News Alex Volkanovski vs Korean Zombie Official for UFC 273 main event, April 9th

Who wins

• Total voters
He got dominated bell to bell against Ortega. It wasn't even close

You're thinking of the Yair fight.
No he wasn't. I've noticed you have a habit of changing history.

I know the overall feel of the fight was that KZ was dominated from bell to bell, but that's not what happened. The first round was close with a slight edge to KZ. Then KZ was winning the second round until that elbow. Ortega outstruck him from that point.

I know the overall feel of the fight was that KZ was dominated from bell to bell, but that's not what happened. The first round was close with a slight edge to KZ. Then KZ was winning the second round until that elbow. Ortega outstruck him from that point.
This is hilarious. I have a habit of changing history.... Oh please, give particular instances for your very specific claim. I'd love to hear it but I know you're full of shit and will not give any example because you're just making shit up.

I don't need this but you're ridiculous, man.

50-45. Ortega CLEARLY won the fight from bell to bell. You're clearly just a ridiculous fanboy. I thought you were better than that but I was wrong lol can't even be honest about the fight.

I think you may just be projecting. In your ridiculous mind, if KZ won an exchange, he was winning the fight. Yeah ok, he was in control for seconds of a 25 minute fight so I guess using that ridiculous logic, I am changing history lol

upload_2022-1-12_8-50-19.png

I love KZ but this Alex should be a huge favorite here.

This is his easiest fight in years.

I think a lot of people will let their hopes of KZ pulling an upset cloud their judgement.

This is a mismatch.

I agree, the vote in the poll is basically being conducted "Who do you want to win / Who do you like more?" I like KZ but he's a bit past his prime to be a real threat to Volkanovski, Volk is -330 betting fav for a reason. I really doubt 27% of the people here genuinely believe KZ will walk away with his hand getting raised here.

Ortega pretty clearly won the first round, he knocked down KZ with a punch and out struck him 24-14. That round wasn’t close at all.

Too many letdowns from KZ for me to think he deserved this fight. UFC basically admitting that you can get a title shot off of marketability alone between this and the Mas-Usman rematch

Last edited:
Volkanovski in dominant fashion and Yan in dominant fashion imho.

Will watch both fights because both favorites are extremely clinical fighters and because there is always a chance for upsets / craziness.

Too many letdowns from KZ for me to think he deserved this fight. UFC basically admitting that you can get a title shot off of marketability alone between this and the Mas-Usman rematch

Who else deserves it though? Max is injured, Yair is coming off a loss. Giga is still #10 as of today. Josh Emmett would be a dud as far as trying to sell a PPV as of now, and Arnold Allen hasn't earned anything yet. KZ the best option as of today, if they had held off until next week then maybe Giga would make more sense depending if he can beat Kattar with style.

Also there's no chance in hell Dana is going to "bend the knee" and allow Cejudo to jump in after he vacated two belts and tried to get more money out of Dana within an hour of "retirement."

Last edited:
Should have given the shot to Josh Emmet, dude is seriously underrated and has looked great lately.

Back