. That was a super impressive showing

ID BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!

WAR POATAN, EAASY WORK

Too many people just accepting this. The opportunity to become a multi-weight champion should be a special opportunity for a select few, it should really mean something. If a champion wants to change weight classes and challenge for a belt they should either A) vacate their belt, move up and win some top 10 fights to earn it or B) Defend their title numerous times to where there is no clear deserving contender.

This is the issue with the UFC basically functioning as their own regulatory body.

Money trumps all, including common sense, merit, legitimacy.

I fully expect Izzy to be offered the title shot against Dricus even though he took decisive lopsided losses in 2 of his last 3.

Jones refusing to defend against the interim champ and the UFC backing that up confirms that there is no denying it is a joke and basically openly corrupt/rigged whatever you want to call it.

They deny press passes if the media asks questions they don't like.

Sorry... got a little side tracked.

Imo an opportunity for double champ should require:

Min 5 title defenses.

No established #1 contender in either division (ie champs had cleared out top 5)

Both fighters had to have fought 3x in prior 365 days to show they can be active enough

AND if the fighter becomes double champ they should have to defend both belts within the following 9 months or be stripped.

And no rematches allowed unless the other division belt is vacated.

Stricklands a know cardio machine and even seemed to put cardio Izzy. Being gassed along side Strickland shows high level cardio imo.

Me saying DDP won't get tired is silly but it's just crazy to me how dismissive everybody is about everything. That was a super impressive showing
I thought that was an impressive showing of cardio by both of them.

I would have liked to see a smidge more aggression, but I also know that they were involved in a high level tactical battle.

Alex is just doing this to keep his name out there, McGregor style. He knows damn well he won't be going back down to 185 especially while he holds onto the 205 belt lol.
I highly doubt Alex ever fights below 205 again.

That weight cut for him was absurd and the human body has been shown to struggle to continue succeeding in extreme weight cuts in the late 30s.

Adesanya had Pereira on his back for an entire round.
<BC1>

Also Stamp:

True, but Alex has gotten exponentially better with his stand ups. If bigger and better grapplers like Jan and Jiri couldn’t hold Pereira down I’m not worried about DDP.

By the same note I saw pillow fisted Brad Tavares rock DDP at will with counters. Dude looked like a weeble wobble all fight. He’s ripe for the picking for guys like Izzy and Poatan, it’s another level brother.

Oh I think alex could easily be the first guy to ko DDP. His defense wasn’t very good and poatan can certainly crack hard we all know that. I would favor Alex in that fight.

Dricus is getting countered from dusk till dawn against Izzy/Pereira if it stays on the feet. He knows that though, he's a smart fighter. He'll be grappling from the get go like he did against Till, who after round 1 was landing big on DDP. If Till can survive round one of the grappling im betting Izzy/Pereira can.

He's not serious. Pereira simply noticed that in MMA there's a lot of estrogen in the fanbase(And I'm not talking about female fans) and they like to gossip like crazy. So sometime he throws them a bone. This will fill up their sunday.

Love it Sean Strickland, Isreal Adesanya, Du Plessis, Alex Pereira are great UFC stars. They will sell out many cards.

Enough with all those weight cutting, ainb't you people tired...? The guy is a LHW, stay the F there...

Alex is just doing this to keep his name out there, McGregor style. He knows damn well he won't be going back down to 185 especially while he holds onto the 205 belt lol.

Not true, he did the same thing in Glory Kickboxing — defended both the MW and LHW belts.

DDP would get creamed if that happened.
He would leave the fight lookin like mayonnaise.

I like Alex but nah man. Stick with the gamelan. I don't want title holders to go chasing other titles until they defend several times.

Back