Alex Periera did what Khamzat Chimaev was supposed to do

he’s not so bad. he’s a competent grappler at least. it’s nothing compared the way nggano rolled through the hw division throwing windmill strikes.
He is elite. I loved him in Glory and still love him in the UFC. He is a problem for any opponent. But Sherdog says he can’t wrestle out of a paper bag, so you have to run with the narrative.

Khamzat can beat Alex but it doesn't really matter. Alex already made himself a HOFer in a short time. I don't think he is the best fighter and I think he is very beatable. It still doesn't change the fact that Alex is out there fighting and trying to set records. He is even considering a HW move.

When Khamzat first came onto the scene he was finishing low quality opponents with ease, and he said he wanted to fight next week, he wanted to smash usman then go up to 185 and smash Adesanya, well after that Khazmat has been fighting 1-2 times a year and barely squeezed wins against Usman and Burns and keeps missing 170. Meanwhile Pereira burst onto the scene AFTER Khamzat and achieved two championship belts before Khamzat had his first title shot, all while remaining humble, and stoic, as opposed to Khamzats extremely cocky attitude which he can't live up to anymore.
<mma4>

Very good connecting of the dots. I agree. Whether it's VISA issues, health, or some combination - we certainly haven't seen Khamzat as much as one would have thought. Pereira, on the other hand, has certainly stepped up to the plate and delivered in a shorter time period.

<5>

When Khamzat first came onto the scene he was finishing low quality opponents with ease, and he said he wanted to fight next week, he wanted to smash usman then go up to 185 and smash Adesanya, well after that Khazmat has been fighting 1-2 times a year and barely squeezed wins against Usman and Burns and keeps missing 170. Meanwhile Pereira burst onto the scene AFTER Khamzat and achieved two championship belts before Khamzat had his first title shot, all while remaining humble, and stoic, as opposed to Khamzats extremely cocky attitude which he can't live up to anymore.
"Keeps missing 170." He missed it once, against Diaz, right?

Once.

Fighters often fight when they miss weight. What was unusual was the shuffling of the card.
There was also that one time when he missed weight and came back a few minutes later and weighed in a 166 then checked him again and weighed a perfect 171....magic

7 fights in the UFC and still hasn't gotten a title shot in either weight class while Alex's 4th fight at MW was for the belt? If/when Khamzat loses, then go off. Blaming him for not capitalizing on opportunities that were never made available to him is pathetic. Alex is a killer. Khamzat might be. It's not mutually exclusive and we don't have enough information about the latter to draw any meaningful conclusions. But to a 6'6" musclebound god like TS, anything less than walking on water should be shunned.
Don't forget Khamzat missed weight, Poatan was professional at all times. Missing weight is a significant factor in terms of how the UFC will treat you. They literally forced Khamzat to switch weight classes. Poaton has fought 7, bout to be 8 times in 3 years, Khamzat fought 7 times in 4 years, and nearly lost to burns and usman so thats a significant factor as well.

Last edited:
Once.

Fighters often fight when they miss weight. What was unusual was the shuffling of the card.
Well that's my point, they shuffled the card because he missed weight. That's conor mcgregor treatment Lol

If only Chimaev had beaten the champ in another sport, he could've jumped the line

Oh yeah I am sure if Khamzat got the Pereira treatment, he wouldn't have done the same. lol

How do strikers that don't grapple at all do against Khamzat again? Oh that's right, they get flawless victoried

Pereira was the 185 lb champ and fucking cried about the idea of fighting Khamzat at 185 so he said no, 205 only. He knew what would have happened.

Khamzat forgot about his "I kill everybody, heavyweight, light heavyweight, middleweight!" speech as soon as Pereira called him out to fight at 205 lol

Chimmy is still plotting
He runs his own race

Good point, Khamzat WAS Gifted a perfect shot at 205 from Alex - and ducked out with nothing to lose and everything to gain .
I’m sick of Borz’ bullshit. But why would he fight Alex at 205? Alex was the MW champion and Borz was still at WW.

