News Alexa Grasso & Valentina Shevchenko will coach The Ultimate Fighter, airing in June

Who'll be the best coach?

• Alexa

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Valentina

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
6 months of promotion and 12 hours of TV to promote a 36 year old fighter.

Get a clue UFC.
If you watch they are very consistent about squeezing every last dollar out of the fighters that they have already invested heavily in promoting.

Dustin
Gaethje
Jones
Izzy
Ronda
Meisha
Nunes
Brock
DC

Even look at the end of career segments of guys like Cruz, Aldo, Faber, Henry and you will see quite a few unearned title shots, aka cash grabs. Gotta milk that cash cow to the last drippy drop.

Once that countdown crew has followed you around a handful of times you get VIP preferred status and expedited title shots and opportunities.

Usually interim titles only get used in periods of either injury or the fighter being inactive (ie Conor stepping away from UFC for a while after winning the LW belt.)

This is the UFC's choice to put them on ice so I don't think an interim is justified. I think both fighters would've been ready for UFC 300 for example if that's the direction the promotion wanted to go.

It does sucks for the Blanchfield vs Fiorot winner though, at least they'll have their title shot secured but they'll have to wait until probably early 2025.
Do we know UFC put them on ice?

I think its pretty clear now that TUF isnt something that can be done every year, and they should have found a way to have great coaches without a fight between them mattering. Im sure this will turn out to be one of the lowest rated TUF's ever.

A shoeless Alexa accompanied by Shoeyvasa. He has to drink from the sweat stained sneakers of the winner.

Oh great, another fucking immediate trilogy

<3>

To be fair, at least this one is coming off of a draw - pretty much the one situation where it makes sense for two fighters to have an immediate rematch.

Get a clue UFC.
They’re promoting Grasso leading into the big Mexican Independece Day event at “The Sphere”

Get a clue SuperNerd
Why does it matter who wins those fights? If Barber and Rose lose, doesn't that mean there are two fighters better than them, which would also make the division top-heavy/competitive?
Nobody wants Chookagian near a title, and Ribas is too inconsistent, as well.
I feel like Grasso/Val winner is just holding the belt warm for the Blanchfield/Fiorot winner. I wouldn't favor Grasso against either of them and not this older version of Val who is struggling against Grasso.
Fiorot might be the most overrated fighter in the division right now. Just a taller, longer Chookagian, with the same level of excitement. Hasn’t finished anyone since she fought a week’s notice Strawweight, and struggled against Rose moving up for the first time and had broken her finger in the first round.
To be fair, at least this one is coming off of a draw - pretty much the one situation where it makes sense for two fighters to have an immediate rematch.
If the first fight is a draw, a trilogy makes sense. The first fight had a clear winner, the second fight is a draw. That’s time to move on

Goddamnit. Needless trilogy and treading water with TUF will mean Fiorot or Blanchfield will have to sit on their fist for a year more or so. Number one bullshit like Khabib says.

That said, there is no way in hell Valientina is gonna come out looking like even a borderline tolerable human being given her attitude and the editing that is no doubt gonna happen so the reality tv-bullshit part of the show might be worth a chuckle.

And I very much liked both of their fights so far, so it is what it is, and I am gonna watch. But just even giving Val the direct trilogy was way bottom of my preferences, and TUF makes it even worse for everyone else in the division. Hopefully the fight delivers.

Get a clue UFC.
I agree. Not sure who is the actual demographic for this run. If McGregor vs Chandler did poorly, this one is going to be a many levels worse in terms of viewership.

Fiorot might be the most overrated fighter in the division right now. Just a taller, longer Chookagian, with the same level of excitement. Hasn’t finished anyone since she fought a week’s notice Strawweight, and struggled against Rose moving up for the first time and had broken her finger in the first round.

She handled Rose with ease and before that Chookagian. Also beat Mayra Bueno Silva who just fought for the title a weight class up.

What do they get paid to be on the show?

What happens is Val wins a close fight

How can you deny Grasso a rematch after making her fight Val 3 times before actually losing

Back