• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alexander Volkanovski is one of the most uninteresting champs in UFC history

to be fair that's only 2 fights in his 22 fight career. it's not like he has a a whole string of highlight reel fights
Mendes fight, Kennedy fight, Elkins fight. And that's just in his UFC run. If you're counting his pre UFC fights you really need to have a look at his record to see how many fights he won via stoppage.

I think part of it is because Korean Zombie is a fan favorite and the main event tonight was very uncomfortable.

I do not dislike the guy. But I'd be lying if I said watched that fight. Soon as the aljo fight ended
I immediately started channel surfing.

Agreed. I don't dislike him at all but I don't look forward to his fights. He's not boring but he lacks excitement. He's definitely not a dick but he's certainly not beloved either. I would also say he is lacking a signature win, but beating Max was a huge deal even though Poirier beating him shortly before that (and Max arguably winning the rematch) cooled off his air of dominance. He's just a solid fighter... kind of like how Whittaker was as champ.

I do not dislike the guy. But I'd be lying if I said watched that fight. Soon as the aljo fight ended
I immediately started channel surfing.

Unfortunate for you. It must be difficult to maintain a level degree of attention, when you have the IQ of a bulldog.

His headlining PPV numbers will tell the story that no one cares about his fights. Only a small percentage of MMA purists enjoy his fights.
Eh, those numbers won't mean much even if they are high. Burns and Khamzat and Yan and Sterling alone could drive that number up. His last PPV you had Nick Diaz one the card, the one before was the first Fight Island PPV. Numbers don't always tell a story. Also he's from Australia, dont know if they buy PPV's over there or have streaming services like almost all of Europe these days. PPV is dying as it is, and is being replaced in many parts of the world with other services.

Unfortunate for you. It must be difficult to maintain a level degree of attention, when you have the IQ of a bulldog.

He's boring. Don't be mad lol. He just doesn't have that it. Good fighter. Great champ. Either way if im having trouble falling a sleep. I will definitely put his fights on.

The problem with being the best, by a wide margin, in a division is there's no rivalries.

Tito VS Liddel
Cain VS JDS
Jones VS DC
Silva VS Sonnen
GSP VS Penn
Usman VS Colby
...and I could go on and on.

Fighters, for the most part, are uninteresting.

Rivalries between fighters, are.

He is a great dominant Champion. He always comes in with great gameplan. He is great to watch and is very well rounded.

Reminds me about what Shertards were saying about GSP in his era. It’s not Volk’s fault that 10 different UFC fighters couldn’t put him away.

Somebody’s gotta go in there and look for a freakin finish, not going to out work or out cardio Volk.

Does anyone actually look forward to watching this guy fight? Like seriously, who cares? Not one person on earth has ever said “I can’t wait for the next Volkanovski fight”
Dude I literally cried watching Zombie stalk him down, thinking “maybe.. just maybe..” because I’ve long time been a Korean Zombie Fan.. got serious Dan Hooker Vibes from Zombie after the fight, maybe he just doesn’t have it anymore and should call it a career.

Volk couldn’t truly finish Korean Zombie and Zombie ate his best shots. That’s what stands out the most to me. Korean Zombie will always hold a place in our Hearts, what a Warrior that man is and always has been. Sucks he was robbed 4 years of his Prime though.

I just do not like Volk like I once did, he’s becoming Cocky and Unlikable to me. Looking forward to Holloway reclaiming what’s rightfully his though!!
#BestisBlessed

Does he need to start mentioning family members to be intriguing?

It would actually help. It’s been scientifically proven that we enjoy sporting events more when there is something to invest in. We don’t care about the sport aspect, we care about the story.

Does anyone actually look forward to watching this guy fight? Like seriously, who cares? Not one person on earth has ever said “I can’t wait for the next Volkanovski fight”
Tonight made me more interested.

I always hold his Aldo victory over him. That win for just isn’t a win. You are supposed to be “the man”, but you hold Jose against a cage for 15 minutes and then throw his name on the resume? Nah, feels disingenuous.

That said, he absolutely embarrassed CSJ on the feet tonight. That was a statement, brilliant win.

Yeah I can't really get behind him either even though he is daaaamn good and has a great attitude. It's not really fair to him. I guess I'm still salty he got the nod over Max in the rematch. Max clearly did more damage. The Aldo fight was some BS too. He is a great fighter and respectable champ though.

TS just prefers fighters who are levels under Volk but "talk sheeet" and engage in CTE-inducing type of wars so that the average moron can have his share of blood and violence.

Back