What would the point of that be? What was there to gain for undefeated Borz? What was perfect about it for Borz? A WW (an actual MW) fighting the MW (an actual LHW) champion at LHW?

It was a ridiculous callout. But, an equally ridiculous reply by Alex. None of those things was ever happening. You can’t duck an undeserving contender from another division And Borz did NOT deserve a TS at MW at the time.

I don’t even worry about it. Hasn’t Borz called out every single WW, and MW champion in the last couple of years?

And I don’t give a shit what expectations others put on anybody. I’m the last person to ever jump on hype trains. So I generally don’t put huge expectations on unproven fighters. That’s only common sense to me.

Don't forget Khamzat missed weight, Poatan was professional at all times. Missing weight is a significant factor in terms of how the UFC will treat you. They literally forced Khamzat to switch weight classes.
Can you blame them after his IDGAF weight miss with Nate?​
7 fights in the UFC and still hasn't gotten a title shot in either weight class while Alex's 4th fight at MW was for the belt? If/when Khamzat loses, then go off.
Finishing a top 1-10 in MW would've made him have a TS claim.​
Blaming him for not capitalizing on opportunities that were never made available to him is pathetic.
Fast track to the top WAS Offered from Alex, he flat turned him down.​

That fight was 2 years ago, that's a very long time to improve. Alex fought 3 times since then and is training daily with Glover. What has Khamzat done in that time? Pereira is probably harder to submit than Usman at this point. Wouldn't shock me if Khamzat's actually regressed
<45>

Oh yeah I am sure if Khamzat got the Pereira treatment, he wouldn't have done the same. lol

How do strikers that don't grapple at all do against Khamzat again? Oh that's right, they get flawless victoried

Pereira was the 185 lb champ and fucking cried about the idea of fighting Khamzat at 185 so he said no, 205 only. He knew what would have happened.
Yeah khazmat would have pulled out.

Khamzat's problems:

-Got really sick for a while
-Scale disaster
-Too famous too fast. Became difficult.
-Eeked by the only two top guys he's fought.
-Seems to have been exiled from the free world

Don't forget Khamzat missed weight, Poatan was professional at all times. Missing weight is a significant factor in terms of how the UFC will treat you. They literally forced Khamzat to switch weight classes. Poaton has fought 7, bout to be 8 times in 3 years, Khamzat fought 7 times in 4 years, and nearly lost to burns and usman so thats a significant factor as well.
Fair point on the missed weight part, but I have no reason to believe that the UFC is punishing Khamzat. Especially if the rumor that he was offered a fight with Leon at UFC 300 is true. Protecting him maybe. As far as the tough fights he's had, they were still wins. He beat Burns. The Usman fight wasn't five rounds. Not saying I think he becomes champion and holds the belt for years. Just can't hate on the man for falling short when he really hasn't yet.
7 fights in the UFC and still hasn't gotten a title shot in either weight class while Alex's 4th fight at MW was for the belt? If/when Khamzat loses, then go off.
Finishing a top 1-10 in MW would've made him have a TS claim.

Fast track to the top WAS Offered from Alex, he flat turned him down.​
He has to fight a top MW first. And if the UFC said he would get a TS with a win over Usman, that isn't his fault. What you think warrants a TS claim is only relevant if you are a matchmaker. And a fight with Alex at LHW made no sense whatsoever. Again, Khamzat may fall short at some point. Pereira is on an incredible run. But Chimaev can't be undefeated and a failure. At least not in my book.

LoL Adesanya fucking took Pereira down. Imagine how ridiculous Khamzat vs Pereira would be.
Pereira gets the Kevin Holland treatment against Khamzat. I can't even imagine how hilarious these forums would be when Khamzat would make Pereira look like he belongs in your local regional promotion

How about he actually fight a top 5 middleweight? Lol at his stans bringing up people who aren't even in his division. Typical.

Back